Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 06:35 PM CDT
Is there a way to tell how long your empathic shock will last?
Re: Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 06:37 PM CDT
No.
Re: Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 06:57 PM CDT
<<Is there a way to tell how long your empathic shock will last?

A lot of it depends on what you did.

What did you do? :)

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 07:30 PM CDT
good hit to a Celp with a bastard sword, never killed it. I thought I was running my efight script, instead I was running my Barbarians fight script. Suffice it to say that I renamed my fight scripts.
Re: Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 07:36 PM CDT
<<good hit to a Celp with a bastard sword, never killed it.

Well, my accidental jab at a snowbeast that missed took 8 IG hours. Might be time to get all that foraging
you've mean meaning to do in.

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 08:01 PM CDT
Its been YEARS since I've gauged shock duration so I may be somewhat off here.. if you got heavy shock it shouldn't last much longer than a day maybe two at the most.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Empathic Shock 08/15/2010 11:47 PM CDT
i cast arc light on gargs ( bugged the issue since the shock should not have happened ) and it was prolly 25-30 hours logged ig for the shock to wear off. much love to friends willing to log in my empath and baby sit her.
Re: Empathic Shock 08/16/2010 12:10 AM CDT
I had that exact same thing happen shortly after returning to the game. I assisted and they were nice enough to remove my shock. They'd said it was a known bug that had been posted about, but on my quick read through of the forums upon my return I didn't see mention of it.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Empathic Shock 08/16/2010 06:01 AM CDT
>>I cast arc light on gargs ( bugged the issue since the shock should not have happened ) and it was prolly 25-30 hours logged ig for the shock to wear off. much love to friends willing to log in my empath and baby sit her.

Sorry to hear that. Getting shock always stinks. It seems due to it naptha lighting component it is considered to be a harmful spell. However, regardless of that it seems that just casting the spell can get you shock even against constructs like the gargoyle you cast it on. I'm not sure if they'll fix that or if it's just going to be recommended that empaths stay away from the spell. Hopefully when the magic rewrite comes out things like this will be fixed.

Khorgar ~ Doesn't like shock
Re: Empathic Shock 08/16/2010 10:53 AM CDT
i had posted about it and assisted i.g. and it wore off about the same time they were going to fix it. (<3 for friends willing to babysit me to get the i.g. hours)

definitely a known bug and one they are working on and the gm's were really great about it, so no complaints there.

(i do something to earn a happy little shock often enough it really is not a huge deal )
Re: Empathic Shock 08/16/2010 11:16 AM CDT
>>I'm not sure if they'll fix that or if it's just going to be recommended that empaths stay away from the spell. Hopefully when the magic rewrite comes out things like this will be fixed.

We're still looking into the issue, but for now, if you're using arc light against constructs, be sure to specify the target each time. The bug seems to crop up if you use the AoE aspect of the spell. AoE harmful spells are pretty risky business for Empaths -anyway-.

You're right about the naphtha thing, which is why it can't be switched to non-harmful, like dazzle.

Melete
Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.
Re: Empathic Shock 08/17/2010 02:15 AM CDT
My shock ended after a few hours. That's a relief. Renamed my scripts.