Dried herb usage 01/25/2004 09:18 AM CST
You may think dried herbs are good and when crushed they are even better. what's REALLY good is when you forage precise the herb, dry in a pyramid, crush to powder, then RUB it on yourself. dont eat the powder, rub it. the results are astonishing

No good deed goes un-punished!
Re: Dried herb usage 01/25/2004 09:38 AM CST
<<You may think dried herbs are good and when crushed they are even better. what's REALLY good is when you forage precise the herb, dry in a pyramid, crush to powder, then RUB it on yourself. dont eat the powder, rub it. the results are astonishing>>

Thanks for the tip. I will have to try that!

~ Mehathi

To anyone who might send something critical to me, this is my response:
I am sitting here in the smallest room in my house with your letter of criticism before me. Soon it will be behind me.
~ H.L. Mencken

Re: Dried herb usage 01/25/2004 11:30 AM CST
I'll definitely try it if the sun will ever come out!

Posted by "that Healer of Doom, The Empath of Destruction! Yazegi!"
Re: Dried herb usage 01/25/2004 02:31 PM CST
>You may think dried herbs are good and when crushed they are even better. what's REALLY good is when you forage precise the herb, dry in a pyramid, crush to powder, then RUB it on yourself. dont eat the powder, rub it. the results are astonishing<

Do ALL herbs work better this way? Not counting ones already in salve/tea/etc form of course.
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 08:54 PM CST
all herbs that are in their natural (leaf, sap, root, etc) get a lot more effective when dried. I suppose they're all even better when crushed, but I never tried it that way. I've heard that only some herbs are even better when prepared, while the others are best left in natural form (flowers should stay flowers, leaves should be made into teas, etc).
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 08:59 PM CST
Actually, blocil berries are kinda funny in that depending on the source they can heal two different body parts. Foraged blocil, as you mentioned, heals internal back, the same as junliar. Purchased (or otherwise procured from the herb shop) blocil cures internal head, the same as eghmok.

Would be nice if those were juggled around so one healed either nerve or internal eye. Still crossing my fingers that high potency aloe will cure skin damage.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal
...and the occasional empath
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 09:43 PM CST
<<all herbs that are in their natural (leaf, sap, root, etc) get a lot more effective when dried.>>

I'm really really new to this driedherbs thing, so if anyone could give me a quick simple 'Drying Herbs for the Dummy' kind of list of what to do, I'd really appreciate it! Oh, if I dried store bought cebi root, would it become more effective? Or is it only worth drying the foraged versions?

-Etrina

Empaths are the key to a healthy fun online game....you make them mad we all suffer
-Arjen-
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 09:46 PM CST
Yeah, storebought herbs work. Just get a wayerd pyramid and sit outside with it for a bit when the weather is good and the sun is out. 30 hums should do it. Be sure you do a lot at once though..It can be tedious if you're only doing a couple at a time.

- Player of Miki & Cael

The ghost of Westryl says "boo!" then wanders off. This cab must be haunted!
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 09:51 PM CST
<<Just get a wayerd pyramid blah blah, etc. etc.>>

Thanks so much Miki, think I'll go find a pyramid and play with some herbs now, if its daytime of course.

-Etrina

Empaths are the key to a healthy fun online game....you make them mad we all suffer
-Arjen-
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 09:55 PM CST
Pbtbtbtbt! It's tedious when you're doing a lot too. The only good thing is that you won't have to do any more for a long while unless you give the stuff away (of course, storage is going to be a problem if you try to fill the pyramid to the top). Remember, it takes even longer to dry things when there's more in the hopper.
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 09:55 PM CST
Yeah uh...Sorry to say, but the sun isn't gonna be out for a bit:

You gaze at the heavens, taking careful note of the current weather:
You sense the coming of light rains.
You sense the coming of light rains.
You sense the coming of a moderate rainstorm.

It might be nice later tomorrow or the next day though.

- Player of Miki & Cael

The ghost of Westryl says "boo!" then wanders off. This cab must be haunted!
Re: Dried herb usage 02/17/2004 10:02 PM CST
Plus keeping a steady mind state in mech while rotating herbs through it. IIRC, only the last 8 items in will be affected. Number could be off, but I know if I have 20 cebi roots in it, only the top (first in the list) half or so will be dried and I have to remove those then wait another 25 or so hums for the next batch to dry. For those taking notes, my cousin's moon mage stays between bewildering and dazed with 65 mech and one pyramid. Takes a bit to get there (about 3 hums per mindstate, not counting exp absorption), but once it's there, sweet learning... until the sun goes down. My empath, with around 45 ranks of mech stays around bewildering with one pyramid, but he absorbs so much each pulse he's likely to drop to concentrating then back up to bewildering before the next pulse.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal
...and the shared mind behind a few others
Re: Dried herb usage 02/18/2004 04:08 AM CST
>only the top (first in the list) half or so will be dried and I have to remove those then wait another 25 or so hums for the next batch to dry.

You know, I was thinking about this the other day too. I will start to make note of how many I dry 'at a time', but I think it's more than 8. I also have much more than 45 mech. Although, the way I was thinking about it was that I could dry things at a faster rate than someone with less mech lore. I just figured that the pyramids were a little buggy, in that once you open them, you need to take the dried things out first, or when you close the pyramid back up, it tries to re-dry the dry things first.

It will be interesting to note if more mech lore increases the number of herbs you can dry at once so to speak. I would speculate that the more mech lore you have, the more you can effectively put into a pyramid to dry at a time.

And if the GM's are peeking in here for suggestions, want to keep that 'way of drying things at night' idea on the top of the hopper please?
(flirts)

Kythryn
Re: Dried herb usage 02/18/2004 06:16 AM CST
There is no difference between dried plovik leaf, and dried plovik leaf crushed (into powder) potency wise.

>Oh, if I dried store bought cebi root, would it become more effective?

Drying it does become more potent, though I believe precisely foraged would be more effective.

Jalika
Re: Dried herb usage 02/18/2004 07:10 AM CST
>You sense the coming of light rains.
>You sense the coming of light rains.
>You sense the coming of a moderate rainstorm.

Well, apparently I have to travel all the way up to Muspar'i or all the way down to Crossing to find an alchemy shop. Hopefully by the time I'm back in Lang the 'weather god' will feel pity for me and let the sun come out to play.

-Etrina

-Arjen-
Re: Dried herb usage 02/18/2004 07:36 AM CST
<<And if the GM's are peeking in here for suggestions, want to keep that 'way of drying things at night' idea on the top of the hopper please?>>

Poke that idea over into the substances folder, also, please.

GM Reexa

Re: Dried herb usage 02/18/2004 04:05 PM CST
>Poke that idea over into the substances folder, also, please.

hehe, GM Jeremael might stab his eyes out if he had to read another post asking for ways to dry things at night, but sure...I'll go ahead and make the suggestion over there again.
(giggles)

I think the idea originally came up over here though in talking about things we'd like to see in our new guildhalls. If alchemy is going to be a strong 'choice' within the empath guild, it would be really nice to have rooms in each hall set aside for that. If you pop over to the Crossing Estate Holder club, there is a room upstairs with some alchmey tools, that might be a good 'template' to start from. Then, put in some uber-strong gaethzen that can activate the pyramids at night and voila! Happy Alchemists!
:)

Kythryn
Re: Dried herb usage 02/18/2004 04:26 PM CST
<<I think the idea originally came up over here though in talking about things we'd like to see in our new guildhalls.>>

That's fine. Tis why I said also and not instead.

:)

GM Reexa

Re: Dried herb usage 02/20/2004 05:43 PM CST
Can we get some of them bucket things stationary in the guild?

Posted by Yazegi

You begin to lecture Silvyrfrost on the proper use of the brawling skill.

You fiddle with Silvyrfrost's hair until it is brushed over the top of her head to hide a receding hairline.
You let out a loud "Huzzah!"
Re: Dried herb usage 02/21/2004 08:21 AM CST
<<Can we get some of them bucket things stationary in the guild?>>

Erm...there are buckets in the guild. And they don't walk around, as far as I'm aware...

:::confused:::

GM Reexa, still punchy from last night

Re: Dried herb usage 02/21/2004 10:14 AM CST
silly.. I mean one of those unlochai buckets or however its spelled.

Posted by Yazegi

You begin to lecture Silvyrfrost on the proper use of the brawling skill.
Re: Dried herb usage 02/21/2004 11:12 AM CST
<<I mean one of those unlochai buckets or however its spelled>>

Gotcha. With the thoughts presented regarding alchemy workshops, this is a possibility.

GM Reexa