Ithor 03/21/2005 10:59 AM CST
Can anyone tell me the truth behind Ithor? Is it foragable as a moss? Is it a combination of different herbs to make it? And if it is not foragable or can't be created, why not?

::Master Empath Mingold Ravenflock::

"Midway along the journey of our life
I woke to find myself in a dark wood,
For I had wandered from the straight path." ::Dante::
Re: Ithor 03/21/2005 11:20 AM CST
I'm not sure of the why, but there are quite a few concoctions that can only be bought. The only reason I can see for it is a half done alchemy system. Theoretically a talented alchemist should be able to forage and make every herb that exists, but for now it doesn't seem to be possible.

I've looked on a few sites with notes on foragables and there is no Ithor foragable that I can see. Or Ojhenik or Hulij or Hisan, unless those aren't named directly after an herb.
Re: Ithor 03/21/2005 02:30 PM CST
It's more that the foraging system is incomplete. The missing herbs are supposed to come out eventually, or as we like to call it in DR, STBTHDOTU (some time before the heat death of the universe).
Re: Ithor 03/21/2005 03:05 PM CST
well back in the day when alchemy was even more confusing than it is now... foraging up ithor moss was(is?) possible, unfortunately making Ithor moss into Ithor potion wasn't... Ithor moss turned into something else (I don't remember what, I just remember that it made no friggin sense) I don't think it's ever been changed from that. Ask santa claus, maybe it will happen for christmas

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."