Guardian Spirit - Cast Custom 06/23/2020 03:22 PM CDT
I shall apologize ahead of time if this question has been answered, but I have sifted through many posts and thus far haven't found a solution.

I just got GS, which I love, btw.....however it's a slender warrior and slender is not my first choice.

I tried casting using cast custom....but maybe that is where I screwed up?

Am I forever stuck with either a random GS (when not casting "cast custom") or my slender one (when I "cast custom")?

In other words, is there any way I can cast something other than a slender warrior when I cast custom?

Ilviana

P.S. Love, love, love being an Empath! Should of tried this guild long before now.
Re: Guardian Spirit - Cast Custom 06/23/2020 07:53 PM CDT
I don't have a specific answer for Guardian Spirits aside from I think you'll have to hope for an alteration.

I do know that most things like this are tied to some character stat that you have no control over and cannot be changed. E.g. Warrior Mages cannot choose which random adjectives they get for their familiars although which ones you get do appear linked across the different familiars. I.e. if you get x color of gerbil you'll always get y color of lizard. Alterations are the only way for WMs to change this, Same for Moon Mages with their shadow servants. There's no control over which default adjective you get without an alteration. I think this is the same for GS where you'll be able to alter the look of your custom GS.
Re: Guardian Spirit - Cast Custom 06/24/2020 06:39 PM CDT
>>JUSTONEMOREFORNOW: Am I forever stuck with either a random GS (when not casting "cast custom") or my slender one (when I "cast custom")? In other words, is there any way I can cast something other than a slender warrior when I cast custom?

If you have an altered alfar warrior or have bought one of the customizations from a quest, CAST CUSTOM summons that.

If not, CAST CUSTOM will always summon the same warrior, and you're stuck with that one unless you just want to use CAST for a random alfar warrior.

GM Cordulia
Re: Guardian Spirit - Cast Custom 06/25/2020 04:23 PM CDT
>If you have an altered alfar warrior or have bought one of the customizations from a quest, CAST CUSTOM summons that.

>If not, CAST CUSTOM will always summon the same warrior, and you're stuck with that one unless you just want to use CAST for a random alfar warrior.

Well, dang. Not what I wanted to hear, but appreciate the answer.

Thank you so much!

Ilviana