field-prepping herbs 06/26/2004 11:43 PM CDT
Some plants with medicinal properties have to be broken, crushed, or otherwise slightly prepared first without having to be fully processed into an alchemical concoction. Any chance we could have this for certain herbs (aloe leaf, maybe the roots, etc) and perhaps intensify the healing these prepped herbs give (I was thinking somewhere between raw and dried would be good, though equating prepped with dried would be great though I wouldn't mind if the healing properties of these herbs were locked away until you prepped them)?

Just something that popped into my head, so I understand if this is supposed to be an assumed thing when eating and applying raw forms of herbs.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: field-prepping herbs 06/27/2004 10:51 AM CDT
Creating ways for Empaths to enhance the healing properties of herbs is one thing we're considering looking at. We're not ready to delve into that idea more deeply just yet, though, but we'll keep your suggestions in mind for when that time comes.

GM Reexa

Re: field-prepping herbs 06/27/2004 06:12 PM CDT
>Some plants with medicinal properties have to be broken, crushed, or otherwise slightly prepared first without having to be fully processed into an alchemical concoction. Any chance we could have this for certain herbs (aloe leaf, maybe the roots, etc) and perhaps intensify the healing these prepped herbs give (I was thinking somewhere between raw and dried would be good, though equating prepped with dried would be great though I wouldn't mind if the healing properties of these herbs were locked away until you prepped them)?

I know you're asking for something above what is currently in place, and I also think it's a good idea. But I just want to point out that in the current system, preparing healing herbs by drying them already does increase potency. And most herbs, although not all, are currently less potent when mixed into a potion, tea, or whathaveyou.