Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/11/2005 08:21 PM CDT
And that's 50 overhealings. Thank you to everyone who made this possible, especially Conaniah, who healed me and Ouchieva who raised me yet again so I can continue in my quest of medical ineptitude.

You stop teaching.
* Purehand was just struck down!
Your plain origami gryphon falls to the ground.

The translucent sphere around you suddenly pops like a soap bubble.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 438 minutes.
You shudder from the unbearable pain in your back, tears streaming down your face.
You sense that you have finished transferring half of Stellarmoon's original back injury.
You feel a swirling sensation as the world takes on a slightly different appearance. It is as if a great struggle has ended and you now rest in peaceful repose contemplating your release from the fight.

>cast back
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

>'bah
You say, "bah"

~Purehand
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/11/2005 09:39 PM CDT
Its ok Purehand..nothing beat mine last night of dying for absolutely no reason in the middle of the garden, in the middle of healing myself.

Go Villya for the first ever overheal while healing herself!

~Villya

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
--Albert Einstein
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/11/2005 11:42 PM CDT
<<Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 438 minutes.>>

Nice depart time, PH. Go charisma!

~Laril
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 04:25 AM CDT
I'm so confused Villya, what happened? Spirit drain?

Backfired and perceived health so much that your head and nerves exploded?

---
-Clemency
---
"Put your head up to my heart, hear me live and follow suit, this will all be over soon, it's gonna hurt a little." -Emberghost
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 07:45 AM CDT
I assume more like had a lot of chest scars, and then healed a harmful chest wound, pushing the scars past useless and causing death.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 08:50 AM CDT
>Its ok Purehand..nothing beat mine last night of dying for absolutely no reason in the middle of the garden, in the middle of healing myself.

Yeah, she was just humming and healing herself, petting the birds and rabbits that came to frolic at her feet. Then Thud, blood everywhere.

>Nice depart time, PH. Go charisma!

Thank you, I might run for office.

I'm Forgainst it. Vote for Purehand!

~Purehand
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 08:55 AM CDT
>Its ok Purehand..nothing beat mine last night of dying for absolutely no reason in the middle of the garden, in the middle of healing myself.

Yeah, I did this the other day. Had cleaned up this scorp hunter, was doing just fine, healing myself up. Like four bleeders, but nothing beyond bad and three were light. No biggie then boom, dead. I was too shocked to even swear. I hadn't even just cast a spell ... was waiting for more mana. Ultimately I figured we now get random chances of dying just like the hunters getting one-shot killed. <shrug> It's a challenge, right?
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 01:44 PM CDT

>>I assume more like had a lot of chest scars, and then healed a harmful chest wound, pushing the scars past useless and causing death.

No..I'm not that dumb Ahmir, but good assumption.

Nope I had maybe four bleeders, ranging from bad to light, my chest was fine, no scars, nothing piling up. I had just healed a deader for a Raise and was healing in the garden, and I went into death shock and then died a second later. I have absolutely NO CLUE how I died. I checked my Vitality, it was low but not at death levels, my bleeding was fine, no disease, ect. I was too shocked as well, but there was A WHOLE LOT of swearing comming from me. I had done absolutely everything in my power to MAKE SURE I didn't die, and I died anyway for really no just reason. I guess I just get to randomly die

>>Yeah, she was just humming and healing herself, petting the birds and rabbits that came to frolic at her feet. Then Thud, blood everywhere.

He's lying cause he was petting the rabbits and feeding the birds..he just didn't want anyone to know it.

~Villya

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
--Albert Einstein
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 02:12 PM CDT
Your vitality actually shoots up about 10% when you enter unconsciousness, this could skew the view.

There is no way to heal a wound and push it over into a lethal scar, at least not while self-healing. I've tried healing wound after wound with EWH while having a nearly non-existent chest and I never seemed to die.

---
-Clemency
---
"Put your head up to my heart, hear me live and follow suit, this will all be over soon, it's gonna hurt a little." -Emberghost
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 03:00 PM CDT
>There is no way to heal a wound and push it over into a lethal scar, at least not while self-healing. I've tried healing wound after wound with EWH while having a nearly non-existent chest and I never seemed to die.

I have done it.

"Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music." -George Carlin

Rapidonia, player of.
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 03:29 PM CDT
>>Your vitality actually shoots up about 10% when you enter unconsciousness, this could skew the view.<<

My vitality was at about 30% lost at the time of my death, it made absolutely no sense, and even if it was a vitality death I would have been unconscious for a little while longer then what I was. Purehand saw how fast I went down, it was in a matter of seconds.

~Villya

--Albert Einstein
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 04:13 PM CDT
You didn't maybe get one of those traveling diseases did you? With a low level of vitality to begin with it maybe could have killed you without benefit of any messaging.

Didn't we have some sort of similar bug when the plagues were introduced?

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 05:50 PM CDT
It could've just been bad timing. I once had critical+++++ poison tested on me from the infamous Wordachy. The poison pulsed once, dropping me to 1% vitality, I was knocked unconscious with an extreme bleeder, and in less than 1/10ths of a second following unconsciousness, the bleeding pulsed and I died.

It was quite a surprise. Luckily, he tipped me extremely well for the trouble he caused me, and all was well.

---
-Clemency
---
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 06:22 PM CDT
<<No..I'm not that dumb Ahmir, but good assumption.>>

Doesn't take being dumb to do that, just takes a minor accidental oversight. Which is essentially what causes all overhealing deaths.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 06:56 PM CDT
The thing is I didn't have anything wrong with me. No disease, no poison, no major loss of vitality, no stacking scars. NOTHING that should have killed me, and infact I took every precaution not to get killed and was almost done healing when I dropped.

~Villya

--Albert Einstein
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 07:10 PM CDT
Sounds like instead of a ghost roundtime you got a ghost death. Oh well, yay for favors.

---
-Clemency
---
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 10:22 PM CDT
I've self-healed myself to death more than a couple times... even before disease was introduced. It's a pretty well known fact that healing an injury (especially severe) leaves a small scar

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 10:57 PM CDT
>I assume more like had a lot of chest scars, and then healed a harmful chest wound, pushing the scars past useless and causing death.

I have always thought this kind of death was a myth.

Starting out with 'a severely scarred, mangled and malformed chest area'. I had my brother wail on my chest with a scimitar, bringing it anywhere from 'deep slashes' to 'shattered chest area with gaping holes, 23 times. After healing it for the 23rd time, it finally got to 'mostly non-existent chest area filled with ugly chunks of scarred flesh' which is of the 'useless' severity.

Villya and Renala confirmed that my internal scar was at very damaging at that point

Then I went to work on the internal scar with a war mattock. This brought the internal from anywhere from severely swollen and bruised to ribs protruding and whatnot, including deep cuts/slashes on the outside, another 30 times. So I got the internal scar to devastating and healed over the already useless external scar 30 times.

Unfortunately the experiment got derailed:

****** bashes a war mattock at you. You attempt to dodge. The mattock lands an extremely heavy hit that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
* Purehand was just struck down! (444 minutes this time woot!)

I only got to very devastating on the internal as far as I know. The challenge expired without me noticing it and my chest blew up.

At this point I'm kind of skeptical about the entire 'healing a wound over a scar, creating a death scar' theory. I've never had it happen to me. Including having my chest start out with mangled scarring and destroying it 50 times and healing over it.

I do, however, believe that the keebler fudge factory is the factory I'd most like to work in.

~Purehand
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 11:07 PM CDT
Yeah heh I've seen a couple empaths wandering around with useless level scars. I figured that's how they did it but I was never sure. Guess that answers that question.

Rev. Reene, player of a few
"Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie." - Mae West
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/12/2005 11:47 PM CDT
Though it need not be said, I might as well validate.

Purehand's methods and results seem quite indisputable.

Yamcer(said): "do a little studying you'll find far more eye gouging and crotch kicking than you realize."
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/13/2005 01:03 AM CDT
only problem I could possibly see in the test is that he was in a challenge situation at the time the 'death level' scars were created... interesting to say the least. I've always tried to be wary of the scarring from healing. test it with an extremely acid box maybe?

Sete

Got Body Parts?
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/13/2005 08:32 AM CDT
Interesting point. I hadn't thought of that. I received the wounds in challenge, but the challenge timed out quite a few times, I hung out in the empath guild for a bit and bought some stuff. I was definitely walking around with useless scars, but i'm not sure if I healed over them outside of the challenge. I still have the scars, perhaps my chest can be destroyed a few more times outside of a challenge to check it out.

~Purehand
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/13/2005 09:34 AM CDT
Some scars are VERY sneaky- as the rest of you know. ;)

Once I had taken a bunch of head wounds and healed them down. However, I still had scars. Still, it didn't look that bad- until I tried to heal just one more very minor scratch and my head disintegrated. Talk about embarrassing! Needless to say, I'm very careful to clean out scars now!

Doryaa

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/13/2005 09:36 AM CDT
>Some scars are VERY sneaky- as the rest of you know.

But if you're not casting anything, just sitting there, you shouldn't die from a scar. They don't change like that. Same with wounds. They don't change unless you are actively transferring wounds, have something damaging you or are healing them.

I just figured this is a new challenge, like the dying state thing.
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/13/2005 09:28 PM CDT
regen and herbs are a good way to die that way and you would just be "sitting around"

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/13/2005 11:46 PM CDT
I really..truely..honestly..dislike you.

~Villya

--Albert Einstein
Re: Thank you, thank you.. no you're too kind. 10/14/2005 08:14 AM CDT
>regen and herbs are a good way to die that way

Wasn't using those, either.