New Spells or Abilities 11/28/2017 05:46 PM CST
I was wondering. I've noticed that the Necromancer Guild has gotten new spells/items of late, and I was wondering if there is anything in the works for empaths. Maybe a new spell. Maybe lower slot cost for certain spells, things like that. Like I said, just wondering.
Re: New Spells or Abilities 11/29/2017 11:44 AM CST
There are a couple of things we've been told about that are in the works, but unfortunately I think we're suffering from a lack of GM availability like much of the rest of the game. One thing in particular that I've been looking forward to is the upgrade to the Heal spell, which I think Melete said was in QC a while back (tidbits on that occasionally pop up in the Necromancer folders, as their Devour spell is wrapped up in it too). No idea what that means as far as when we might see it, but it does qualify as being "in the works" I suppose.

Other things I can think of off the top of my head that have been mentioned before are a new combat-related healing ability, a thing to help bring healers and patients together, and something about Shift that sounded like it might be largely behind-the-scenes updates. That was a while ago though, and it didn't sound like they were very far along in development.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: New Spells or Abilities 11/29/2017 11:59 AM CST
Speaking only for my own priorities, right now I split my dev time four ways.

1) I do system-level rewrites and tweaking as necessary.

2) I do projects for less-developed guilds, currently Traders.

3) I work with Persida and Abasha on Necromancers, in part because it's still a technically incomplete guild and partly because it's work I really enjoy and I use it as a break / palette cleanser when I need one.

4) I assist on revenue projects as necessary.

Sort of like what I have to tell Paladins and Rangers, it's not that I dislike you guys or are ignoring you, but for #2 I got to start somewhere and triage it somehow, and that means 8 out of 10 guilds aren't getting a project at the time from me.

I am, of course, not the only developer, but I can only speak for my own participation in the development of the guilds.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: New Spells or Abilities 11/29/2017 11:59 AM CST
What things of late would those be? Honest question.