Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 02:51 AM CST
Can we somehow have a method of drying herbs in our pyramid by placing it over a stove?

---
-Clemency
---
"Put your head up to my heart, hear me live and follow suit, this will all be over soon, it's gonna hurt a little." -Emberghost
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 08:20 AM CST
when I first read this I went... uhhh what? but then I realized you were probably talking about the inability to dry herbs when the sun isn't out... I figure we should just uncomplicate things... allow us to dry a herb in a fashion similar to tanning a hide. Instead of rubbing curing salts onto the herb, we can just string them so that they can dry over a period of time similar to tanning. Perhaps we could even put them in vaults so as to lend a little realism to it

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 01:03 PM CST
That works too. I figured that an herb sitting in a little container over a stove would dry out due to heat. Maybe a combination of the two, stringing the herbs over a source of heat for a period of time? It'd also bring some practicality to building fires :o

---
-Clemency
---
"Put your head up to my heart, hear me live and follow suit, this will all be over soon, it's gonna hurt a little." -Emberghost
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 01:33 PM CST
If they made cambrinth pyramids available to the public...

~Brady, player of Bounty Hunter Samus, Wayne Brady and M. Baiter of The Fallen

The shadowling exclaims, "Bogo!"
Looks like someone has BOGO on the brain...
~~~
Join The Fallen!
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 03:50 PM CST
somehow I knew brady would be the one to bring up that dead equine again

Souv

Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 04:16 PM CST
Cambrinth pyramids? Whatsat?

---
-Clemency
---
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 04:47 PM CST
>>Cambrinth pyramids? Whatsat?

its a neat pyramid that takes mana instead of sunlight. Say 10 mana would get you 10 hums, 20 mana, would get you 20 hums...etc etc. So no sun light needed. There's only one that I know of on the plat side, and a moon mage has it and she no longer plays..my thief bought it for her since she wanted it. Man am I regretting not giving it to my empath...lol...oh well..live and learn, next auction, I buy it for my empath. If we have another one.

~Dalkin/Rashael/Drandar~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 08:20 PM CST
>>its a neat pyramid that takes mana instead of sunlight.

Takes both, actually. The cambrinth can supply the drying energy when natural sunlight is unavailable. Sweet deal, really.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

http://www.mistletoebeltbuckle.com
Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 09:05 PM CST
there is one I know of in prime as well, but fat luck trying to pry it from the empath's cold dead hands

Souv

Re: Pleaaaaase? 11/30/2005 11:26 PM CST
>there is one I know of in prime as well, but fat luck trying to pry it from the empath's cold dead hands

Wow. Something Souv and I actually agree on. The sky must be falling...

Hawaiian Word of the Week: Smart

Akamai (Ah kah my)
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/01/2005 07:52 AM CST
I actually stole the camb pyramid in plat once.. NB, short drag, pick up pyramid, taunt said moonie, gave it back. Shoulda stopped at the 4th step. <sigh>

Got Body Parts?
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/01/2005 07:54 AM CST
Heh...there are two. Farman has one, and I think the other one (the first one sold) has changed hands a few times, at a rather high ticket price.

>>somehow I knew Brady would be the one to bring up that dead equine again

Sounds like someone has pyramid envy...I don't expect them to be in a shop any time soon, but it's a nice thing to have if one can come into posession of one.

~Brady, player of Bounty Hunter Samus, Wayne Brady and M. Baiter of The Fallen

The shadowling exclaims, "Bogo!"
Looks like someone has BOGO on the brain...
~~~
Join The Fallen!
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/01/2005 08:05 AM CST
Actually Brady, I read that post and thought... oh god, Clemancy wants a cam pyramid... let's not bring that up and let's talk about drying herbs... yeah... drying herbs

Souv

Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/01/2005 03:24 PM CST
I know Kythryn had one, I'd be surprised if she's sold it. And yes, I plan on being buried in mine ;)
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/01/2005 09:01 PM CST
So we tested it tonight and it takes 897 hums to dry Farman's corpse. Teaches mech like a banshee too.

~Purehand
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/01/2005 09:05 PM CST
Are you kidding?

---
-Clemency
---
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/02/2005 07:05 AM CST
alright! I need to go find Nonomis and stick him in my pyramid. I need lots of mech

Souv

Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/02/2005 09:51 AM CST
>>So we tested it tonight and it takes 897 hums to dry Farman's corpse. Teaches mech like a banshee too.

~Purehand<<

ROFL... man the two best laughs I've gotten from posts, well besides Hulda's sig, is from you. This one is almost as clasic as your one about forgetting how to heal... "... we stared at each other and then I hide..." I still laugh at the thought of it...

ok, so I'm tired and board at work but just wanted to say thanks for the laughs.

Whispersoft
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/03/2005 12:21 AM CST
>So we tested it tonight and it takes 897 hums to dry Farman's corpse. Teaches mech like a banshee too.

>~Purehand

ROFL!

(no you're still not getting my camb pyramid :P)
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/03/2005 04:04 PM CST
>Heh...there are two.

Actually, I think there are likely about half dozen now...

From the Cruise fest last year, there were 2 from the token auction (1 to myself, 1 to another empath who's name is escaping me), then 2 in the coin auction (1 to Astatyr and 1 to Ariwin who sold it right after to I think Korsik). Then, when the new herb potions were released (elixir and solution), Chizeli sold 2 more, one to Farman and one to Souv. I think that's how it went...

Anyhow, they are still pretty rare. I will still sleep anyone coming too close to mine (and drag them to where they will never find the body). And I think it is highly likely that although they may never be sold in a shop, we will see more and more over the years get released via auctions, fests and merchants.

Kythryn
Need herbs? The fine trader Nirveli now supplies my pouches and select herbs, just drop her an AIM at AuctionerNirveli for details!
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/03/2005 04:49 PM CST
I wish I had one of those... but I wasn't the recipient. I did make several overtures to Farman to steal/buy it from him though.

Souv

Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/03/2005 07:20 PM CST
heh, ok...sorry for the tease there Souv! I thought I remembered the alchemy shop keeper selling 2 more that night he was teaching us how to make the new recipies, but that's what you get from working with so many herbs over the years...:P.

Partial Information Recall.

Anyhow, guess it comes down there are more than 2 out there, but they are still pretty few and far between. Even though I have one, I would like to see more things open up for drying that everyone can take advantage of. Even if they didn't teach mech as well as using a pyramid, for alchemists, waiting for the right conditions to dry things is just a pain in the backside and needs to be rememdied.

Kythryn
Need herbs? The fine trader Nirveli now supplies my pouches and select herbs, just drop her an AIM at AuctionerNirveli for details!
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/04/2005 11:53 AM CST
>Anyhow, they are still pretty rare. I will still sleep anyone coming too close to mine (and drag them to where they will never find the body).

Yeah, I've gotten more and more uneasy using mine in public. I might just end up putting it on the table in my home. Kyth, can you really cast HL and NB in time to stop someone closing to melee?
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/04/2005 10:35 PM CST
>Kyth, can you really cast HL and NB in time to stop someone closing to melee?

heh, all you need to do is get the HL off, grab the pyramid, retreat and run. Once you are a few rooms away and have the pyramid safely stowed, prep and cast your NB. The bad, bad would-be theif won't have gotten far, and you'll have plenty of time to drag them to your favorite out of the way location...hehe.

In all seriousness though, need to ask one of our more CvC active empaths how fast you can get a HL and snap cast NB off. I've actually only used the spell 3 times on 'unwilling' targets, once to help 'encourage' a grave robber that stole my friends weapon (why kill them when they know they are just going to keep getting slept until they log out or give back the weapon!) and the other 2 times were actually to prevent someone from walking. I think the NB description needs to be ammended to include that: Also helpful in providing a cool down period for people in emotional distress that mean to do themselves harm.
;P

Kythryn
Re: Pleaaaaase? 12/05/2005 09:10 AM CST
7 seconds, roughtly about the same amount of time it takes to heal someone, of course if I want to take 10 seconds, I can snap cast an Innocence inbetween the HL and the NB, forcing the subject to appear suddenly in a different room and make them think about where they have to go to get back while I prep. But I'm just a baby, so I'm sure there are people who can do it faster

Souv

Re: Pleaaaaase? 02/09/2006 11:46 AM CST
I know the min hl can be snapped in one second. I do my casting differently, so I prep at 10, harness 10 twice and cast. So that's...right around the amount of time Souv said...so I'm gonna go back to my hiding place.

Raudhan, the Renegade Empath

Souv says, "Annael should have been commended for her knifing empaths"