Starcrashers 10/20/2017 03:31 PM CDT
I've tried to take a few of these on, and I have some results.

1. Guardian Spirit can kill them. I used an 11 mana cast with ~275 TM. TM never progressed passed dabbling.

2. Spells don't work. Paralysis. Lethargy. Even a few WM debilitators. Messaging:

3. Absolution works. I can hit them with 130 or so short edge + absolution. Perceive health shows: Malicious presences screeching in the far dark corners of your mind cause you to quickly open your eyes!

4. Manipulate was more or less pointless. It trains, which is nice, but the manipulated starcrashers don't seem to be attacking each other even if I have no warrior out.

5. They were using a form of invisibility. l

6. I had no problem dancing with a full room. ~260 defenses, 50 reflex.
Re: Starcrashers 10/20/2017 06:13 PM CDT

And it appears the zenics are considered undead with regards to absolution.

Also, the zenics will give you loimic if the GS kills them, and they become shrinking zenics when they die. You can also hit them with spells until they madden. The guardian spirit can't hit the maddened ones either.
Re: Starcrashers 10/20/2017 06:43 PM CDT
<< Absolution works.>>

That seems like it's either a bug or a really strange design choice. These creatures seem to fall squarely in the "alive" category. And in fact, they PERCEIVEd that way at first (haven't seen any in a while, so I guess they could've been changed).

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Starcrashers 10/21/2017 01:00 AM CDT
>>That seems like it's either a bug or a really strange design choice.

It's a bug, but not an Absolution one. Weapon attacks seem to treat their body type as a construct. Feel free to take advantage of this if you want to, but be aware that it will get fixed as soon as I find a way.

GM Grejuva
Re: Starcrashers 10/21/2017 07:27 AM CDT

That's a shame, but I understand. You might also want to check power perceive. They give the same message as undead when perceiving health, but not when perceiving them directly.
Re: Starcrashers 10/21/2017 03:03 PM CDT
>>They give the same message as undead when perceiving health, but not when perceiving them directly.

Perceive Health checks cursed status, not undead. I don't know why.

GM Grejuva