Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 07:08 AM CDT
Anyone with gweths knows how Netherlich likes to stir the pot and start arguments for arguments sake. After about 30 minutes of his whining about PHA I just had to say something.

Netherlich: "Still. Words speak louder than actions. And if I see anyone around town charging up front for a heal im gonna look into it as is my duty. I don't remember giving out official permits to any empath. Its a tax issue.
Netherlich: "Im glad we get to have these conversations. VOTE FOR NETH"
You hear your mental voice echo, "for execution!
[Empaths' Guild, Infirmary]
Lifeguard Netherlich just arrived.
Netherlich smiles.
Netherlich asks, "Execution eh?"
You nod to Netherlich.
Netherlich says to you, "Im wondering if you really mean that."
You say, "Let me ponder on it."
You ponder.
You exclaim, "Yep!"
Fellow Empath says, "Maybe if you put in a juicy bribe, he might change his mind."
Netherlich cackles insanely, wild-eyed and drooling.
You say to Netherlich, "You're slobbering on yourself."
Netherlich says, "You guys are bottom rung no namers. Im not gonna waste bribes."
You say, "Rather be unpopular than the village idiot."
Netherlich inhales sharply, then violently spits a bolt of churning flame toward you!
You block the blazing spittle with your shield.
Netherlich says, "Stupid shields."
You chuckle.
Netherlich gets a razor-edged dueling iltesh from inside his weapon harness.
The wailing of lost souls accompanies your preparations of the Lethargy spell.
Netherlich begins to advance on you!
Netherlich advances from nearby and is closing steadily.
You move into a position to dodge.
[You're energetic, off balance with opponent in better position.]
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Netherlich closes to melee range on you!
You gesture at Netherlich.
Red tendrils shoot from your fingertips and arc towards Netherlich, wrapping themselves around his limbs.
Roundtime: 5 seconds
The wailing of lost souls accompanies your preparations of the Guardian Spirit spell.
* Driving in with naturally fluid movements, Netherlich steps backward and then jabs at you. You dodge, stepping aside.
[You're energetic, solidly balanced and in very strong position.]
* Driving in like an adept combatant, Netherlich sweeps a razor-edged dueling iltesh at you. You dodge, ducking in the nick of time.
[You're energetic, solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
You gesture.
Your heart skips a beat as your spell sends a subtle jingling call outward from you in all directions.
* With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Netherlich slices a razor-edged dueling iltesh at you. You dodge, barely twisting out of a tight spot.
[You're energetic, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.
The alfar avenger begins to advance on Netherlich.
The wailing of lost souls accompanies your preparations of the Heart Link spell.
Netherlich snickers.
Netherlich retreats from you.
Netherlich retreats from you.
You link your heart's rhythm to Netherlich, and feel his heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
The alfar avenger begins to advance on Netherlich.
Netherlich says, "I can only take so much."
The wailing of lost souls accompanies your preparations of the Nissa's Binding spell.
Other Fellow Empath asks, "Was that guy just attacking an empath?"
You begin to advance on Netherlich.
Lifeguard Netherlich goes east.
I tried to give chase, but lost him. Only wasted a few minutes looking then went back to the guild.
You say, "Well he's taking a nap. Maybe he'll cool off."
You say, "Doesn't hesitate to attack an empath, but won't stay to fight one."
Anotehr Fellow Empath says, "That's why i blinked when he ran off."
Yet Another Empath says, "That's pretty pathetic."
A pure white alfar avenger sniffs the air curiously.
Netherlich inhales sharply, then violently spits a bolt of churning flame toward a pure white alfar avenger!
The incendiary spittle blasts a pure white alfar avenger in its right hand!
Netherlich inhales sharply, then violently spits a bolt of churning flame toward a pure white alfar avenger!
The incendiary spittle blasts a pure white alfar avenger in its head!
A pure white alfar avenger shrieks and licks its wounds, then gestures. Sparkling blue motes dart around it as it transforms into a deep cerulean butterfly that takes to the skies and flutters away.
You say, "Coward."
Netherlich says, "I hate shields."
Netherlich snickers.
Red tendrils shoot from your fingertips and arc towards Netherlich, wrapping themselves around his limbs.
Roundtime: 5 seconds
Netherlich says, "Oh come one."
You say, "Hate that too."
Then I went to pay off a debt and when I came back..
Netherlich gestures at you.
A sheet of slippery ice forms beneath you!
You barely manage to stay on your feet on the treacherous ice.
Netherlich says, "Dammit."
Netherlich giggles.
Icy blue frost suddenly crackles up Netherlich's arms with the uttering of several cold words!
You ask, "Neede another nap?"
Netherlich gestures at you.
A huge ball of flame flies at you!
You manage to get out of the way!
Netherlich says, "Fine.
Netherlich says, "I give up."
Netherlich says, "You win."

Poor Alfar Avenger! I almost learned your name before you ran off! We raise our glasses to you.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 07:13 AM CDT
Wow Netherlich IS the punk everyone says he is. I think he is profile closed too.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 08:00 AM CDT
Can't wait until shock gets rewritten, I want to see Empaths kicking some serious butt especially with losers like this. No offense, Netherlich.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 10:09 AM CDT
I see how it is, Yaz, waiting until I'm gone to have all the fun...

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
(REALLY JUST DEAD)
(With a stump where the head should be.)
Netherlich
For Crimes of Intolerable Snertyness

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 11:05 AM CDT
After you left, he stayed behind to pick on two weaker empaths and tried to start a fight with them too.

Yazegi, you were fantastic, by the way. I loved how Netherlich came to start a fight with you, but ended up running away like a whiny puppy with his tail tucked between his legs.
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 01:29 PM CDT
<3 yazegi

you are my empathic hero of the moment
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 04:00 PM CDT
Why isn't Netherlich locked open?

Name: Netherlich Bloodspire
Spouse: Uninterested
Roleplay Stance: None
PvP Stance: Guarded
Quote: "Born To Kill"

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 04:18 PM CDT
You'd think with how mouthy he always is that he would be. I try to avoid rooms he's in so I don't know how often he attacks people or if he just likes attacking empaths because he thinks they're all easy prey.

Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 08:11 PM CDT
Granted, I've only had one day of encountering Netherlich, but his MO seems to be to make obnoxious remarks on the gweth and then hunt down the people who respond negatively to his comments.

Then he tries to bait them into giving him an excuse to kill them if he believes they are weaker. Which is fairly easy to do, since most people don't like to keep quiet in the face of such arrogance. :)

And baiting is EXACTLY how I would describe it as one of the empaths in the infirmary (who had not participated in the gweth conversation) was targeted by Netherlich just for making a joking comment at Netherlich's expense in the infirmary after he had run from Yazegi's NB.

And this was after Yazegi had left.

As for my character, I fully accept the consequences of whatever I may have said. It was just so hard NOT to say something after all the ridiculous things he said on the gweth. I just refuse to treat Netherlich any differently than I would from any other regular person, merely because I know that Netherlich is the type to resort to physical attacks when he doesn't like what someone's saying to him...

But I hardly think that other empath deserved the attention he received from Netherlich.

Definitely not someone who I would consider to have a guarded stance towards others, considering the way he acts.

Pam, player of Belethe.
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 09:35 PM CDT
I'd have to agree with that statement. He baits people on gweth into saying things he doesn't like then looks for the 'easy target' like poor helpless Yazegi. Of all the people that commented on gweths he of course picked the empath to go after. The way he goes about things definitely doesn't seem to me to warrant a guarded profile. Open sesame?

Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 10:13 PM CDT
It doesn't really bother me what profile he's on. I just don't think he's a truly "guarded" type person. Haha.

Given his personality, I suspect there's a lot of people champing at the bit to get to him if he's open. While I may not like his attitude in-game. I don't think he deserves the kind of lynching I suspect he might be a target of.

It's just not fun to log on in-game to know that people are just waiting for you to log on to kill you.

I guess I'm soft-hearted. :(

Pam
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 10:18 PM CDT
>I guess I'm soft-hearted. :(

Ahh.. so you're new to the guild!

Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 10:26 PM CDT
I will continue to point out his ignorance and idiocy on the gweth as he presents them...I assume I'm pretty high on his baiting list, but I doubt I'd be able to defend myself against him yet...though I don't know since I don't know what his skill level is.
Re: Show down in the healerie 08/15/2010 10:39 PM CDT
Err, I guess you could say I'm new...

[insert dramatic music]

In a previous life, she was Illeya, prydaen empath! But after a 4 year absence in the deep, mystic mountains somewhere northish, she returned to see what a hideous mistake that was and her sad tortured soul splintered into two and one piece was reborn into a young Human baby.

She had been tossed into the gutters of Crossing, abandoned by a young socialite mother who never knew who the father was. This utterly adorable Human baby was discovered by a group of young, teenaged urchins who took her in and raised her the best that young ruffians could at the time.

Despite the rough care, she was cared for and raised with some affection. She grew up to discover that she had a gift of healing, which turned out to be very useful for these group of ruffians who were constantly in one form of trouble or another!

She joined the Empaths' Guild with little to no fanfare. A nosy little thing with a tendency towards larceny, she lives a life of leisure in a lovely little riverstone villa which she obtained through...means that she does not disclose.

[crescendo!...and fin.]

Well, that's my story for starting Belethe. Not sure if I'll have a chance to display any part of this story in-game though.

I used to spend much of my time in Ratha before. So I guess I didn't have time to develop the hardness that may be a part of the Crossing life?

I wonder how my new empath will develop now that she's made a life in Crossing. Hmm...