My First Kill 01/02/2011 03:55 AM CST
Long to short - I was hanging out today in the Crossings watching some people spar and what not near the empath guild. This guy decides to start casting on me, and when he realizes it isn't as easy as expected to get me with 10 other spells, he starts casting burn while I'm healing people. I slept him two times before this, and the last time, I called off my avenger so as to not kill him. Then I told him the next time, I won't call off the avenger. At least it was a good final blow! I've edited out the extraneous stuff:

<b>[Empaths' Guild, Infirmary]</b>
You also see a dark mahogany door, a large white cabinet and a bucket of viscous gloop.
Also here: Lucky Aokage, Aumaru and Trauma Prodigy Rejind.
Obvious exits: east.

You come out of hiding.
You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You notice the vague silhouette of [MOONIE].

[MOONIE] reveals himself.
[MOONIE] gestures at you.
A brilliant beam descends from the sky and shrinks into a tiny point centered on you.
The air around you solidifies into a brilliant yellow glow, pulsing brightly as it resists the attack.
The beam produces an unsightly burn on the chest, but nothing serious.

[MOONIE] raises his arms skyward, chanting.

You notice [MOONIE] slip into a hiding place.

You gesture at [MOONIE].
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
Aesandry Darlaeth loses cohesion, returning your reaction time to normal.
Red tendrils shoot from your fingertips and arc towards [MOONIE], wrapping themselves around his limbs.
Roundtime: 5 seconds

Rejind blinks.

A brilliant beam descends from the sky and shrinks into a tiny point centered on you.
The air around you solidifies into a twinkling yellow glow, pulsing brightly as it resists the attack.
The beam produces an unsightly burn on the abdomen, but nothing serious.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

[MOONIE] raises his arms skyward, chanting.

Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have minor swelling and bruising in the chest area.

You reveal yourself.
You gesture at [MOONIE].
You link your heart's rhythm to [MOONIE], and feel his heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.

The air around you solidifies into a twinkling yellow glow, pulsing brightly as it resists the attack.
The beam sizzles the chest's flesh until it crackles like a bonfire!

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You hear someone chanting.

You reveal yourself.
You gesture.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
You feel [MOONIE] fall under the effects of your spell.

You also see a dark mahogany door, a large white cabinet and a bucket of viscous gloop.
Also here: Warlock [MOONIE] who is sleeping and Trauma Prodigy Rejind.

Rejind says, "Nice one."

Rejind says, "So that's what that spell is for."

With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.

You turn to face [MOONIE].

Aumaru comes out of hiding.
Aumaru applauds.

The alfar avenger begins to advance on [MOONIE].

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on [MOONIE].

You mutter to yourself.

Aumaru looks at you, praising you and supporting you with his approval.

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at [MOONIE]. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that exposes bone along the entire left arm and spatters blood everywhere, barely stunning him!

A pure white alfar avenger slices wide at [MOONIE]. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that rips away the adams apple and exposes the larynx, dealing him a vicious stun!

You say, "I guess there was bound to be a first kill for me."

[MOONIE] looks more lethargic.

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at [MOONIE]. The blade lands a devastating hit that rips through muscle and organs, cutting the foe cleanly in half!

* [MOONIE] is slain before your eyes!
[MOONIE]'s body jerks suddenly, then goes limp.

With a sad look, a pure white alfar avenger nods and trots off.

Also here: the body of Warlock [MOONIE] who is lying down, Aumaru and Trauma Prodigy Rejind.

You hear the ghostly voice of [MOONIE] say, "Thank ye, now the consent is over."
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 07:09 AM CST
Woohoo!

>You hear the ghostly voice of [MOONIE] say, "Thank ye, now the consent is over."

Also, LOLwut?

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 11:30 AM CST
> Also, LOLwut?

Yeah, not sure. Also, he whispered that the next time we met, he wouldn't be that easy to take down. Heh.
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 11:37 AM CST
> Also, LOLwut?

Nothing like "grief"ing an empath, then playing policy. It truly is the things that dreams are made of.

>facepalm
You slap your palm to your face. Hard.

Also...

Protip: In PvP with an empath if they get the heart link off, you have one and only one option. RUN. Run as fast you can to the nearest safe room. Avoid drag, join, etc and RUN! It's not classy, it's not very manly, but it's all ya got.
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 11:50 AM CST
>>In PvP with an empath if they get the heart link off, you have one and only one option. RUN. Run as fast you can to the nearest safe room. Avoid drag, join, etc and RUN! It's not classy, it's not very manly, but it's all ya got.

And here I always thought empaths were harmless. Heh.

Jim
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 12:06 PM CST
>Protip: In PvP with an empath if they get the heart link off, you have one and only one option. RUN. Run as fast you can to the nearest safe room. Avoid drag, join, etc and RUN! It's not classy, it's not very manly, but it's all ya got.

Unless you're over 400ish ranks of effective defense where even a 150th circle avenger won't be able to touch you, sleeping or not.
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 12:27 PM CST
>>Disphoria: [MOONIE] gestures at you.

This wouldn't happen to be Fazu, would it?

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 12:42 PM CST
> This wouldn't happen to be Fazu, would it?

Mayyyyybe :-P
Re: My First Kill 01/02/2011 01:02 PM CST
>>Disphoria: Mayyyyybe :-P

Lucky guess. Fazu (also known as Illidion and Haubet) continually tries to goad his enemies into a reportable offense and then immediately reports.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: My First Kill 01/04/2011 12:08 PM CST
I love the IC'ness of him saying consent as well. Lame.