Empath Guild Fine Art Contest! 09/09/2016 08:40 PM CDT
Negotiations are underway to acquire a few summer-y landscape paintings for the guild's sitting room. Poor Constanze misses the outdoors.

Thus, a contest! I am looking for painting submissions. There should not be any people or people-adjacent creatures in the painting. (E.g. huntable creatures, alfar, cavorting halfings, etc.)

1. The submitter must have an Empath of at least 15th level on their account.

2. Your artwork should be in good taste and adhere to general DR policies. Anything graphic, vulgar, or generally in poor taste will not be admissible.

3. There is no guarantee that any submission will actually be used.

4. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries. All three prizes are an alfar alteration. If an Empath who already has an alteration receives the prize, they may feel free to give or sell it to another Empath, but will not be allowed to receive a second alteration. It's not possible to have two, and I want to make these available to people who may not already have them or the means to purchase them at auction.

5. Each account may only submit one design. Please email entries to DR-MELETE@PLAY.NET with the subject line, "Empath Sitting Room Painting Design Contest Entry." Please include your account name, character name, and instance along with your submission. Please include the design in the body of your email, not as an attachment.

6. The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30th. Winners will be announced after being judged shortly after.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here and I'll answer as I'm able. Good luck!

An example of what I'm looking for, format-wise (minus the people!), follows:

Framed in a square of gilded oak, the picture is matted by a hand-wide strip of blue-grey paper. In the foreground, the artist has sketched the figure of a young girl and an adult woman in simple strokes of violet, black and white. A riot of color surrounds them as they ramble through a grassy meadow strewn with blooming wildflowers. Lacy white clouds touched with gold and silver contrast prettily against a deep, cornflower blue sky. In the distance, numerous dark green trees can be seen bordering the lush, flowered meadow, their leaves the merest suggestions, yet seeming to move in some unseen breeze. Vivid crimson poppies dominate the sloping hillside, the careless daubs of carmine paint suggesting flowers rather than depicting them in lifelike detail. The brilliant red of the blossoms contrasts against the more subdued green of the grassy meadow, brightening the dull colors of sun-touched summer grass and rendering it more lush and verdant seeming. The woman, her face hidden by a wide straw hat, holds a parasol carelessly in one hand, allowing it to droop uselessly over her shoulder.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.

This message was originally posted in The Empaths, Empath related Events and Empath Lore. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/13/120/900/view/1126