shadow servant 03/05/2016 08:04 PM CST
A few days ago I accidentally gave my shadow servant "a miniature model of qi'reshalia" the noun for this item is qi'reshalia. Now the silly servant won't give it back if I ask for qi'reshalia, model, miniature, qi or reshalia. It is taken up one of the ten item slots and is very annoying. Does anyone known how to fix this?
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 08:32 PM CST
Try asking for qi_reshalia? I doubt that'll work but it's the only thing I can think of other than a GM fishing it out for you.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 08:46 PM CST
Hrm, maybe try to ask serv for mini Qi?
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 09:05 PM CST
I was able to confirm that if you ask for a single letter you will get a corresponding item:

ie:
>>> ask ask ser for p
An ornery Shadow Servant gets a strained look for a moment, then regurgitates a Wayerd pyramid and hands it to you.

When I ask for m, q and r:
The Shadow Servant stares at you in confusion.
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 09:18 PM CST
It probably can't handle parsing the apostrophe. I would assist to see if you could get someone to manually move it out of your servant for you, and as well BUG it in game even if they can get it. That way it can be fixed to prevent it from happening to someone else.
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 10:08 PM CST
This is why we can't have nice things.

I kid you not when I say I looked at the parsing code for this and realized two things:

1) I have no idea why this isn't working (Custom parsing isn't my strong point, but I didn't see any red flags).

2) I literally have no idea how to manually remove an item from someone's servant. It's just not a thing that's done and I've removed all the player ways to do it to avoid item loss nightmares.

... I'm going to have to flag this one the powers that be.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 10:16 PM CST
Thank you very much for figuring out how to fix this Raesh!
Re: shadow servant 03/05/2016 10:29 PM CST
Roll back the old code and release the servant in another room mwahahaha.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html