Tincture 11/16/2004 09:39 PM CST
just a really crude test. Some wounds edited out for simplicity.

I apply the yelith tincture...........

Your body feels slightly battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg with odd protrusions under the skin.
Bleeding
Area Rate

inside l. arm slight
inside r. leg moderate

You get an itching sensation in your right leg.
You feel an itching sensation in your left hand, left leg, left arm, and right arm.
You feel slightly better.

You feel an itching sensation in your left hand, left leg, left arm, and right arm.

You feel an itching sensation in your left leg, and right arm.

Your body feels at full strength.
You have some minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg with odd protrusions under the skin.

Bleeding
Area Rate

inside r. leg moderate

End of first Tincture

Rub on a second Tincture

You get an itching sensation in your right leg.
You feel an itching sensation in your left leg, left arm, and right arm.

You have some minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg with odd protrusions under the skin.

Bleeding
Area Rate

inside r. leg moderate

End of second Tincture..

Aaaand just for fun....

You drink a portion of some yelith tincture.
That was the last of your yelith tincture.

Bleeding
Area Rate

inside r. leg moderate
You have a mildly strong internal poison.

You feel an itching sensation in your right leg, and left arm.
You feel somewhat better.

(guess it was still working or something, maybe the tincure heals a little even if taken orally I donno.)

Your body feels at full strength.
You have some minor swelling and bruising around the left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg compounded by deep slashes across the right leg, severely swollen and bruised chest area.

Bleeding
Area Rate

inside r. leg light
inside chest bad

So 1/2 hour to make the stuff, 250 for 4 parts grain alcohol, the yelith was precisely foraged, i'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit over the regular dried stuff, but the poison was fun. Anyone else done a more professional test or notice the single healing pulse when it is ingested? Thanks.

It was the empath. In the library. With the bone-crushing claymore.

~Purehand
Re: Tincture 11/17/2004 12:33 AM CST
I just did a very quick test with some precise jadice powder, and it definitely healed more per pulse than the herb itself would have. I had a bunch of minor abrasions and it took them all completely away in four pulses. I'll have to try comparing how it works on light bleeders. Anyway, there's a discussion over on the abilities/alchemy board you might want to check out. Someone raised the very good question of whether making an herb into a tincture just improves the speed an herb works on the target area, or does indeed increase the potency as well.

Considering how well skillfully prepared herbs work already, my fear is tinctures will take business away from our guild ;)
Re: Tincture 11/19/2004 12:52 AM CST
Also, if you are making your tincture by closing the jar and immediately shaking or opening again you are greatly reducing the potency of the tincture. From what I have gathered you will need to put the parts in then; close jar/wait :10/shake/wait :10/shake/wait :10/open jar and get your tincture for a full potency medication.

Mendorin
Re: Tincture 11/19/2004 01:34 AM CST
That's the way the GM post said to do it, and the way I did it. Still don't think it's worth it. I mean, after foraging the stuff, buying the tincture jar, buying the alcohol, drying your herb, grinding it down, and going through the half hour process to make it i better not be getting miniscule gains in healing. It better not be your * feels slightly better, it better be your * feels a lot better.

It was the empath. In the library. With the bone-crushing claymore.

~Purehand
Re: Tincture 11/19/2004 06:00 AM CST
>>>It better not be your * feels slightly better, it better be your * feels a lot better.

And what can we take for our * that feels alot more asleep after sitting at the keyboard watching all this stuff happen for that long amount of time?

Sheeeesh, I need a massage...

Amagaim; the player of,

Why animal healing is a bad idea:

>A grey squirrel says, "Ugh, that's it. Squirrelly wrath is coming your way... Uh, right after I heal."
Re: Tincture 11/19/2004 01:39 PM CST
Well, to be fair, tinctures do multiply the doses by four. But then again it seems they don't pulse for as long as herbs do. It seems like a minor benefit, unless we can show that people with really high mech can do a lot better.