Petition positions! 08/13/2013 09:57 AM CDT

Empath's Guild, Sorrow Garden

A wide shrub-lined walkway leads to a small flourishing garden, offering a quiet retreat from the chaotic din of the guild proper. Several low benches are nestled amidst the foliage and a whispering willow tree looms overhead as if creating a protective mantle. You also see a white ash stand with a guild register on it and Guildleader Salvur Siksa.

Slipping quietly into the garden, an Elven woman fidgets nervously waiting for the Guildleader to notice her.

"Excuse me," she says quietly. Reaching into her shopping bag she pulls out a long scroll. She looks it over and then gazes at the older human man who is doing his best not to aknowledge her presence.

"So, okay, you don't want to talk to me." She drops her head for a moment and glances toward the walkway. She makes a move as if to leave but then turn back toward the man, her features set with a look of determination as she drops the scroll onto the stand in front of the Guildleader. The paper begins to unroll revealing a list of names.

"We want a chance to vote for Eksharo's replacement," she says, tapping the scroll. "This is a petition, signed by both empaths and non-empaths alike, requesting that we be allowed to vote for the canidate that we feel is best for the future of our guild.

"Not everyone agrees with me and what I think needs to happen, but all of these people agree that we should have some kind of say in our leadership. The opportunity to have a role in our own future is not something we should have to beg for, but here we are anyway. We are not fighting the leadership, just asking that we have a say in the direction the guild takes."

Appearing nervous once more, she backs away from the stand and fidget with her hair.

"So, um, there it is. Maybe pass it on for us please?"

She shifts her weight and gazes at Salvur hopefully. After a moment, she shakes her head as if to wipe away the disappointment and dips into and awkward curtsy. The guildleader raises his eyes to meet hers and then glances at the scroll on the stand. Taking the tiny motion as aknowledgement of her presence, a victory in itself, she breaks into a wide grin and bounds towards him, smooching the startled man on the cheek .

"Thanks!" She sprints toward the walkway leading back into the guildhall, tripping over her own feet and breaking into a fit of giggles.

ooc see the petition here!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/empathpetition/