Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 07:39 PM CST
I have rolled in a change that should increase the EXP gains you see from training empathy by healing.

The increase is sizable. The idea behind this boost is to make healing the hands-down best method for gaining Empathy EXP. My goal here is to allow an Empath who makes an effort at healing to both be able to mind-lock Empathy by healing without unusual circumstances such as tourneys or invasions, but further, to allow an Empath to train to circle solely by healing at a reasonable rate if they so choose.

The EXP is very generous, accordingly. Training Empathy via healing is different from almost every other type of training in the game. An Empath cannot simply go out and heal patients whenever they wish to -- they must find someone both willing and wounded in order to train. The EXP is set accordingly.

If something changes to make wounds more plentiful in the future, that may necessitate a decrease in healing EXP. But we can worry about that if and when it happens.

This has been in testing for weeks now, so hopefully the numbers are good, but I do reserve the right to downtweak it if things just seem out of hand.

Feedback is welcome!

Thanks,

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face

This message was originally posted in Guilds, Empath. To discuss the above follow the link below.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 07:41 PM CST
Thank you.

That sums it up for me. =)
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 07:53 PM CST
Haven't played with it yet, but just want to say You ROCK!! And thanks for listening to us.

Mordibar

>touch zombie
You gingerly touch an unctuous Rakash zombie. In your professional opinion, it isn't only merely dead, it's really most sincerely dead!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 08:09 PM CST
I think my empath might actually circle now.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 08:19 PM CST
That's awesome news, I can't wait to try it out. Now we just need healing opportunities to be slightly more plentiful than non-existent :/

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 09:11 PM CST
I just tested it and it's amazing! Thank you! I might actually get my empathy up to my other skills so I can circle again!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 09:47 PM CST
This is a big help, thank you!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 09:49 PM CST
As an empath who made circle 150 by doing extensive long amounts of powerwalking I would just like to say. Thank You Thank You Thank You. Sure I made it, but I think no empath should have to go through that to raise in circle. Thank you so much. I hope it does wonders for our guild. I hope it makes more empaths available for healing. Thanks Again. Really hope this benefits everyone.

Player of Frediwyn

PS
Did I remember to thank you, hope so, if not thanks alot and I love you guys!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 10:53 PM CST
Healed one person after this change and wow, thank you. My little empath might actually circle as well.

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/20/2011 11:45 PM CST
Thank you!!

Empathy: 1037 89% concentrating (9/34)

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 02:33 AM CST
Oh my god. Words cannot express the joy I felt reading that post.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 02:34 AM CST
woot, ty ty ty

--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Legeres
http://www.myspace.com/ledge_ear_us
http://legeres.deviantart.com
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 05:09 AM CST
>Empathy: 1037 89% concentrating (9/34)

I'm curious about the number and level of wounds you took. None of my Plat Empaths have that much skill to have tested that range.

For younger Empaths, how long is it taking to transfer bleeders and how fast, in terms of number or severity of wounds, are you locking?
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 08:22 AM CST
>Empathy: 1037 89% concentrating (9/34)

>>>>I'm curious about the number and level of wounds you took. None of my Plat Empaths have that much skill to have tested that range.

Actually that was just a handful of wounds with a couple of them being bleeders. That is the first time I think I have seen it above dabbling in the last 600 ranks!!

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 09:26 AM CST
I love you, Melete.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 12:21 PM CST
Awesome change.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 01:13 PM CST
Since hitting 150th, I hadn't been doing any power walking, but was still healing a few people every day as I ran into them and had the inclination, including triage during invasions.

Over the course of three months, I actually lost, in aggregate, 3/10th of a rank in empathy as my experience loss from casual dying actually overtook my experience gain from casual healing.

The years of healing prior to healthwalking was always a mad grab for patients, and the years after healthwalking was a grind of epic proportions.

Now it seems healing is right where it should be, as a more rewarding and sustainable source of experience. I think this change was 100% the right move, and a big thanks for making it.

Just for reference, and taking wounds quickly:

Starting EXP: Empathy: 910 11.31% perusing (2/34)

Wounds to the HEAD:
Fresh External: some moderately deep cuts about the head -- harmful
Wounds to the NECK:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the neck -- harmful
Wounds to the RIGHT ARM:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the right arm -- harmful
Wounds to the LEFT ARM:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the left arm -- harmful
Wounds to the RIGHT LEG:
Fresh External: deep slashes across the right leg -- very damaging
Fresh Internal: slightly tender -- negligible
Wounds to the LEFT LEG:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the left leg -- harmful
Wounds to the RIGHT HAND:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the right hand -- harmful
Fresh Internal: slightly tender -- insignificant
Wounds to the LEFT HAND:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the left hand -- harmful
Wounds to the CHEST:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the chest area -- harmful
Wounds to the ABDOMEN:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the abdomen -- harmful
Wounds to the BACK:
Fresh External: deep cuts across the back -- harmful
Wounds to the RIGHT EYE:
Fresh External: a bruised and swollen right eye -- harmful
Wounds to the LEFT EYE:
Fresh External: a bruised and swollen left eye -- harmful
Wounds to the SKIN:
Fresh External: a large skin rash -- harmful

Ending EXP: Empathy: 910 11.81% very rapt (31/34)

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 02:09 PM CST
Thanks just are not enough! Thanks to all that made this change happen.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 04:25 PM CST
Thank you so much Melete. It's a considerable grind powerwalking for multiple hours to train empathy. I haven't had a patient yet to try our the new model but from what everyone says I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I look forward to what's in our future if this is the first thing we get for a guild update.

Syllanthis
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 05:22 PM CST
Thank you!

~ Player of Lyathe / Saslisena
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/21/2011 06:20 PM CST
oooooooohhh smashytooth likes this almost as much as he likes eating soap.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/22/2011 01:39 AM CST
My empath happily circled today. Thank you so much for this!

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/22/2011 01:13 PM CST
Sonjaa and I trooped to Assassins yesterday to see how this would go. She healed me and simply said wow. She's not had wow moments concerning her guild in years. Thanks for delivering one.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 01/22/2011 03:08 PM CST
Now if only all the people would trust me to heal them again.

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 02/08/2011 09:58 AM CST
I just wanted to say I rolled an Empath on this account since I like healing and roleplaying Empaths (Masochist, I know) and while I usually couldn't stand starting out as a new empath, this new change has made it very very painless. The only thing that annoys me is that you cannot get ANY spells at circle 3 or 5. So after you get HW and HS, you're stuck until you get to circle 6 and can learn the other spells.

I don't understand why Refresh, Blood Staunch and Vitality Healing have a circle requirement.

- Terra
Re: Increase to Empathy EXP from Healing 02/14/2011 06:52 PM CST
I've finally had a legitimate patient, and I've got to agree that the healing experience is in pretty good shape now. Well done.

Thanks,
-Death's Nemesis Karthor