Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells 12/07/2017 07:02 PM CST
>>DR-Melete: Additionally, HEAL is actually pretty smart now, about how it heals. The wound priority logic is completely different from before. I think HEAL would be pretty good in high-stress situations such as PvP, invasions (both as a hunter and a healer) etc., for that reason.

Will the new ritual Heal still support optional wound/scar syntax? Ideally, I would like to see the following syntax options for Heal:
• cast (default; heals worst wounds and scars)
• cast external (heals worst externals)
• cast internal (heals worst internals)
• cast all (heals worst wounds or scars, regardless of location)

Would it be possible to upgrade Heal Wounds and Heal Scars so that, with enough mana (and intact empathy), it will target multiple wounds/scars with a single cast? Perhaps even with the same intelligent targeting as Heal (which prioritizes more severe injuries)? To help distinguish these bread-and-butter healing spells from Heal, there might be a reduction in mana efficiency for multiple wounds.

For example, when casting Heal Wounds or Heal Scars, the following syntax options would exist:
• cast body part (same as before; most mana-efficient)
• cast external (heals externals; less mana-efficient)
• cast internal (heals internals; less mana-efficient)
• cast all (heals wounds and scars, regardless of location; least mana-efficient)

In the same vein, it would be cool if Regenerate had optional casting syntax:
• cast (default; heals all wounds and scars)
• cast wound (heals only wounds)
• cast scar (heals only scars)
• cast external (heals only externals)
• cast internal (heals only internals)

As much as I dislike the RP of "pet bleeders," at my level, it is still the best way to train first aid. I like the option of being able retain external wounds, but having to cast Heal Wounds and Heal Scars on each body part one at a time is very cumbersome. (The current version of Heal helps somewhat, as you can heal up to four scars per cast.)

I would even be willing to spend an extra spell slot on a metaspell that adds targeting syntax.

Thanks!

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guide

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladder
Re: Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells 01/02/2018 12:59 AM CST
Melete, do you have any thoughts on my suggestions with regard to healing syntax? (See below for link and original post.)

I'm really hoping there will be some options that target multiple (but specific) wounds, as it is very tedious to have to cast Heal Wounds and Heal Scars on each scar and internal wound -- one at a time -- when you are trying to preserve bleeding wounds for first aid training. (Healing everything but your external wounds could require up to 46 casts if you have internal wounds, internal scars, and external scars to every body part!)

Thanks!

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Empaths/Magic%20and%20Empath%20Spells/view/1610

Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells on 12/07/2017 08:02 PM EST

>>DR-Melete: Additionally, HEAL is actually pretty smart now, about how it heals. The wound priority logic is completely different from before. I think HEAL would be pretty good in high-stress situations such as PvP, invasions (both as a hunter and a healer) etc., for that reason.

Will the new ritual Heal still support optional wound/scar syntax? Ideally, I would like to see the following syntax options for Heal:
• cast (default; heals worst wounds and scars)
• cast external (heals worst external wounds and scars)
• cast internal (heals worst internal wounds and scars)
• cast wounds (heals worst wounds)
• cast scars (heals worst scars)
• cast all (heals worst wounds or scars, regardless of location)

Would it be possible to upgrade Heal Wounds and Heal Scars so that, with enough mana (and intact empathy), it will target multiple wounds/scars with a single cast? Perhaps even with the same intelligent targeting as Heal (which prioritizes more severe injuries)? To help distinguish these bread-and-butter healing spells from Heal, there might be a reduction in mana efficiency for multiple wounds.

For example, when casting Heal Wounds or Heal Scars, the following syntax options would exist:
• cast body part (same as before; most mana-efficient)
• cast external (heals external wounds and scars; less mana-efficient)
• cast internal (heals internal wounds and scars; less mana-efficient)
• cast wounds (heals wounds; less mana-efficient)
• cast scars (heals scars; less mana-efficient)
• cast all (heals wounds and scars, regardless of location; least mana-efficient)

In the same vein, it would be cool if Regenerate had optional casting syntax:
• cast (default; heals all wounds and scars)
• cast wounds (heals only wounds)
• cast scars (heals only scars)
• cast external (heals only external wounds and scars)
• cast internal (heals only internal wounds and scars)

As much as I dislike the RP of "pet bleeders," at my level, it is still the best way to train first aid. I like the option of being able retain external wounds, but having to cast Heal Wounds and Heal Scars on each body part one at a time is very cumbersome. (The current version of Heal helps somewhat, as you can heal up to four scars per cast.)

I would even be willing to spend an extra spell slot on a metaspell that adds targeting syntax.

Thanks!

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guide

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladder
Re: Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells 01/02/2018 06:47 AM CST
>>Will the new ritual Heal still support optional wound/scar syntax?

It still supports the wound/scar syntax.

Those other options are interesting, but something I would probably have to create a new proposal for. If anything, I think this could be a metaspell that allows finer control over the healing spells for those who desire it.

I'm not sure about an option to keep bleeders, but I'll think about it.

Also the eternal caveat that liking an idea or even writing a proposal for it is a long, long way from an actual release.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells 01/02/2018 07:13 AM CST
>>DR-Melete: Those other options are interesting, but something I would probably have to create a new proposal for. If anything, I think this could be a metaspell that allows finer control over the healing spells for those who desire it.

I would gladly spend a slot or two for such a metaspell.

Re: Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells 01/02/2018 08:00 AM CST
I think that the amount that new Heal fixes is good, but the fact that it is a ritual spell makes it something that I will probably never use. If I'm hunting something that can hit me, the last thing I want is a 20 second RT lock. Replacing Heal, I feel, also leaves empaths in a worse position. With this change, the only options for healing in combat are a spell that only heals one area (HW/HS), a ritual spell (Heal), a cyclic (Regen), or a spell that saps vitality (FoC). We're losing our smart heal. I think that, if you have to make new Heal a ritual for balance, it should be an entirely new spell. Personally, I would gladly accept a reduction in potency/duration to make this spell non-ritual.
Re: Additional Syntax Options for Healing Spells 01/02/2018 09:02 AM CST

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but I want to again emphatically agree with everything ASTARIN1 wrote. My preference, in order, would be....

1. New spell entirely. Best of both worlds. Leave heal how it is, and make this another option.
2. Remove the ritual requirement.