Storm Bull vs Empath 08/07/2010 10:48 AM CDT
I'm thinking it's a bull. How tough can a bull be?

You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Gift of Life spell.

You harness some energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth butterfly.

A storm bull thunders into the area with a grunting snort, razor-sharp hooves digging into the ground.

The storm bull begins to advance on you!
The storm bull is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.

The alfar avenger begins to advance on a storm bull.

You focus your magical senses on a lopsided pink drunken pixie butterfly.

The storm bull closes to pole weapon range on you!

The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on a storm bull.

The storm bull closes to melee range on you!

* Driving in like an unbeatable force, a storm bull lowers its horns and charges with a loud bellow at you. You fail to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The body lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that pierces clean through the abdomen and out the back (Shiskabob!).

Your cambrinth butterfly falls to the ground.

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on a storm bull.

Moving in with powerful grace, a storm bull charges wide at a pure white alfar avenger. A pure white alfar avenger badly fails to block with a black blade. The body lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that skewers a perfect hole between the shoulder blades (Heart Burn!)! The storm bull bellows in triumph, tossing a pure white alfar avenger's body with its horns.

A pure white alfar avenger shrieks and licks its wounds, then gestures. Sparkling blue motes dart around it as it transforms into a deep cerulean butterfly that takes to the skies and flutters away.

A storm bull tosses its head and snorts. Brilliant sparkles of electricity play across its coat.

A shimmering ethereal shield surrounds a storm bull.

A storm bull paws at the ground with a silvery hoof.

<<You have a severely bloated and discolored abdomen appears oddly rearranged compounded by a completely destroyed abdomen with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole.

You say, "I think it's just a flesh wound."

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Storm Bull vs Empath 08/07/2010 11:15 AM CDT
nice! Storm bulls pack a bunch. I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you're doing Gargoyles. Several hundred more ranks of evasion/shield and you'll be right as rain!

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Storm Bull vs Empath 08/07/2010 01:25 PM CDT
*Put another hash mark in his book of Illcram's many deaths*

Khorgar ~ Just keeping record now
Re: Storm Bull vs Empath 08/07/2010 02:05 PM CDT
The word death seems too tame for what has been happening to me. Slaughtered maybe.

A huge thank you to Asperity for coming all the way from Shard to drag my dead butt to Leth and to Takh for coming to raise me and to the War Mage who sent his panther to find my rotting corpse in the middle of nowhere (was it you Sorecemar?). Everyone ran off before I could properly express my appreciation.

It is really wonderful that so many people will take time out to help someone dumb enough to get close to a creature four to five times over his abilities.

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Storm Bull vs Empath 08/07/2010 02:34 PM CDT
I wouldn't call it dumb. That use to be half what this game was about. Exploring and trying new things. There was a time when none of us knew the exact ranks to take on a critter....someone had to try it for the first time. Sometimes it's fun to delve in not knowing. Today we know so much it takes away the mystery we use to have.

No harm in trying to preserve that a bit.

Khorgar ~ taking notes
Re: Storm Bull vs Empath 08/07/2010 04:44 PM CDT

(((((You say, "I think it's just a flesh wound."))))

Thank you!

Folk like you are what keep me coming back to DR. I always enjoy your posts but never take the time to say so. After this one today I just had to thank you for making me laugh out loud in the middle of the meeting I was suppose to be paying attention to:)

Working on Saturday stinks...reading the forums while working makes it better.