Today in the realms... 07/10/2010 09:38 PM CDT
Shocked Empath whispers, "Mind healing some shock for me? I was playing around with spells and didn't know Arc Light would cause shock...."

Shocked Empath just touched Shocked Empath's friend.
Shocked Empath looks pained.
Shocked Empath sighs.

Bystander asks, "How does shock healing work?"
Bystander takes on a studious look.

Shocked Empath says, "I believe once you take it from an Empath you heal it like normal nerve damage."

You say, "You can't heal shock."

Shocked Empath asks, "Then how the hell am I supposed to fix this junk?"

You snicker.
You say, "It wears off depending on what you did."
You ask, "Did you kill someone?"

Shocked Empath says, "Cast Arc Light on my friend, or tried to."
Shocked Empath says, "Didn't know that'd cause shock."

You ask, "Just tried?"
You ask, "Didn't make contact?"

Shocked Empath's friend says, "Aye, my resistance got him."

You say, "Good. Then the shock won't last too long."

Shocked Empath shrugs.

Shocked Empath just touched Shocked Empath's friend.
Shocked Empath looks pained.
Shocked Empath kicks Shocked Empath's friend!

You say, "I know of someone that killed someone and they have been in shock for several years."
You say, "YEARS."

Shocked Empath says, "Forget that."

You say, "If you just casted a spell that was resisted, you'll be fine."

Shocked Empath says, "If I'm in shock for a couple anlaen, I'm gonna be angry."

You pat Shocked Empath on the back.
You say, "Oh, well, you're gonna be angry."

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/10/2010 09:41 PM CDT
Yup, he's gonna be angry.

Doryaa took a few doses of shock from Gromnir. She spent those weeks working survivals since she couldn't heal. It wasn't a total waste. :)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Today in the realms... 07/11/2010 03:40 PM CDT
ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Today in the realms... 07/11/2010 04:48 PM CDT
I wouldn't exactly say they'll be fine. Hit or miss you get shock. Given what they did and if they only did it once it should be gone within 3 hours or less of playing time absent someone sharing it. At that level of shock the time reduces in half with each sharing based on time tests I've done. Other than reduction from sharing only time "heals" shock.

Asbhuan
Re: Today in the realms... 07/11/2010 06:00 PM CDT
Arc light rune... that is exactly how I lost my shock scar.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Today in the realms... 07/12/2010 08:50 PM CDT
Arc light is a pretty silly way to get shock. I mean, I guess it can cause minor eye damage, but still.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/12/2010 11:20 PM CDT
Arc light should just go away. Roll the functionality into gar zeng and give it a certain cast syntax to use it. Like: cast eyes (not cast right eye or left eye, that would be regular gar zeng).
Re: Today in the realms... 07/12/2010 11:21 PM CDT
But yes, it's a silly way to receive shock. Remember, it's like a camera flash! It shouldn't disorient you as much on successive casts...

Camera flashes don't hurt people, much.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/12/2010 11:45 PM CDT
I have sensitive eyes. I can barely keep them open if I know a flash is coming.

On a thread related note..
I believe I saw a red post that stated the reason it causes shock is because of its potential to set people on fire who are soaked with naphtha.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Today in the realms... 07/13/2010 10:20 AM CDT
>I believe I saw a red post that stated the reason it causes shock is because of its potential to set people on fire who are soaked with naphtha.

Which would be amazing to have.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/13/2010 11:29 PM CDT
Wounded hunter asks, "Anyone here got the healin touch?"

My new favorite empath grumpily says to wounded hunter, "As a member of the Professional Healer Association, I can heal you for 964 Lirum."

My new favorite empath grumpily says to wounded hunter, "Let me know if you agree to the charges, thank you."

Pretty lady asks my new favorite empath, "You get transfer that way?"

My new favorite empath grumpily asks, "Transfer?"

Pretty lady says, "Yeah your empath experience."

Some dude says to pretty lady, "Yea, I suggest you don't get uppity about how he does his business."

Pretty lady asks, "Uppity?"

Pretty lady asks, "Asking a question is uppity?"

Pretty lady says, "I am simply curious."

My new favorite empath grumpily says, "Ah. I gain experience in healing if they agree to my fees, otherwise, I train in other ways."

Some dude asks my new favorite empath, "How often do others essentially pick a fight because you charge?"

Pretty lady says, "I dont give a damn what he does frankly."

My new favorite empath grumpily says, "There's usually someone every day that takes issue with my methods."

Pretty lady says, "I guess so. But I am not one to judge the choices of others."

My new favorite empath grumpily says, "It doesn't bother me at all. My fees are usually well below what most people would tip, but it allows me to focus on other things instead of sitting in one spot healing everyone."

You say to your new favorite empath, "You are my hero now."

You sit down.

You say, "As a member of the Professional Drunk Empaths, I can heal you for 9 platinum Lirum."

Re: Today in the realms... 07/13/2010 11:34 PM CDT
>>- Illcram The Evil Empath

Now you I like.

:D

Vashir: one day I will devise a weapon fueled by the tears of warrior mages
Vashir: it'll be unstoppable

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcszxzpn_22g3mtzcv

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Out_of_Character
Re: Today in the realms... 07/14/2010 01:43 AM CDT
I always like Illcram. Even when I don't like him.

:)
Re: Today in the realms... 07/14/2010 06:59 AM CDT
Being a member of the PHA does offer some FANTASTIC opportunities for roleplay. Just sayin'... Illcram the Evil Empath.... you are MY hero :o)

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Today in the realms... 07/14/2010 08:24 AM CDT
>>Being a member of the PHA does offer some FANTASTIC opportunities for roleplay. Just sayin'... Illcram the Evil Empath.... you are MY hero :o)

Were you the grumpy empath? When I was reading it I thought of you.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 12:10 PM CDT
>> Being a member of the PHA does offer some FANTASTIC opportunities for roleplay. Just sayin'... Illcram the Evil Empath.... you are MY hero :o)

There is a thread full of logs of people bitching about the PHA on our forum. I don't think a day's gone by where I've been actively healing that someone hasn't complained at me about it.

~ Trem

I'm sharpening my halo into forest thorns // I'm sanctifying pages in the protocols of war.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 12:21 PM CDT
Too bad none of the original 3 are all that active anymore. We made people cry and rant and rave and scream bloody murder...over 5 silver. I miss those days sometimes.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 02:07 PM CDT
What is the PHA?
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 02:11 PM CDT
>>What is the PHA?

Professional Healers Association

http://empathunion.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 04:48 PM CDT
i will never understand why people got all up in arms about paying less than they would have given anyway. i would say 90% of the time ( or more) people would be planning to tip more than the PHA empaths would be charging, but it still creates this huge issue... it is like people complaining when the tip is added to their bill in a restuarant, they were going to leave a tip anyway, what is the big deal?

if it were not for the orginal people that founded the PHA no one would have thought twice about it, and now it is just ingrained in peoples heads that it is a bad thing.

it is funny tho, my empath never takes payment for anything, and that causes almost the same amount of anger. i guess you can't make anyone happy.
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 04:57 PM CDT
>>i will never understand why people got all up in arms about paying less than they would have given anyway. i would say 90% of the time ( or more) people would be planning to tip more than the PHA empaths would be charging, but it still creates this huge issue... it is like people complaining when the tip is added to their bill in a restuarant, they were going to leave a tip anyway, what is the big deal?

I don't understand either but can we not start this discussion again please?
Re: Today in the realms... 07/21/2010 10:45 PM CDT
>PHA

heh...I don't think people have ever QQd for a year about the biggest ability/game nerf I can remember.

Szrael and some others start a harmless organization that is entirely optional both to join and to interact with and people are still whining over it 12+ months later. Good gravy. Shut it.

Oh and to stay on topic: Today in the realms, I healed someone. True story.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Today in the realms... 07/22/2010 02:52 AM CDT
I don't have any issue with empaths wanting to charge money. I do have issue with people insisting on ranting and raving long after the empath has healed the client, healed his* own self and gone on his* merry way.

*can also be her! :P

As for my empath's day, she hasn't been logged in recently while I try to revive my website. However, a few days ago, she went swimming and climbing and foraging and braiding stuff. She totally forgot to heal people. (It's a TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE, I tell you!!)

She found a brand new home by the beach in Crossing and spent about 110 plat on furniture (the cost of redecorating is steep! Holy heck...). Which is pointless really since no one will ever see it as it does not appear that house parties are not very in these days! :)
Re: Today in the realms... 07/31/2010 03:19 AM CDT
[Empaths' Guild, Infirmary]

Brave adventurer asks, "Anyone have a moment to do some healing?"

You say to brave adventurer, "You need to find the Empath guild."

Fellow empath laughs!

Brave adventurer asks, "Has it moved?"

Fellow empath laughs!
Fellow empath shakes his head at brave adventurer.

You say, "No, it is still where it has always been."

Brave adventurer exclaims, "Phew!"

Fellow empath laughs!

Brave adventurer goes east.

You laugh!
You say, "Works every time."