>exp emp

Circle: 43

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning
Empathy: 219 99.41% very muddled

Liisu Gunrencer, Bone Collector of M'Riss
Re: My first time 05/01/2006 02:18 PM CDT
What's your power perception at?
Re: My first time 05/01/2006 02:29 PM CDT
Sagess is right. I find power perception to be much more helpful in percieving health than empathy. (then again mine are fairly close so maybe i'm imagining it)
Re: My first time 05/01/2006 02:37 PM CDT
Must be PP because I've got 223 in empathy and haven't managed 2 rooms away yet. :(

~Sindea

Upon the fabric of this pristine apron is embroidered various wilted flowers. Written in fair script are the words, "This Empath likes to watch you die -- move on."
Re: My first time 05/01/2006 05:41 PM CDT
I think it might be a compound requirement, such as PP has to be above a certain number and empathy has to be above a certain number. In previous threads about this, it was shown that different empaths passed perc health threshholds at the same empathy rank.
Re: My first time 05/01/2006 09:12 PM CDT
What's the threshold for an empath 3 rooms away? I'm around 300 empathy and 250 power perception. am I close?!

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

Souv says, "Annael should have been commended for her knifing empaths"

A white-eyed snow goblin reaches Raudhan's severed arm over one shoulder and uses the limb's dead fingers to scratch its back.
Re: My first time 05/01/2006 09:58 PM CDT
Do you recall your skill ranks when you first started to get 2-room-aways? My guess is a combined 400 ranks, which would suggest a standard 200 ranks per room scale. This would mean that you basically only need another 50 combined ranks to get 3-room-aways and to do it often around 60-75 or so.

My only given, however, is 1-room-aways at a flat 200 combined ranks.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 08:11 AM CDT
I do not think it is PP.

Power Perceive: 156 95.22% muddled

Maybe it was luck or something?

Liisu Gunrencer, Bone Collector of M'Riss.
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 10:46 AM CDT
>What's the threshold for an empath 3 rooms away? I'm around 300 empathy and 250 power perception. am I close?!

That's the threshold I was referring to, actually. I started seeing empaths three rooms away at precisely 340 ranks of empathy, and somewhere around 280 PP. BTW once I passed that number I sensed empaths three rooms away 100% of the time (or at least it seemed so--there aren't always empaths three rooms away, natch). Soon after I posted about that, someone else chimed in that they too had first sensed empaths three rooms away at exactly 340 ranks empathy as well.

I really don't think it's combined ranks (PP + E >= X), because that would make it considerably less likely that two empaths would reach the threshold at exactly the same ranks of empathy. Rather, I think you need to exceed minimums in each skill (PP>=X AND E>=Y).

Another point to bear in mind is that most empaths have magic skills well above req so most of us will see the change only when we rank in Empathy. It should also be harder to identify the PP threshold since by that point you've already passed it.
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 11:07 AM CDT
I think Farman is spot on with the double threshold of PP and Empathy.

~Purehand
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 12:43 PM CDT
With much less than 340 empathy, I can sense an empath three rooms away. Not sure about consistently, but I've done it, so the minimum for doing so is not 340 - may really just have been coincidence. PP less than 250 as well.

~Chris
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 12:53 PM CDT
>With much less than 340 empathy, I can sense an empath three rooms away. Not sure about consistently, but I've done it, so the minimum for doing so is not 340 - may really just have been coincidence. PP less than 250 as well.

Well, there goes that theory. Mind posting your skills?
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 12:57 PM CDT
BTW just so we all are on the same page... the room you are in is considered room zero, one room away is room one, etc.

You sense (N, E, NE) from your current position:
The presence of X, a fellow Empath.
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 01:02 PM CDT
> You sense (N, E, NE) from your current position:
>The presence of X, a fellow Empath.

show off. :(

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

Souv says, "Annael should have been commended for her knifing empaths"

A white-eyed snow goblin reaches Raudhan's severed arm over one shoulder and uses the limb's dead fingers to scratch its back.
Re: My first time 05/02/2006 04:06 PM CDT
340 + 280 = 620, which is roughly matching what I've said about needing more ranks to actually notice you've gotten the ability. I would guess that the other empath had at least as much PP as you did, too.

>>With much less than 340 empathy, I can sense an empath three rooms away. Not sure about consistently, but I've done it, so the minimum for doing so is not 340 - may really just have been coincidence. PP less than 250 as well.

Who wants to wager that Chris has unusually high stats (perhaps discipline)?

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 11:18 AM CDT
<<Who wants to wager that Chris has unusually high stats (perhaps discipline)?>>

I keep all my stats pretty even. About 30 right now. Discipline in the lead with 34. I wouldn't call that unusually high, since I know there are empaths that don't train all of their stats, but I suppose it could be considered on the higher side.

I think I started noticing empaths 3 rooms away right around a combined 550 in empathy and PP. Not positive, but I think it was around there.

~Chris
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 11:37 AM CDT
I'm pretty sure it's a combination of PP and Empathy. It's also hard to test because there might not always be an empath to sense that is three rooms away. You might have been able to sense them earlier, they were just never around.

I'll go with the 200 combined for one room away

I didn't know that PP affected it when I wrote down some of my stats...but when I had 170 in Empathy I first sensed a non-empath 1 room away.

Sensed empath 2 rooms away with 223 Empathy and 167 PP. Which is 390 total ranks...so maybe it doesn't go up exactly 200 total ranks each time. Maybe a certain stat has something to do with it?

~Ahri
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 04:25 PM CDT
>I keep all my stats pretty even. About 30 right now. Discipline in the lead with 34. I wouldn't call that unusually high, since I know there are empaths that don't train all of their stats, but I suppose it could be considered on the higher side.

>I think I started noticing empaths 3 rooms away right around a combined 550 in empathy and PP. Not positive, but I think it was around there.

>~Chris

So your Empathy is currently still below 340, and your PP is currently still below 250? And you can sense three rooms away right now?
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 04:31 PM CDT
<<So your Empathy is currently still below 340, and your PP is currently still below 250? And you can sense three rooms away right now?>>

Yes.

~Chris
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 05:40 PM CDT
I found this in my gap-filled semi-worthless and untested pile of notes.

3 Rooms Away:
Empaths at about 300 Empathy/PP average (350 emp, 250pp)
NPC regularly at about 320-325 (372emp, 277pp)*

4 rooms away:
Empaths at 450 empathy, 337 PP *
NPC at 459 empathy, 345 pp *

* exact ranks.

~Purehand
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 06:06 PM CDT
While we're on the topic of perceive health, someone want to tell me approximate ranks for when it'll become reliable for perceiving NPCs and the like?

My prime Empath was already good enough to use it reliably when it was released, and I'm trying to train up a little Empath in plat. Empathy ranks are hard to come by, and right now (with 22 Empathy and 35 Power Perception) I can very rarely perceive other Empaths in the same room. I'd like to know how far I have to go and how hard I should be training PP, if anyone knows. :)
Re: My first time 05/03/2006 09:04 PM CDT
Plat has lower reqs for shift and stuff, are skills and skill-based abilities identical between Plat and Prime or are exceptions made there as well?

In Prime, You are looking at at least 50/50 for NPCs, possibly a little more.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: My first time 05/04/2006 01:05 AM CDT
For what it's worth...

At 87 PP and 117 Empathy, I am still only rarely perceiving empaths in the next room. I get the more/less mana in the adjoining rooms message most of the time, and the attunement disruption message on occasion. I first started noticing 1 room aways around 84 PP and mana levels around 73 PP (didn't notice empathy, but it was between 110-115).

If I had to guess, I'd say I get 1 room away 10%, mana levels 80%, and disruption about 40% of the time that I perc heal. This is only counting room aways when I know there's an empath over there. I'm not a stat keeper, though...
Re: My first time 05/04/2006 01:27 AM CDT
>>Plat has lower reqs for shift and stuff, are skills and skill-based abilities identical between Plat and Prime or are exceptions made there as well?

just shift. I cannot think of any other skill or ability that differs from prime in this respect (in any guild), and the base requirements I believe are the same in both instances, just the spectrum of what one can shift is greatly accelerated. Im sure this would change if shift were more then for just simple cosmetics.

Got Body Parts?