Suggestions 05/18/2018 05:58 PM CDT
1. The Empath Garden is currently open to Pvp. Close that. People come in to be healed not to get killed.
2. Constanze. It used to be a room where empaths took a break to heal themselves and be "off duty". Now it's Constanze's sitting room. Someone gets out of line we have to walk in and ask her to for removal of an individual. Usually, people KNOW they are about to get called out and jump out of the guild before Constanze can come. (Lather, rinse, repeat). Have it so empaths can ask from whatever room of the guild they are in. We can sense her, we know where she is.
3. Constanze can also be used by younger empaths to help heal them of scars, giving her a reason to be there other than knitting and being called on.
4. Make the room Constanze occupies one where you can't just hang around in unless you are there as a young empath getting healed, or actively healing yourself. After a few minutes Constanze glares at you and says "You are fine, come back if you have questions or need my help" and boots you out. If you keep going back in. She locks you out for bit.

~~If you can't live without me why aren't you dead yet?~~
Re: Suggestions 05/18/2018 08:21 PM CDT
I second these suggestions.

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guide

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladder
Re: Suggestions 05/18/2018 09:06 PM CDT
I don't second them. I don't think the garden area was meant to be the main empath healing area, except during an invasion for triage. The infirmary should be the main healing area and I believe more needs to be done to make that so rather than making it easier to stay in the garden area.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game
Re: Suggestions 05/18/2018 09:21 PM CDT
>>Godking: I don't second them. I don't think the garden area was meant to be the main empath healing area, except during an invasion for triage. The infirmary should be the main healing area and I believe more needs to be done to make that so rather than making it easier to stay in the garden area.

How does that apply to suggestions 2-4, which deal with Constanze and the removal mechanics (rather than the garden specifically)?

I'm not opposed to encouraging Empaths to use the Infirmary. However, I think the way we interact with Constanze could use improvement regardless of which room in the guild ends up being the main healing room.

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guide

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladder
Re: Suggestions 05/19/2018 09:47 AM CDT
>> I don't think the garden area was meant to be the main empath healing area, except during an invasion for triage.<<

Actually, we have a whole triage downstairs for invasions. Not to mention a huge triage area in the temple that was used mainly during the Elpalzi raids. The triage down the stairs is supposed to have "wards" up around it as well so we don't get attacked. Somehow that never stopped us from getting bombed on occasion, so perhaps we should focus on how those wards need to be up and running. That could also be a good RP tool. The empaths questioning why we don't have our triage area guarded, since Constanze took away our Togs.

Re: Suggestions 05/19/2018 09:52 AM CDT
[The Healerie, The Blue Area]
Thick blue moss and lichen covering the floor absorb the water that falls from the ceiling of this enormous chamber as well as the blood from the many wounded who come here. A vast forest of stone stalactites stretches from the ceiling above, the largest as big as great trees and bearing strange crystal orbs like fruit. The orbs shed a strong bluish light that provides adequate illumination for healing. A silver plaque has been set into the floor near the middle of this area.
You also see some large swinging doors leading out of the Healerie.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, east.

>
Mapped exits: go swinging doors

> read plaque
An engraved silver plaque reads:
Established by Order of the Prince of Zoluren after the Time of War with the Gorbesh people, this Healerie is hereby Declared a Haven for the People of The Crossing and Surrounding Areas, within which They may seek Shelter and Healing. "For So Long as the Orbs do Shine Above, May no Harm be done in Their Light."
>

Re: Suggestions 05/19/2018 10:38 AM CDT
>>"For So Long as the Orbs do Shine Above, May no Harm be done in Their Light."<<

So do the orbs shine?

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game
Re: Suggestions 05/19/2018 11:28 AM CDT
>So do the orbs shine?

Gorbesh battle spheres have a way of lighting up the room like few other, they're the real bell of the ball.
Re: Suggestions 05/19/2018 02:14 PM CDT
1 & 2 I wont comment on, when I run my empaths (youngins or middlins) I dont sit in the guild anymore. Not like we used to in the old days, getting attacked in there is not fun IMHO, others may enjoy it, I do not regardless of guild.

3- Sort of agree but now that we can choose 2, 3 or 4 spells when we first guild up, in a way I dont see the need for this anymore. Back in the 00's I might have when you had to run multi spells/casts toheal say ext right arm, inter right arm, ext right arm scar, inter right arm scar. Now its just cast right arm hw, right arm hs.

4- Completely disagree with this, this is the sitting room for when empaths want to get away from others. It used to be a socializing room, when if you want to heal up away from folks shouting for healing, you'd go there. I guess times have changed & no one goes in there to just sit & socialize, maybe teach. It also used to be used as a safe room to drain skills, I guess no more.
But I absolutely disagree with making it so she boots folks out if they are just sitting there, but thats just my opinion.
Re: Suggestions 05/19/2018 06:00 PM CDT
The "sitting room" hasn't been used for being social or healing up while learning in YEARS. Now, it's a safe haven for empaths to spy on which empath comes in to speak to Constanze, then tell their friends who had them kicked out of the guild (or even tried to have them kicked out and failed because person left to avoid being kicked out)so that Empath can then be fully targeted for it. By means of other players using the Compel Spell on them, dragging them, or just out right harassing them until leaving or reporting has become the only option. It's really just another way for people to find a way to be jerks to one another. Which is sad, considering what you said ... I also remember the days long past where we would tap out of healing go in there heal ourselves, eat off the cart learn... then go back out for more healing.

Re: Suggestions 05/20/2018 06:35 PM CDT
Yup, as I said in my post I havent had a empath character sit in the Xing guild in ages, I dont appreciate having folks dropping critters in there, but thats me. I'm sure others dont care, which is their choice. I had stepped away from DR for quite a few years, just returned last fall-ish so its been RL years for me.

But as to the spying, as I've never done the report to Constanze, & not sure if its possible or not but couldnt the speaking to her be made "private" as in only the character interacting with her see it?
If I choose to stand a character in there, draining its skills, & say janesmane comes in to speak to Constanze, I wont see it if its made "private".

GMs, is that even an option? It might help cut down certain players who like harassing others which I've seen IG on both gweths & in passing by has upswinged.
Re: Suggestions 05/21/2018 11:21 AM CDT
>>But as to the spying, as I've never done the report to Constanze, & not sure if its possible or not but couldnt the speaking to her be made "private" as in only the character interacting with her see it?
>>If I choose to stand a character in there, draining its skills, & say janesmane comes in to speak to Constanze, I wont see it if its made "private".

It would still be incredibly obvious when an empath walks in and right back out at the same time as someone being removed.

There is one empath that has spent months sitting in that room afk scripting and monitoring the place, removing people that her husband wants to mess with and reporting to him (although it's generally him playing her) when someone removes one of his characters. This should probably be dealt with on a one off basis.
Re: Suggestions 05/21/2018 05:59 PM CDT
Is this the same person who controls all the AFK bots through lichnet?

I'm sorry, but weren't you the person dead set on how everyone who uses lich totally AFK bots and that's the only reason to do it because lich auto-updates all the scripts for everyone (etc.)?
Re: Suggestions 05/21/2018 08:35 PM CDT
Well, then change your habit of walking in then right back out, heck if I stopped & stood there for say 30 secs along with others then how could this person say you actively were the one that "reported" to Constanze?

Or, put in a slight delay between the report to her & the removal.

Funny, you say they've been in there for months? Since I've been back, maybe 3/4 of a year now, I've had some of my empaths go in there, turn around & walk out. Never saw another person in there, & this was with baby to low-mid level empaths. Maybe its been during their off times or they were hiding. (shrugs)

And yeah, I agree about the person scripting then using OOG mechs to harass another, that crosses a line in my book. Something like that should be handled by GM staff IMHO, not players.
Re: Suggestions 05/23/2018 10:56 AM CDT
>>Is this the same person who controls all the AFK bots through lichnet?

No that's Gallifreius, Msaia and Sarvatt

If you play an empath all you have to do is walk in that room and you'll find a Barazza waiting to mech abuse the heck out of Constanze.