extreme over-hunting 05/30/2016 12:44 PM CDT
Hey Gang,

What are some good choices when attempting to do some extreme over-hunting as an empath? Not just putting inno up and making tea but actually surviving aggression. Also, at best, how many ranks could you over-hunt by? So with say, 300 average defenses and all the right choices, how much higher could you go on the hunting ladder? Self buffed only.

Which cyclical spell?

Which magical research?

Which type of armor?

I assume you'd want 100% evasion, 100% parry if no ranged, 100% shield if ranged, 0% attack.

Which two scroll spells?

Any fest/quest items that would help?

Stat priority? Stamina vs reflex?

Does POP do much?

Thanks Crew!
Re: extreme over-hunting 05/30/2016 12:51 PM CDT
Just a polite suggestion, but when you're overhunting as an empath, it implies a huge ability to survive, but little to no killing. Consuming a ton of critters can ruin spawn for the rest of the area, and I've had to leave several mid-level hunting grounds entirely when an empath and her crew rolled in. No critters stinks.
Re: extreme over-hunting 05/30/2016 08:08 PM CDT

I don't really understand your question. You hunt as high as you can survive, or as high as you can kill. Empathic damage output is limited by A ) Manipulate, B ) GS, or C ) TM/Weapons. Manipulate has a super generous range, but you probably can't grab 2 critters without your Empathy being roughly on par to the critter range. TM is a secondary skill, so probably isn't going to be strikingly higher than your Evasion (also being a secondary skill). Weapons are never going to be particularly potent relative to your other skills.

PoP is pretty amazing, but it's ablative, so isn't going to last you long if your MO is just hanging out in situations you can't survive.
Re: extreme over-hunting 06/05/2016 11:59 AM CDT
"No critters stinks."

I'm with you on that one. I've canceled my account plenty of times after being infuriated with others hogging all the spawn. Long have I been a fan of just increasing spawn amount for all critters to at least 4 per hunter to alleviate this issue. It seems like an obvious solution to me.

I don't plan on hogging all the spawn on my empath either. I just wanted to know how someone would tune an empath for maximum survival. My empath is currently in togballs, working weapons. He kills them as fast as they come in.

Effects on spawn from manipulate need a serious look. Maybe keep manipulated critters at melee with the manipulator?
Re: extreme over-hunting 06/05/2016 12:23 PM CDT

> Maybe keep manipulated critters at melee with the manipulator?

Please no. That would be a problem with innocence. I'd rather manipulate count as a kill. Have it respawn another creature with a timer.