New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/03/2011 06:34 AM CST
Hello!

Today, I have released four new empath renown scrolls. These will be in the P1, P3, P4 and P5 guildhalls.

The new scrolls are split thusly:

P1: empathy
P3: scholarly pursuits
P4: empathic survivalism
P5: offensive skills

The exact skills tracked will remain a mystery for the time being.

The P2 scroll will be released after X3 is released. It will have to do with defensive combat skills. I will probably make a second P4 scroll as well, at that point, having to do with magic skills. Since those skills are getting all changed around, I decided just to wait on those, as I'd likely just have to wipe them when the changes roll in anyway.

Please let me know if you have any questions or notice any bugginess! Special thanks to GM Raesh for helping me out with these. :]

-- Melete
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/03/2011 12:44 PM CST
Thanks, Melete!

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/03/2011 01:07 PM CST
Cool release, thank you!
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/03/2011 01:31 PM CST
Where in the Hibarnhvidar guildhall is the renown scroll? I looked around but cannot find it.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/03/2011 03:47 PM CST
Cool beans. Thanks Melete!

---
Inauri
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/03/2011 10:36 PM CST
>>Where in the Hibarnhvidar guildhall is the renown scroll? I looked around but cannot find it.

It's in the most appropriate spot I could find. I thought it might be interesting to encourage people to explore that guild, it's really neat and full of surprises. Rather than just plopping it in the GL's room.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/05/2011 11:48 AM CST
Neat. Out of curiosity, which guildhall is the P4 scoll in, Ratha or Aesry? Presumably the future second one would be in the other.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/05/2011 02:42 PM CST
The Qi scroll is on Aesry and the one in Hib is located in the empath housing area inside the guild.

A group of us was trying to narrow down what the "scholarly" one in Shard measured. Our best guess was scholarship, teaching, and appraisal. I ranked higher than a higher-circle empath with more teaching and scholarship. My appraisal was more than twice hers and our total ranks of those three were just a couple ranks apart. She out ranked me in mental stats as well, just in case those were taken into account. Still, there's plenty of uncertainty.

Does anyone know what "empathic survival" might entail? Foraging and FA?

-Nesra
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/05/2011 06:09 PM CST
>>Amwest: A group of us was trying to narrow down what the "scholarly" one in Shard measured.

1 Sakaya
2 Sarkranis
3 Draffaut
4 Nesra
5 Asrea
6 Katjia
7 Allye
8 Lale
9 Cleen

FWIW, my stats at this time:

Circle: 112
Intelligence: 50
Wisdom: 50

Vocals: 817
Empathy: 647
Teaching: 588
Scholarship: 587
Appraisal: 477
Mechanical Lore: 283
Animal Lore: 36
Percussions: 6
Total Ranks in the lore skillset: 3441

Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/05/2011 06:48 PM CST
Interesting Sark, I have more ranks in every skill & stat other than vocals, where you have me by over six hundred. My wager is it's overall lore, as you are 300 ranks ahead of me in that via that huge vocal talent.

Nesra if you don't mind contributing what is your overall lore? Mine is at 3144.
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/05/2011 07:09 PM CST
>>Asrea: Interesting Sark, I have more ranks in every skill & stat other than vocals, where you have me by over six hundred. My wager is it's overall lore, as you are 300 ranks ahead of me in that via that huge vocal talent.

If Vocals are included in the Shard scroll, those rankings may shift quite a bit after Experience 3.0 is released. (Vocals are not going to count toward Performance unless you're a Bard, and humming won't train Performance.)

Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/05/2011 10:49 PM CST
I've got 2616 overall lore ranks, so it can't be just that, since Asrea has me beat by more than 500 ranks. I wonder if it's based on an average of ranks per circle? Nesra is 94th (93rd when she tapped the scroll) which would give her ~28 lore ranks per circle.
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 12/24/2011 01:31 PM CST
>>DR-Melete: The exact skills tracked will remain a mystery for the time being.

Now that the new Empath renown scrolls have been out for a while, would you mind sharing which skills are tracked by each scroll? If the answer is still "not yet," when will this information be released?

Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/03/2012 11:22 AM CST
If it helps:

3 Draffaut

Circle: 79
Showing Lore skills that you have skill in.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Scholarship: 678 91% dabbling (1/34) Mechanical Lore: 419 06% attentive (10/34)
Appraisal: 293 15% clear (0/34) Teaching: 847 51% dabbling (1/34)
Animal Lore: 44 27% clear (0/34) Percussions: 20 84% clear (0/34)
Strings: 18 07% clear (0/34) Winds: 31 33% clear (0/34)
Vocals: 233 80% clear (0/34) Empathy: 438 96% clear (0/34)

Total Ranks Displayed: 3021
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/04/2012 02:37 AM CST
>>Now that the new Empath renown scrolls have been out for a while, would you mind sharing which skills are tracked by each scroll? If the answer is still "not yet," when will this information be released?

I'm inclined to wait until I can release the remaining scrolls.

Melete
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/04/2012 03:33 AM CST
How about a teaser on how the shock rewrite circa March 2009 is doing instead? We're demanding, it's terrible.
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/04/2012 07:49 AM CST
>>How about a teaser on how the shock rewrite circa March 2009 is doing instead? We're demanding, it's terrible.

It is out of QC and as complete as these things ever are, but it can't be released until the rest of the X3 stuff is complete. Most of those big systems are really entangled. Shock is tied up in all three of the X3 systems(or are there more? I forget!)

It probably still has some kinks to work out, which I hope to do with the help of the test server whenever that is possible.

Melete
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/04/2012 04:22 PM CST

>It probably still has some kinks to work out, which I hope to do with the help of the test server whenever that is possible.

Thanks Melete! Looking forward to it!
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/04/2012 09:31 PM CST
Oh man. I hope this will prompt test to be opened to all accounts because I would seriously love to go nuts with Inauri. <3<3<3

---
Inauri
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/22/2012 01:39 PM CST

Just a curious question...what are the P1, P3, P4 and P5 guildhalls?

Tevie Skambalsor
-Order of the Dragon Shield
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/22/2012 03:09 PM CST
P1 etc are the abbreviation for the order of release of the provinces.

P1 - Zoluren (Crossing)
P2 - Therengia (Riverhaven)
P3 - Ilithi (Shard)
P4 - Qi Islands (Aesry)
P5 - Forf (Hib)
Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/22/2012 03:18 PM CST
>>Yardsale: Just a curious question...what are the P1, P3, P4 and P5 guildhalls?

P1, P2, P3, P4, and P5 are OOC terms for the five available provinces. They are numbered in the order in which the provinces were released (or at least the later ones are).

The term "guildhall" just refers to the official location of any guild (where you can find a guildleader and learn new abilities).

P1: Zoluren
Empath Guildhall: Crossing

P2: Therengia
Empath Guildhall: Riverhaven

P3: Ilithi
Empath Guildhall: Shard (Stormwill Tower)

P4: Qi'Reshalia
Empath Guildhall: Ratha

P5: Forfedhdar
Empath Guildhall: Hibarnhvidar

Re: New Empath Renown Scrolls 01/23/2012 06:58 AM CST
To clarify P4, the Guildleader moves between the Ratha and Aesry Guildhalls.