A Parchment nailed to the door of the local Empath Guild 06/22/2012 04:10 AM CDT

Dated 8 Years after the death of the Necromancer Lyras:

Good Healers of Elanthia,

Day to day your towns are plagued by zombies, constructs, and villains of all forms. Some are made of glass, some of bones, some of death, and some with smiling faces. I have spent decades fighting wars with shields and spells only to come to the realization that my final battle is one victory won only by truth. The knowledge to remove grievous wounds, ugly deformations, and horrific zombies alike exists inside you. This is the knowledge passed down and revealed through generations of healers from the days of the First Empaths through to the Imperial Healer's Guild. It took a threat of massive proportions for Hodierna to bless us all with the Empath Guild revealing the path to removing all pain and unlife from Elanthia. The ritual sent through me by the hidden one Eksharo to kill Lyras was a form of the link to life previously unknown to Empath disciples that smashed the Necromancer's link to unlife. It is now that the Empath Guild must be held accountable for withholding the truth of the life link so all healers throughout Elanthia may be prepared to aid and combat the effects of unlife for the good of us all.

A guild that researches in shadow information that is privy only to a few potentially corrupt Modien, hording power to use at their whim, is no leadership for the times we live in. These are times for truth and transparency in the link of life! Empath Guild Leaders such as Annael have become instruments of propaganda and deceit. That one in particular will pay for her crimes eventually as they come to the light. It is now when the lands are at their most vulnerable that healers of Elanthia must rise up against their supposed teachers to find true knowledge of the life link. My friends, enemies, and guildmates may all have reason to be skeptical as I am alone in my experience. Annael has spoken of me that, "Every war has it's casualties". Yet I speak out not yet a casualty, but as the herald of the future knowledge that will free Elanthia. The knowledge of the First Empaths.

All healers of Elanthia should demand immediate and full transparency in the guild that has gone unchecked, unquestioned, and unmonitored for the last 629 years. The link of life brought to us all by the First Empaths will save us and bring peace to Elanthia.

Signed,

Ilithian of Old, Sacrifice of Eksharo, Herald of the First Empaths - Asrea Mela

Re: A Parchment nailed to the door of the local Empath Guild 06/22/2012 11:22 AM CDT
An Empath walking by passes the parchment and reads it thouroughly. As is her usual practice, she decides to discuss it with her sisters before coming to any decisions. As an old S'kra, she prefers not to make decisions based on only one point of view, and as at least one of her sisters was involved in the fight against Lyras - it is from her that she seeks knowledge. Even though they had not kept in touch for many years, she still made her way to the small hovel that she knew housed her youngest sibling...

"What exactly happened, I believe, is a combination of forces that brought down Lyras. Yes, it is true that the link with the Empath was able to form the necessary bond. But, true it is that if she had been a run-of-the-mill Necromancer, and not a Lich linked to the Hunger, the two other factors of her defeat would not have been able to work as effectively as they did. "

"Lyras had a very unique link to the undead as she was a Lich herself. What was utilized was a compound - born of Necromancy itself - but that severed that link - an alchemical substance. That was thrown at her by various persons given the necessary vials, and which covered her with that compound, thus blocking her link with her undead - while at the same time, her risen were defeated - and at the same time, the focused beam of the Divine - the Temple Beacon's might must not be discounted here, it is quite a powerful force - I have never disputed that the Gods have power - that They have in abundance ", she winced here, gazing about herself, and continuing in a quiet voice - "I myself helped to recharge it - ironic, isn't it, that one such as I was still able to do such, using my ... mana , to add to the rest ... and then wielded by ones who would burn the wheat along with the chaff... "

The philosopher chortled to herself as if lost in some memory... The empath turned away, and left the same way she came... with new thoughts to ponder.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: A Parchment nailed to the door of the local Empath Guild 06/24/2012 02:08 PM CDT
Looking at the piece of parchment, an Elf observes the area for a moment while reading the final line. Snorting, she wipes the dirt and sweat from her forehead, and whispers to herself out loud.

"They have done this for centuries, yet let us burn when we should have been helped; Let us cry when we could have prevailed. How funny my dear friend, that you would be the one to bring this all back up to the surface. No wonder Annael is trying to keep you quiet, I doubt anyone but Empaths of old remember that lore. My dear lady Faenella...what should I do now..."

Her voice trails off as moseys down the city streets, watching the night sky as she lets the blood trickle from open wounds onto the stone below.
Re: A Parchment nailed to the door of the local Empath Guild 06/26/2012 09:17 PM CDT

Frowning slightly, an Empath reads thru the letter on the door to the tower in Shard. K'miriel always says that Annael is quiet, that people need to get to know her better. She has her doubts tho.

"People have forgotten, when not faced with the abominations daily, they forget the horror. But, I haven't. How could I? Being forced from the guild, senses dulled, and scarred, leaves and impression on a person. I fought along side many others during the attacks by Lyras, and ended up tainted for it. A heart link with the lich almost cost me everything I had worked for. I stand, now, along side of the Inquisition, watching and aiding where I can as they do their holy work, while fools advertise their shops to necrolords and invite them in. Time dulls the memory. Perhaps it is time for people to remember."

She shifts her weight and hurries off to find her sister, her husband, and hopefully, answers.