Updates 10/08/2003 10:14 PM CDT
Hi guys

Some smallish things to report here, but I know that as a player, I loved knowing about what was going on, even if it was small; hoping you do as well.

Baron's Guard: As of right now, they should no longer be killing Guardian Spirits. Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulty after this point.

Paladin Sentries: Are still being worked on, so the update regarding GS does not yet affect the sentries. Please continue to exercise caution with your GS around the sentries. Many thanks to GM Ssra for both of these developments.

Two bug reports that were submitted to my attention:
1) A suggestion was given to change the name of a scroll seen during a certain activity. After some consideration, we've elected not to change the name of said scroll. And yes I'm being purposely cryptic.

2) The mugs of water from the Crossing lounge, previously converted miraculously to bottles when finishing the liquid inside, have now been instructed that they are to remain mugs.

Public Shift Event/Policy proposal (Plat/Prime): Has been submitted for review/approval. At this point, I will not be updating further on the status of this. When things start happening, they'll start happening.

Manipulation Discussions: Sufficient time has passed at this point. Please feel free to discuss manipulation as it relates to circle, skills, etc. on the message boards. In the appropriate place, of course.

What's next?: Aside from assorted longer term projects which I'm not discussing yet, we continue to update, study and rework various portions of the Empath Guild. In addition, I will be assisting in some capacity with Kaith Kirm this time around. There are a few other smallish things I hope to update you on shortly. Stay tuned.

GM Reexa

Updates 11/08/2003 09:06 AM CST
Hi guys

I actually meant to post this earlier, and I hope to go back and comment on some other things that have come up as well, but I've been felled by the evil cold/flu thing that's going around, so anything beyond this post may have to wait a couple days.

Anyhoo...

Following are some updates on some things that have been brought up in weeks past. Just wanted to keep you up to speed on stuff.

Someone (I believe it was Miki?) asked about Manipulate and shock: This is something that will be addressed when we start looking at things. We don't have an ETA on when that will be, nor do we have information at this time regarding how we are going to be addressing it. But it is on The List.

HeartLink: The issue regarding HeartLink and what happens when people log off is going to be looked at. Please keep in mind that this does not necessarily mean that it will be changing; but it will be looked at.

Empath Reqs: No ETA on them yet, folks. I know you guys are anxiously waiting for them, but they are still in the review process. We'll let you know what we can, when we can.

Paladin Sentries: As GM Ssra noted, they are undergoing more changes than just the GS update. The updated version has not been released yet. We'll let you know when it has been.

Spellbooks: Yay, we found someone to take a look at it. With all the things going on right now, this may take some time (yes, I know you've been waiting a long time already). We know it's been frustrating guys. Thanks for bearing with it.

Concentration/Manipulation, and the implementation of a command to quick check it: has been passed on to the appropriate GM, but probably won't happen until DR2 because some things need to get rewritten in order for it to work. But it's in the right hands.

:)

That's it for now; more coming when I can stop coughing.

GM Reexa

HSN Release: Transference Updates 08/24/2004 11:30 AM CDT
In a few minutes, we will be rolling in some major changes/updates for Empaths regarding transference. Please note that an in-game announcement will be made (and NEWS updated) when these changes go live. Currently, these changes are live in Plat and Prime, TF will follow probably tomorrow morning.

For those interested, please log in your empath when the go ahead is posted and test these changes. Feedback is appreciated, especially if you notice anything "off".

The Changes:

1. The dependence on circle for experience awarding has been taken away. There is now a strict multiplier to award experience for healing.

2. Partial transfers have been reworked. You no longer need perfect concentration to be guaranteed success. In addition, there is now a point when partial transfers become guaranteed no matter what. As a review, partial transfers in order of difficulty are: half, part, most. In addition, it is easiest to partially transfer vitality, then wounds, then scars. I have also implemented a small experience bonus for transferring a wound partially.

3. I have implemented a help prompt for TAKE & TRANSFER. Just type TAKE or TRANSFER by itself to see the usage screen. You may also type TAKE SYNTAX, TAKE HELP, TRANSFER HELP or TRANSFER SYNTAX to receive the information.

4. Your skills will now influence how much of a wound you can take in a gulp and also how quickly you take it. Without using any speed modifiers (see next point) you can now take wounds in as little as 10 seconds (it used to be 20 seconds flat). Poison and disease are included in this change, but transferring them at lower skill levels has become a slightly lengthier process.

5. I have added some additional functionality to the transference system. You may now transfer SLOW, NORMAL, or FAST (You may also use QUICK for FAST and CAREFUL for SLOW). If no speed modifier is selected, NORMAL is the default, this is the speed you've been transferring wounds at for a while. Using NORMAL or FAST modes will result in a slight bonus to experience.

6. The need to spell out the patient's full name has been reduced; it should check to see if the person is in your room before telling you that you cannot heal them. Also, I have tweaked it so that the bank commands when
using TRANSFER should only appear in banks.

7. The forced pain messages when transferring (You grimace in pain, etc...) are now able to be trained away. It works off of your discipline and stamina, and the upper limit is quite high, though it scales up for wound
amount. Please NOTE: This also reduces auto-falls! At higher amounts of skill, you will no longer automatically fall to the ground when you transfer a heavy wound!

(Additional Note: This does not affect falling down from missing limbs. Thus, empaths--all players, in fact--will still tumble to the ground with broken legs, or drop items if their arm/hand gets destroyed in some manner.)

8. Modified the effective skill calculation for transferring poison and disease to use skill by itself (it no longer takes circle into effect).

With the changes to transference, snap-breaking of links will not be as easy as it was before. The process has not become any more difficult, just that you now might be taking more of the wound in each gulp.

We will be monitoring the system in the next few days to make sure that all of the experience is being awarded properly and sufficiently, and we will make tweaks as necessary.

-GameMaster Obseden
Empath Development Assistant

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
Non-Bleeding Bleeders and System Updates... 08/12/2005 04:55 PM CDT
Due to the recent outbreak of wounds that should be bleeding but haven't been, I've been reviewing code to find out what's going on. While I don't claim to have isolated every cause of this problem, yet, I have found and fixed two major issues.

1 - Murrula's Flames cleric spell
2 - Nissa's Binding empath spell

These two spells both resulted in the removal of bleeding wounds that would not resume bleeding again without external influence. Both have now been fixed, effective immediately, in all instances.

If you continue to notice non-bleeding wounds that should be bleeding, please go ahead and assist about it, and we'll see if we can't track down any further proximate causes.

GameMaster Towint B'niyvyl

This message was originally posted in The Empaths, Healing Systems. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=17&topic=18&message=1011
Re: Non-Bleeding Bleeders and System Updates... 08/21/2005 09:23 PM CDT
We think we've finally found and squashed the remaining major causes of the recent outbreak of wounds that should have been bleeding but weren't. For those who are interested, it was related to the recent appearance of the Cursed Ship now sailing the seas of Elanthia. We had some words with her Captain and it shouldn't be happening anymore.

GameMaster Towint B'niyvyl

This message was originally posted in The Empaths, Healing Systems. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=17&topic=18&message=1012
Updates and the Con 07/18/2007 11:40 AM CDT
Hello all,

In one big hurrah before the 'Con next week, I decided to do a status update for myself.

1. Shift/Features. The new system is out and, no, I'm not happy with the difficulties either. However, I will be making adjustments to those prior to the 'Con so I can monitor for a few days. I will also be looking at the guild boot issue and I still have one other issue with the background system I need to track down. On that note, if you ever get the "There is a problem with the Shift system. Please try again in a few more minutes.", please send me an email (dr-obseden@play.net) as soon as possible. I will be setting it up to automatically notify me soon, but until then, please let me know.

2. Shock Quest. Not going to be out before (or during) the 'Con. I still need to go back and refine the quest and get some more information.

3. New Titles. Not expected prior to the 'Con, but all depends on how quickly the titles are approved.

5. I will be the only (to my knowledge) Empath GM at the 'Con for DragonRealms. Please be gentle. I will be available for the pertinent roundtables and such, but I haven't made my exact schedule yet. Also note that, unlike Adera and Auriane, I love Starbucks (Venti Mocha Frappucino, NO whipped cream).

6. Oh, and fear my camera and notepad.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Manipulation Updates 03/01/2011 01:32 AM CST
Tonight I'll be releasing some updates to manipulate ability. This isn't the rewrite -- I just wanted to get the system into a more usable state for now, so I made some small changes that will hopefully make it usable until I can really turn my attentions to it. Among the changes:

1. Manipulate now teaches empathy better. It's nowhere near healing, but it should teach better than perceive health, as a rule. However, since manipulate is a combat ability, this means that the Empath's empathy must be challenged by the creature they are manipulating in order to learn.

2. The number of creatures an Empath can manipulate at once is now limited to two. This was a compromise for me to make it teach better. I wanted it to balance fairly well at level, so I had to cap the number of creatures you can manipulate.

3. Empaths can now stop manipulating a creature they have manipulated. You can choose to stop all manipulations (MANIPULATE STOP ALL or MANIPULATE STOP EVERYTHING) or you can stop manipulating a specific creature. (MANIPULATE STOP THIRD LEUCRO)

4. If the creature and the Empath are not in the same room, the manipulate link breaks. Fairly straightforward.

5. Empaths can no longer manipulate constructs. Manipulation is an application of empathy, and requires a life essence to work. Constructs do not have life essences, so manipulation does not work on them. It never should have worked at all, but manipulation was not updated when constructs were initially released.

6. The concentration cost has changed. There is now a small initial concentration hit for manipulating something. Then, a certain amount of your concentration is 'allocated' toward manipulating that creature, for manipulation purposes only. This means that the concentration stays in your pool, but in order to manipulate, you must have the concentration to allocate toward manipulating the creature in question. Clear as mud? Excellent!

7. Help messaging is now hopefully more helpful and reflects the stop changes.

I think that's everything. Please respond via the link below with questions/feedback/comments.

Melete

This message was originally posted in The Empaths, Responses to GM/Official Announcements. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=23&topic=2&message=4820