Rock Guardian Xpost 01/20/2011 07:56 PM CST
I figured I'd crosspost this from creatures - Constructs as I'm sure many don't peek at that folder.

Can we check the spawn and treasure rate for rock guardians? They had their old granite loot switched to the new system with treasure 2.0, and for something in the 200-300+ range they only drop 3-6 silver per kill. Nothing to skin, no boxes, and to make it worse they aren't tied into the nice new treasure system (treasure maps, scrolls, etc).. everything else I have seen that is a coin/gem critter is tied into treasure.

The spawn is also awful.. I have been alone in there and seen 5-6 minute gaps in between single spawns even trying to move around.

These account for a large part of the construct ladder right now.. please poke someone to look at them! Thanks!
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/20/2011 08:03 PM CST
I have been meaning to at least ask about the spawn for a while. I'll see what I can find out. If I haven't posted an update in a week or so, poke me here again.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/20/2011 08:08 PM CST
>I'll see what I can find out.

Ah your the best thanks!
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/27/2011 11:44 AM CST
>I'll see what I can find out.

Wanted to bump this...

Have you been able to look into guardian treasure/loot possibilities? As a critter that doesn't have skinning or boxes they drop terrible coin/gem amounts for their difficulty level.. and are also not in the treasure system <no treasure maps :( >.

They are the heart of the empath 200-300 construct ladder, and by heart, I mean the entirety of. Thanks for any bump you can give!
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/27/2011 07:10 PM CST
I am investigating the matter. Thanks for reminding me. It may take me a bit to hear back about it, but I'll let you guys know one way or the other.

Melete
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/27/2011 11:42 PM CST
Empath only, baller wealthy, rare drops, skinnable, boxes, spawns 4-per hunter. It's so simple.

~ Purehand
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/28/2011 04:08 AM CST
>Empath only, baller wealthy, rare drops, skinnable, boxes, spawns 4-per hunter. It's so simple.

Acceptable!
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/29/2011 08:58 PM CST
Thanks to the creatures folks and the P1 folks (and awesome QCing folks), I got permission to increase the spawn. This is live in all instances.

I bumped it up some. Let me know how it feels to you guys.

Jury is still out on the treasure.

Melete
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/29/2011 10:58 PM CST
Awesome, heading down!

>Jury is still out on the treasure.

I'll volunteer for jury duty.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/29/2011 11:14 PM CST
>I bumped it up some. Let me know how it feels to you guys.
>Jury is still out on the treasure.

Thanks so much for getting this done for us. The spawn is certainly the more important of the two, it's really appreciated!
Re: Rock Guardian Xpost 01/30/2011 12:39 AM CST
Looks like it's 3 per hunter, but they are spawning faster and seem to be better at finding the hunter. Working out pretty well overall hunting solo. You can pretty much just let them come to you.

When someone is dancing with 4, hunting is still bearable for the second hunter. At least one of the two remaining spawn usually find their way into the room in less than a minute.

I imagine two people dancing with 4 would make it a little difficult for the third hunter. But, if I recall correctly, before the change just one person dancing with 4 would basically shut down the area.

Definitely a noticable improvement.

>A pile of rubble crumbles into dark minerals and sifts in between the cracks of the rocks until it's completely gone.

Did they do some wordsmithing too or was that always the decay messaging?

Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.