Burden 03/14/2016 03:19 PM CDT
Can an empath cast Burden without getting shock?
Re: Burden 03/14/2016 06:09 PM CDT
If you're wondering if a specific spell may cause shock, you can PREPARE it and then perceive to know whether or not the spell will cause shock if cast at something with a life essence.

In this case...

>prep burden
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
With calm movements you prepare your body for the Burden spell.
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>pow
You reach out with your senses and see brilliant streams of vibrant blue and white Life mana flowing through the area.
You have fully prepared the Burden spell at four mana.
The spell feels distinctively offensive but will not cause shock.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Of course, this means you have to know the spell to check. It would probably be cool if that info was available in the READ for Empaths. Hmmm...

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Burden 03/14/2016 06:14 PM CDT
How about a recall spell shock, or something?

>Recall fireball shock
>Of course this spell causes shock, idiot.

>Recall healingspell shock
>Nope, no shock here

>Recall burden shock
>The spell feels distinctively offensive but will not cause shock.
Re: Burden 03/14/2016 06:30 PM CDT
Thank you!
Re: Burden 03/14/2016 08:44 PM CDT
<<Of course, this means you have to know the spell to check. It would probably be cool if that info was available in the READ for Empaths. Hmmm...>>

I thought it does? Maybe it only gives a warning on things that DO cause shock. I want to say focusing on a runestone does, too.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Burden 03/15/2016 07:50 PM CDT
<<Of course, this means you have to know the spell to check. It would probably be cool if that info was available in the READ for Empaths. Hmmm...>>

<<I thought it does? Maybe it only gives a warning on things that DO cause shock. I want to say focusing on a runestone does, too.>>

Hm, looks like I was mistaken. It's there for FOCUS on runestones but not READ on scrolls.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor