Wound Stealing 03/25/2012 02:49 PM CDT
I've come back after a long time. One thing that frustrates me is I don't have the heal scripts, so I heal by hand, trying not to overheal (which I've done 9 times in 2 months).
My gripe is that I start on a patient & by the time I go back to the next bunch of owwies, another empath has cleaned my patient up! All I need is empathy & it gets stolen.
Another gripe - empaths that steal MY wounds & I don't get the magic from cleaning up.
Please tell me what to do about it?
Re: Wound Stealing 03/25/2012 03:26 PM CDT

>> Please tell me what to do about it?

I'd start by whispering the empaths and asking them to stop. Explain your situation. Most empaths are nice, they choose the empath guild for a reason.

Secondly, I'd build a quick "take" script. You can find examples here: http://scripts.whistlethis.com/search.php - search for empath take scripts. You'll probably want to put a take partial in there somewhere.

Thirdly, get a gweth and start asking if anyone needs an empath. My experience is that people are willing to tip a bit more generously, or give you boxes they'd have to leave behind, for an empath that comes to them.
Re: Wound Stealing 03/25/2012 06:21 PM CDT
I agree. You're probably dealing with Empaths who just have never been taught how to share. Best way is to start talking with them to educate them. Most probably won't realize that what they're doing is against the agreement of sitting in an area and healing. Some will still heal your patient's wounds and yours, etc. Just learn to not bother with healing in that instance since they're just there for themselves. You can also get into an empathy class.

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: Wound Stealing 03/25/2012 07:27 PM CDT
>>Acynarian: I don't have the heal scripts, so I heal by hand, trying not to overheal (which I've done 9 times in 2 months).

Which front-end do you use? There are options.

>>Acynarian: Another gripe - empaths that steal MY wounds & I don't get the magic from cleaning up.

Setting your demeanor to reserved or cold prevents other people from healing you (while you're alive). You can also change your demeanor toward Empaths. (This only works for Empaths who have their profession flags on.)

DEMEANOR [RESERVED/COLD]
DEMEANOR [RESERVED/COLD] EMPATH

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Wound Stealing 03/25/2012 08:35 PM CDT
lol Acy, I'm sorry.

You're pretty much complaining about me here, I'm sure. It's sweet of you to not mention me directly, but I'll be honest and admit it. I do both of these things. You mentioned it once so I left you alone with the stealing your wounds to pick on you part.

As to healing others.. I'm not sure how many other Empaths are doing this to you, I know I might have done it, but not on purpose?

If I see you in the infirmary, I'll definitely ask if you're healing before I snatch up some people, or give you a nudge or something. <3

---
Inauri
Re: Wound Stealing 03/27/2012 04:03 PM CDT
Thank ye dear, I am just appaled that it happens. Wasn't like that, back in the day. I'm jes tryin to play a clean game.

Acynarian

Thank ye Nissa for allowing me this gift.
Re: Wound Stealing 07/02/2012 12:04 PM CDT
>> All I need is empathy & it gets stolen.

Perceive health. Walk around a city with NPCs in it and perceive health when in the room with one. If you need a script on it, email me at my play.net addy and I can hook you up.