Random Heart Link Idea 02/06/2018 11:36 AM CST
Heart Link was one of the spells that came up as needing some help when we did that top/bottom spells survey a little while back, and I just had a thought that might make it a little more useful. What if it were turned into a self-cast spell that applied the effects to anyone with whom you form a Persistent Link? That way you could deploy it more quickly in emergency cases where it might be needed (assuming you're prepared), and it might be a little less cumbersome to manage multiple simultaneous ones. The only downsides I can see are that you'd lose the ability to have it be remote (which doesn't really bother me, personally), and the minimum skill requirement for Persistent Link would maybe make it more advanced than it should be. The latter could possibly be resolved by having any diagnostic link trigger it, so the Persistent Link would just keep it active longer without having to keep re-touching (making it an enhancement rather than a requirement).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Random Heart Link Idea 02/06/2018 12:01 PM CST

I like your idea. I really like your idea of sharing our buffs via a spell/link.

Since I agree the spell needs work, here are some other suggestions if that doesn't pan out:

1. Make it a debilitation spell rather than a utility spell. You cast it on another, and they feel a synthetic empathic link. They can't see or transfer wounds, no skill in using it, but if they attack something then it has a chance of shocking them. 100 mana = 100% chance.

2. A vitality, fatigue, and concentration normalization spell. Think vigil. Remote healing, but it transfers something other than spirit.

3. Something you can cast on your guardian spirit to enhance it's stamina, reflex, and/or agility as well as make it attack more often. Maybe have it now contest your weapon skills and teach you the same.

4. A remote healing spell. Think seer's sense, but letting you "touch" them wherever they are.

5. A rift like spell. You "compel" someone to return to you if you have a link on them.

6. Or delving into the darker side, turn it into a TM spell. You attack and syphon their fatigue, concentration, and/or vitality.