stealing from empaths 10/07/2008 03:33 PM CDT
i haven't seen this come up in a while, so i thought i would mention it, since it happened recently. during an invasion, while in triage, i had about 4 plat lifted off of me. i had just gone to buy new gweths and instead of running to the bank first, i ran to triage, and in the mess and noise, some one was kindly liberating people of their money, i am sure it was to reduce encumberance...

i have never been one that has said that empaths are special and should be protected. if i am carrying a bunch of money and it gets stolen, then it is my own fault, just like if i pick a fight, i would never do it under the assumption that i am an empath and people shouldn't kill me, at this point, if i am truely fighting with some one, not in a spar situation, i am going into it assuming i am going to get my butt handed to me. the ONLY time i think empaths should be protected from theft is during triage, when healing. it is noisy, and messy and chaotic, we are busy healing and trying to get people back out the door, and it is when we are at our most vunerable (which, i get, makes us the best targets).

so... please, feel free to attempt to rummage my pockets, just not when i am healing a bunch of dead people, give me a chance to catch you.
Re: stealing from empaths 10/07/2008 03:51 PM CDT
You can ask a Cleric to drop a Meraud's Commune on the Triage spot -- this raises the holy mana, makes the area a safe room, and prevents stealing.

The safe room aspect has the added benefit of preventing triage from being outright overrun. Of course, a banner of truce does this also. There are pros and cons to using both, but if your triage isn't likely to move, maybe ask a Cleric to commune the area, the worst they're likely to do is say no.

Dragonrealms Tourney Calendar: http://tourneydr.com
Re: stealing from empaths 10/07/2008 03:56 PM CDT
>>i am carrying a bunch of money and it gets stolen, then it is my own fault

>>i had just gone to buy new gweths and instead of running to the bank first, i ran to triage

Obviously, taking on wounds/scars and potentially killing yourself was a lot more important to you than 4 plat. Why, then, are you complaining that you lost something you didn't care about?

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: stealing from empaths 10/07/2008 04:24 PM CDT
She was saying that helping out was more important to her then the money. That isn't saying that money is not important.
Re: stealing from empaths 10/07/2008 04:40 PM CDT
honestly, i would rather heal in an invasion than worry about what ever money i have on me, and i was not complaining, as much as putting out a request and looking for suggestions on how to avoid the situation for myself and others in the room. (thank you very much by the way) i guess i needed to be clearer.
Re: stealing from empaths 10/09/2008 11:24 AM CDT
I second the idea of asking a cleric to do Meraud's commune. Some clerics won't want to do it because it is a drain on devotion and some philosophically don't like the idea of preventing stealing but I personally enjoy using it for that reason, and under most circumstances would be glad to do it.

Flavius

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: stealing from empaths 10/09/2008 01:23 PM CDT
I believe a paladin's Banner of Truce yields the same results and creates a 'no-stealing' environment.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: stealing from empaths 10/09/2008 01:52 PM CDT
>> I believe a paladin's Banner of Truce yields the same results and creates a 'no-stealing' environment.

Pretty sure it doesn't.

Rev. Reene

"Enlightenment is like the moon reflected on the water. The moon does not get wet, nor is the water broken. Although its light is wide and great...The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass."
- Dogen