Taking part/half/most 02/14/2004 04:56 AM CST
How much empathy is needed for a controlled transference? I know a lot of us have run into the situation where a patient asks to reduce the severity of a bleeder, but we cannot because at xxx ranks of empathy the entire wound would be taken in one empathic tug. Is it meant to be so difficult? At mid expert I sure have had no luck.

"Anyone who spends a significant amount of time with me finds me disagreeable."

~Purehand, Lord of the dance and overhealing
Re: Taking part/half/most 02/14/2004 08:29 AM CST
Over 450 isn't enough either ... at least not in my experience.
Re: Taking part/half/most 02/14/2004 09:23 AM CST
<<Over 450 isn't enough either >>

I think that sounds broken. Perhaps if we all bug it IG on the same day, they'll fix it... I cant think of any reason 450 ranks in Empathy shouldnt at least be able to get it right most of the time. Hecks, its not even like the excuse that too many people would be able to do it fits. To have over 450 ranks in our main skill means are at the skill level of at least a circle 80 Empath. As of about 6 months or so ago, as best I can recall, circle 100 was as high as anyone could even circle to! So, it makes absolutly no sense that someone only 20 circles away from the highest any guild leader would let them get doesnt have the skill to take only part of any wound.

-Etrina

Empaths are the key to a healthy fun online game....you make them mad we all suffer
-Arjen-
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/15/2004 02:08 AM CST
Any chance the controlled transference is slated for renewals? I forgot to ask the last time you guys asked for comments or feedback. I don't know how I forgot about it...but we've asked not too long ago anyhow. I've long wished that this worked better. Wouldn't you think that over 400 empathy would be enough for something instilled when the best of us had no more than 200?

::grin:::

Amorisse

_____________________________________________ "It's not easy being green." ~Kermit

Want change your colors? Contact me via AIM: Amorisse1
Send email to littlegoldhalo@yahoo.com for shifting/price list.
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/21/2004 04:14 PM CST
Actually, i think at circle 22 (100 ranks) you should be able to get some degree of control constantly. maybe only part of the wound. then as your control grows you can take half then most.

0-99 ranks transfer only the whole wound
100-199 transfer "some" added
200-299 transfer "half" added
300+ transfer "most" added

Wheller

No good deed goes un-punished!

P.S. I know, opinions are like xxxxx, everybody has one.
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/22/2004 10:43 PM CST
>Actually, i think at circle 22 (100 ranks) you should be able to get some degree of control constantly. maybe only part of the wound. then as your control grows you can take half then most.

>0-99 ranks transfer only the whole wound
>100-199 transfer "some" added
>200-299 transfer "half" added
>300+ transfer "most" added

>Wheller

Good idea, but I think it should be the reverse of what you propose. It'd be more logical if the finer control of transference required a higher degree of skill. It could go like this:

0-99 ranks take whole wound
100-199 ranks take most added
200-299 ranks take half added
300-399 ranks take part added

But actually, I can't think of a useful application for a half-way transfer. 'Take most' I can see using when healing a deader to make sure you don't transfer all of a useless wound and kill yourself, and 'take part' of course would restore the ability of higher level empaths to reduce bleeders.

I've never successfully done a controlled transfer, but I'm hoping it acts like a throttle on the speed you take a wound, not just as a brake (or BREAK). What I mean is, I hope it makes the amount of wound taken per healing pulse smaller, not just impose a cutoff when a certain percentage of the wound is transfered. Could someone out there who's actually done a controlled transfer post which it is?
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/22/2004 10:48 PM CST
I've done a few successful controlled transfers in the past, though it took several tries. Most of the time I just get 'wild', which pretty much equates to part.

I'm not sure but I believe it actually equates to a certain percentage of a wound. I have done um...Any testing whatsoever.

- Player of Miki & Cael

J>whisp talian <3 http://members.socket.net/~cjolliff/reene/asl.jpg
You whisper to Talian.
>
Talian whispers, "Mah picture!!"
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/22/2004 10:49 PM CST
That should be 'have not done'. D'oh.

- Player of Miki & Cael

J>whisp talian <3 http://members.socket.net/~cjolliff/reene/asl.jpg
You whisper to Talian.
>
Talian whispers, "Mah picture!!"
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/23/2004 02:45 AM CST

I can see an argument for the logic of what Wheller proposed.

The topic of the argument? Momentum.

Someone could argue that for an Empath, getting into the flow of transferring a wound, bringing a wound down to a place where it is SO close to being completely healed...and then being able to stop yourself at that point, might be harder than only healing for just a moment.

I can see your point as well, but I can see the point of view for the other side as well.

Regards,
player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/23/2004 09:05 PM CST
Well for the heck of it I tried doing a half transfer today on a nice big bleeder, and it worked the first time! Of course that was the only time I got it to work in seven or eight attempts ;)

But it seemed the pulse size was the same as when I take wounds normally. That's a pity to be sure--older empaths should have the ability to reduce bleeders, not just our guildmates young enough to take very little wound with each pulse.
Re: Taking part/half/most--Jzara and Reexa? 02/24/2004 06:25 AM CST
I agree! I can transfer an entire bleeder in a single pulse. I have no way of just lessening one from deep slashes to deep cuts.

Posted by Yazegi
Spokesman for and drinker of rum