Sprout 3.1? 08/17/2015 02:25 PM CDT
No, but really. Could we get some sort of spell to help with foraging?

A straight Outdoorsmanship booster would be fine (and probably much easier to code), but another kind of foraging utility spell would be greatly appreciated. Some quick ideas:

- A plain ol' Outdoorsmanship boost or a hybrid Outdoorsmanship/Perception booster
- A room-cast spell that can make it easier to find native flora; makes it possible to find out-of-season flora, or that makes it possible to temporarily find non-native flora in the room (would have a timer that could be reduced with skill/mana)
- A spell that increases the size of a foraged herb

Et cetera. Any other thoughts/ideas?

GENT
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/17/2015 04:39 PM CDT
I think an Alchemy boosting spell was talked about? I can't recall for sure. I think an Outdoorsmanship buff is right up the empath's alley as well too. Perhaps one that does both?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/17/2015 06:33 PM CDT
Muwahahaha. I discussed this a little on State of Elanthia but I have totally different plans for Sprout that are going to be awesome.

That said, I could see an Outdoorsmanship/Alchemy type buff for Empaths under a different name. I'd have to see what Melete thinks.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/17/2015 06:35 PM CDT
Sweet!

Hadn't even thought about Alchemy booster, but that would also be much appreciated!

GENT
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/17/2015 07:21 PM CDT
<<I discussed this a little on State of Elanthia...>>

Since you mentioned it, is there anywhere that the State of Elanthia is outlined or summarized or something? Way back in the day there used to be a big forum post about it a little after the fact, and that was pretty cool.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/17/2015 07:41 PM CDT
I don't believe so. It was a fairly casual presentation this year.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/18/2015 12:39 AM CDT
There wasn't a lot talked about at con that hasn't already been posted on the boards recently. I had part of a summary typed up the first day, but I kept going "I already know all of this."

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/18/2015 11:26 AM CDT
Okay, thanks. It should be interesting to see what this reimagined Sprout ends up looking like. It's hard to go wrong with "awesome".

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/18/2015 04:47 PM CDT
Yeah, I at least didn't reveal anything that I haven't talked about before.

The Crossing guildhall is being redecorated Soon (tm) but it's cosmetic stuff. Maybe people will come inside then. Salvur is so lonely, made all the lonelier by the knowledge that all the empaths can no doubt feel his pain but will do nothing to assuage it. Or something.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/18/2015 07:34 PM CDT
Would be really nice if we could forage in there, I know its inside but if somehow we could forage it would be great, like a little square of dirt in the floor, I dunno lol.

- Ledia
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/19/2015 03:12 AM CDT
A "garden" in the back of the guild, that you only access by entering the guild could work. Salvur's current room is technically a garden, but isn't forageable for reasons.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Sprout 3.1? 12/21/2015 12:53 PM CST
Any word on updates for any of this? I sure would like that Outdoorsmanship/Alchemy buff. And I would also like to hear what the new plans for Sprout are.
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/09/2016 11:06 PM CDT
I know we just got a new spell and all, but still any word on this? Or is it dropped?
Re: Sprout 3.1? 08/09/2016 11:38 PM CDT
No updates.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things