Rad! 08/31/2007 09:47 AM CDT
>perc health
You close your eyes, drawing all your thoughts inward, and then slowly reach out to sense the life essences of those around you...

You sense:
The presence of a street urchin.
You sense (N) from your current position:
The presence of a town guard.
You sense (NE) from your current position:
The presence of a scrawny newsboy.
You sense (E) from your current position:
The presence of a shadowling.
Roundtime: 9 seconds

I'm finally noticing non-empaths in the rooms around me, woohoo.

Empathy: 163 06.17

There is no "i" in team.
But there is an "i" in pie.
There is an "i" in meat pie.
And meat is an anagram of team.
Re: Rad! 09/01/2007 12:08 AM CDT
Grats!

-Desperado Clemency Apollonia, Journeyman Empath of Elanthia

>prod raccoon
It might be a bit safer if a young raccoon was dead first.

SEND[Reexa] :::whine::: go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Rad! 10/30/2007 11:36 AM CDT
I guess I assumed all empaths could perceive health. When does an empath start perceiving people in the same room at levels that teach empathy?

Thanks.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Rad! 10/30/2007 02:42 PM CDT
>When does an empath start perceiving people in the same room at levels that teach empathy?

perceiving others -
empaths: (first time I tried @)
25 combined PP and empathy (2 and 23)
Notes: Had to spam it, but eventually, it'd take.

NPCs:
130 combined PP and empathy (67 and 63)
Notes: Got NPC's and other non-empath players some of the time.

Hope that helps you out a little. As the notes say - I had to spam perc health a little bit, but eventually, I'd get a lucky roll in the beginning there. Wasn't too long after that that other empaths came more consistently.

~Chris
Re: Rad! 10/30/2007 03:14 PM CDT
The notes I found when looking back the other day were:

50 ave. (100 combined) PP/Empathy for PC Empaths
75 ave. (150 combined) for NPC Empaths
100 ave. (200 combined) for non-Empath

Didn't find my notes on when others have mentioned 2 rooms, 3 rooms, etc.

Asbhuan in Plat
Re: Rad! 10/30/2007 04:45 PM CDT
>>When does an empath start perceiving people in the same room at levels that teach empathy?

Starting at 20 ranks of Empathy and 20 ranks of PP (plus modifications per wounds and stats, possibly some other stuff, plus transient bonuses from predictions, CJs, and so forth), but hopefully that's not a hard minimum and could theoretically be, say, 10 ranks of Empathy and 30-40 ranks PP. Regardless of when it starts to teach, however, it's going to stay at learning for a very long while so it's not really viable in the face of other methods (ie, healing, classes).

The order of categories goes like this:

Empath PCs
Non-empath PCs
NPCs
Details (disease, poison, dying state/extreme low vit, etc)

Within most categories is at least one subcategory which isn't initially available but is mastered before the arrival of the next broad category:

Empath PCs
hidden Empath PCs
Non-empath PCs
hidden Non-empath PCs
NPCs
hidden NPCs
Details (disease, poison, dying state/extreme low vit, etc)

Rank breakdown is on what appears to be 25-rank blocks of averaged skills between Empathy and PP where both skills are at least equal to each other (see above thoughts that this specific instance of equal ranks might not be the actual requirement but it definitely holds true all the way up to 125 average).

25 average -- empaths
50 average -- non-empaths
75 average -- npcs
100 average -- details
125 average -- one room away, empaths <--Symphaena Prime is in this category
150 average -- one room away, non-empaths (presumed)
175 average -- one room away, npcs (presumed)
200 average -- one room away, details (presumed)

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Rad! 10/30/2007 05:20 PM CDT
Neat. Never knew that. Thanks for the info.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Rad! 10/31/2007 10:41 AM CDT
Interesting data Lofton. Next time you have Symph in Plat and I have Asbhuan in let's check a few things. He's way out of whack between Empathy and PP because of his hunting.

D
Re: Rad! 10/31/2007 11:15 PM CDT
>Details (disease, poison, dying state/extreme low vit, etc)

Just to flesh this out a little, and the list is in no particular order...

Disease
Poison
Dying state (can also auto-sense this under the right conditions, but that's another story)
Moderate vit loss
Extreme vit loss
Presence of Parasites

And next, of course, is sensing all this on hidden people.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Rad! 11/04/2007 09:32 AM CST
Well, outside of continued testing to nail down what sort of weighting might be at play, I can confirm that PH operates on a raw average of the skills and not some kind of double-minimum system. 12 empathy and 38 PP before I could pull it off, though another initiate was able to do it with a 21 average.

Re: Rad! 11/04/2007 01:01 PM CST
Well, based on what I recall about previous testing in this area, I'd want to see a bunch more data points before confirming that.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Rad! 11/04/2007 08:24 PM CST
>>Well, based on what I recall about previous testing in this area, I'd want to see a bunch more data points before confirming that.

Ok, I can get that going. What kind of test do you envision, and what sort of data do you think needs to be included?

ATM, I have a test (zmud script) going that tracks the results of a PERC HEALTH performed every 10 seconds, and dumps each result into a text file. Each line will look something like this:

9PP4E, 11/4/2007 8:45:34 PM, none

First part is ranks in PP and Empathy. Second part is the date and time of the attempt in CST/CDT as appropriate. Third part is all the various type categories that are found in that attempt. Because of the danger involved, this does not include hidden NPCs so all occurrances of "An unidentifiable presence." are hidden non-empath PCs.

Wound-free and stats will remain unchanged.

We can compare stats and maybe set up controls for that if others want to join in, but aside from this any suggestions or thoughts?

Re: Rad! 11/27/2007 10:51 AM CST
> First part is ranks in PP and Empathy. Second part is the date and time of the attempt in CST/CDT as appropriate. Third part is all the various type categories that are found in that attempt. Because of the danger involved, this does not include hidden NPCs so all occurrances of "An unidentifiable presence." are hidden non-empath PCs. [J'lo]

Wow - data analytics on a text based game. I play to have fun :(

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

A cutthroat gasps, "I can't get UP!"

A shadoweaver breathlessly whispers, "Raudhan, come dance with me!"