Moonblade weirdness 02/10/2016 06:28 AM CST
I'm not entirely sure how I managed to do this, but I ended up wearing invisible moonblades for a time. One time there was even two at the same time. Most of the stuff below is from going back through logs, I haven't gone back farther to see if there is something else notable yet, since this is where my story window currently cuts off.

1. I was in combat and my black moonblade flickered unsteadily twice but did not message it was destroyed. I didn't notice at the time because I was training brawling and had just assumed it was a worn one from training small edged weapons just before. I also have a sound trigger on the flickering messaging, but not for the destroyed messaging.

2. I leave combat shortly after this and right before arriving back in crossing I get another two messages about my black moonblade flickering unsteadily. Again, I don't notice because this is not uncommon after a hunting trip and didn't put two and two together with the previous occurence because it wasn't an odd occurence. Going back through the log shows there was again no message about it being destroyed.

3. Immediately after arriving back in Crossing I create two black moonblades to hold while running my wall climbing script as per usual.

4. After finishing my wall climb a few minutes later I used BREAK to destroy both moonblades. They created slivers as per normal.

5. I start my sorcery script, and a couple minutes into it I get 2 messages about my black moonblade flickering unsteadily. No message about it being destroyed, and I'm not holding anything let alone holding a moonblade. This is when I notice the bug and start to investigate, since I know for sure I had only broken two moonblades since arriving back in Crossing shortly after the flickering messages. I looked at myself but didn't see a moonblade in my look. I was able to TAP my moonblade, however, and it messaged just like a worn moonblade does with the bobbing around telekinetically thing. I wasn't able to do anything more, however, because...

6. Less than a minute after the previous two flickering messages I again get two more messages about my black moonblade flickering unsteadily. This time I finally get a message about it being destroyed. I'm also no longer able to tap or otherwise interact with any moonblades.

How I make use of moonblades in general:
-My normal combat routine includes regularly breaking moonblade for use with TKS - every time I hit zero I stop everything and cast/break moonblade until the sliver count reaches 100 again, typically 3 casts. Sometimes this is while I'm wearing a moonblade and other times it is not.

-I train primarily in two places:

--In my main hunting spot I train SE using moonblade and alternate it with a handful of mundane weapons. I almost always move on to the next weapon before the duration of the moonblade runs out so I just wear it. Previously, my script used to use the same SHEATHE gosub as all my weapons to attempt to sheathe it so the moonblade just was destroyed. When wearing moonblades was released, sheathe now doesn't automatically destroy your moonblade so as a quick fix I just added an action to wear the moonblade instead when I got that error message. I only include this on the off chance it matters, since my usual commands entered when wearing it are an almost instant SHEATE MOONBLADE and WEAR MOONBLADE together rather than just WEAR MOONBLADE.

--In my backtraining spot, I alternate solely between the 3 other moonblade skills but it this case I always drop the moonblade and recast before shaping into the next form because moonblades don't flicker when getting close to their expiration after they have been refreshed.

That's the entirety of how I use moonblades, so the bug has to be in there somehow. My guess is some sort of interaction with BREAK and WEAR versions. My most recent combat history was in my main hunting area and prior to that I had locked astro and magic after hunting in my backtraining spot with no apparent issues.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators