Shocked? 02/09/2016 02:13 AM CST
So, purely out of curiosity, how many of you are Shocked or even completely insensitive?

;)

GM Grejuva
Re: Shocked? 02/09/2016 05:49 AM CST
I regularly get Empathic Shock but I manage it so I don't have complete insensitivity and/or need to do the quest. I don't think I've done the quest in more than 6 months, maybe a year.

Most common causes of my shock are:
* Prydaen food. Worth it every time.
* Fighting. Using weapons on living things (on purpose) and spells that give shock in that circumstance.
* Occasional fishing. And then eating the fish. Still worth it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Shocked? 02/09/2016 07:54 AM CST
<raises hand> Best decision I ever made.

"Sparring an empath is not a test of skill or combat ability. It's a test of how long it takes for you to scream in frustration before rage quitting." ~Favre
Re: Shocked? 02/09/2016 03:39 PM CST
What may be surprising to the Plat community I am currently shock free, but I routinely run shocked and often perma-shocked.

Asbhuan/Plat
Re: Shocked? 02/09/2016 04:10 PM CST
It amuses me how little of a deal shock even is anymore. Now it's nothing more than an inconvenience. Even the fact that you can undo "perm" shock is pretty funny.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Shocked? 02/09/2016 04:16 PM CST
>>DR-Grejuva: So, purely out of curiosity, how many of you are Shocked or even completely insensitive?

If I'm shocked, it's almost always unintended, such as when testing shock-proof features of Empath hunting scripts.

I am, however, routinely under the effect of Absolution (best spell ever).

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Shocked? 02/10/2016 04:29 PM CST
<<So, purely out of curiosity, how many of you are Shocked or even completely insensitive?>>

Still determinedly, emphatically, and paranoidally (it's a word cause I say so!) never been shocked. Still (mostly privately) scoff at those who are/have been.

~Aislynn
Re: Shocked? 02/11/2016 11:32 AM CST
<<If I'm shocked, it's almost always unintended...I am, however, routinely under the effect of Absolution (best spell ever).>>

This is pretty much exactly where I'm at, too. I think I've accidentally gotten Shock maybe twice ever (excluding cases where the cause was a bug). Going the Shock route just isn't appropriate for my character.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Shocked? 04/04/2016 07:56 AM CDT
I wouldn't mind having Kiriawen shocked for the weapons hunting aspect but getting too shocked and having to do the shock quest scares me.

The gutting of GS still has me floundering. :(
Re: Shocked? 04/04/2016 04:35 PM CDT
GS 3.0 is incredibly powerful compared to the 2.0 one. You just need to train TM.

I strongly disagree with even remotely applying the word "gutted" to it. If you need help learning to use it or catching your TM up to your other combat ranks, let me know I can help you with that.

Re: Shocked? 04/06/2016 10:34 PM CDT
I personally feel the spell is Gutted and is a weak shadow of it's former usefulness.

GS used to be my Weapon. How I attacked. I did not need to jump through hoops and hold it's hand to get it to do the job I needed it to do. I cast the spell and whatever I was facing died. I should not have had to do anything but cast the spell and stand there. That is how all other TM spells work. Especially Cyclic TM's.

When I was first testing the 3.0 version of the spell it was against creatures that WOULD NOT TEACH ME TM. I had at least 40 ranks over the creature's teaching cap. I could not kill a single one.

Since that time I have greatly increased my utility skill and increased my TM. My opinion of the spell has not changed. It was gutted and is virtually worthless in it's current incarnation. I don't think I should have to wait until I have over 600 in my skills to use a spell that should be functional by 200 skill at the latest.

You may have a different opinion. You skills are likely much higher than mine. Kiriawen is only 75th circle.
Re: Shocked? 04/06/2016 10:38 PM CDT
160s is low-ish for leucros, particularly if you aren't using any other kind of debilitation. Also pets in general don't seem to really teach as much as straight up casting TM spells, but then I'm of the opinion that TM in general is annoying to learn if you don't have a multishot.

I mean, YMMV, but I kind of think it's funny to call it gutted when previously it capped out at what, blood wolves? GS was a joke to any serious combat empath before.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Shocked? (GS Tangent) 04/06/2016 11:06 PM CDT
>RMOCKENSTURM: You may have a different opinion. You skills are likely much higher than mine. Kiriawen is only 75th circle.

For the record, I have about 4 Empaths currently. I have one I'm well known as, but most people rarely know the others are also me, unless they're a GM cheating face (and even then they often don't know). I actually have more than 4, but I haven't played all the others in awhile. You could say I'm fairly addicted to the guild.

I have trained Empaths up in 3.0 and gotten the GS spell as soon as they were able to cast it. They were able to fight creatures and use it. That's why I'm offering to work with you to see if there are things you can do that would enable you to use the spell in a way that's helpful to you. If you don't want to do that, that's fine, but the offer still stands for you or anyone else having problems with the spell. If you don't have AIM you could also ring the door bell for a mentor or contact me via crystal ring.

>THAYET: I mean, YMMV, but I kind of think it's funny to call it gutted when previously it capped out at what, blood wolves? GS was a joke to any serious combat empath before.

Yea 2.0 GS was = (2* your circle) + your charisma. So a 150th Empath with 100 Charisma at most had a 400 rank equivalent pet. There were only a handful of people near that at the time in Prime. It didn't also didn't count buffs. It was nice for people who didn't do a lot of combat, though.