Raise Power - Increased Duration, Please? 01/26/2015 09:13 AM CST
So I just got a scroll of this to test it out, as I've been working towards the prerequisites and I've got to say, the duration is ridiculously short. At 28 mana above minimum cast it only lasts 5 minutes @ 250PM & 220 Augmentation. While it did raise the mana from glowing to shining, I honestly can't see much use out of this spell. Our other alternative, Circle of Sympathy, is really more of a situational triage spell so it looks like for me, at this point, I won't be getting either (and will be unlearning a few other spells I took for Raise Power).
Re: Raise Power - Increased Duration, Please? 01/26/2015 02:51 PM CST
After asking about this issue in 2012, I opted not to get Raise Power, as it sounds like its nerfing is part of a general plan to reduce the power of room mana boosters, especially for those who aren't magic-primary.

"This is part of a general push to make room mana boosters less pervasive and powerful though. I don't see it changing, unfortunately, as powerful room mana boosters are supposed to be the realm of magic primes. Guilds that got 'grandfathered' in tended to have those abilities somewhat nerfed, as we see with RP." --DR-Melete (12/06/2012)

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Raise Power - Increased Duration, Please? 01/27/2015 01:47 PM CST
That's shame, we have two spells for helping mana utilization and both of them seem pretty niche or not really worth it. Would honestly prefer an attunement regeneration spell over both of them.
Re: Raise Power - Increased Duration, Please? 01/27/2015 03:55 PM CST
>>Would honestly prefer an attunement regeneration spell over both of them.

I'm a big fan of the Harness symbiosis for that reason. Took Symbiotic Research, as I felt like it was a better use of a spell slot than Raise Power.

Also during triage if a cleric does Meraud's commune, it doesn't stack with RP. So taking RP even just for triage seems kind of meh.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Raise Power - Increased Duration, Please? 01/27/2015 05:38 PM CST
I don't see why magic primes should be upset about anyone raising the life power in a room. Heck, life magic had these spells before anyone else did, and they require a little more effort than just dropping a spell.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.