hunting frustration 06/25/2010 01:42 PM CDT
I am trying to work combats but i am having a horrible time doing it. i am sure that i am just doing it wrong so help please.

my shield/leathers/evasion/multi are all 180-210 (shield is the highest) and i have close to 190 in brawling. i can dance with 3 black leucros with out an issue, and the 4th is fine with sop and ags. but then i go to rock guardians and get my butt handed to me if i let the 3rd get in too close and i just kinda nick them slowly. i want to train my weapons (2he, me and ht) but i can't hit them yet and boggles are too small to train anything else...

AND! you have to type in the creature name every time you want to hit them and i get the "you feel sick" message for trying to hurt something about half the time.

what am i doing wrong?
Re: hunting frustration 06/25/2010 02:19 PM CDT
Ok if you need to head to granite gargoyles.. not rock guardians. I'd recommend splitting your time between granite gargoyles for those weapons and something else nearby to train defenses + passive brawling.

If you came to Ilithi you could train your weapons very well with the gargs and then go right next door into the woodlands with red leucros to work those defenses. You would want to be careful in there though without 200+ defenses. Rock guardians are more the 200-275 range for weapons so gargoyles will fill in 50-125 .. 125-200 or so is clays up in Rakashville.

Hope that helps.

The feel sick message is just the way it is for now unfortunately. It's a safety measure to prevent unintended shock but one that can get tiresome.
Re: hunting frustration 06/25/2010 02:28 PM CDT
As far as training your other weapons thta are too high for boggles you can hunt gargoyles for those. Guardians are higher up the ladder than you're ready for at the moment. I had the same result of light hitting them to death around your ranks. Next step down from the guardian constructs are the clay ones in Lang. I never get the "you feel sick" as long as I type in the critter's name. Its there so we don't accidentally get empathic shock by attacking something on accident. It can be annoying, but I'd rather type a few extra keystrokes than sit around for days with shock. Also make sure you haven't set yourself to avoid brawling maneuvers if you're having a problem doing that. If you're not wanting to make the trip to Lang for the clay constructs you could always sleep the guardians til you get your skill up.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: hunting frustration 06/26/2010 12:50 PM CDT
When you get your defenses/multi to 220 or so, 4 guardians should be ok. The by 250 they won't touch you.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.