Teaser 04/04/2016 03:00 AM CDT
>read scroll
The parchment scroll contains a complete description of the I... Z... spell.

"The Khalaen accuse us of basest immorality, but we are tired of walking small lest someone judge us. We are sick of having to be squeaky clean healers! This is our answer, our weapon..."

<censored>

GM Grejuva
Re: Teaser 04/04/2016 03:20 AM CDT
My spell slots are ready.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Teaser 04/04/2016 03:47 AM CDT
Well, since I already nerded out with Sarkranis about this in IMs...

Being the most common conlang for spells to be named with plus starting with Z makes a Gamgweth phrase possible to likely, however there's not a lot that starts with I, and possibilities are further restricted based on whether Gamgweth grammar (in which adjectives come after nouns) is being respected. Gerenshuge would be my second guess based on the state of Empaths in Ilithi and K'Xonei's stance on things, except there is not a single documented word in Gerenshuge that starts with the letter Z (Haakish is also out for this reason). That leaves Ilithic, which has many possibilities on both accounts, but would be unusual -- none of the major players to date have been Elves after all and I also can't think of a single spell named in Ilithic, but of course there's a first time for everything. S'Kra is also possible but strikes me as even more unlikely for the same reasons, and also not enough pishras. :V Finally Olvio is a distant possibility; one spell in that language exists but the language itself is entirely undocumented afaik. (I still don't know what Kura Silma means.)

Of course it might just be English and be someone's name or something and then I'll feel very silly. Either way that's entirely too much thinking about conlangs for one night.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Teaser 04/04/2016 04:07 AM CDT
Color me impressed!

>>...the language itself is entirely undocumented afaik. (I still don't know what Kura Silma means.)

We try to improve in this area with new things, adding auto-translations where applicable. Kura-Silma = Knife-Eye.

GM Grejuva