Questions 08/18/2019 09:19 PM CDT
At 10th Circle, I was taught to take Poison and Disease. I have both spells needed to cure them. At 20th Circle, and 90 lessons of Empathy, I still get the message that the Poison resists my efforts. I have tried to do Take (patient) Poison, and Transfer (patient) Poison, with no success. Am I just too low in Empathy?

Shift - When characters are created, they are usually Young. Can SHIFT reduce a persons apparent age to Child, and if so, how many SHIFT's will it take?

Thank you.
Re: Questions 08/18/2019 09:29 PM CDT
Poisons and diseases have varying difficulties depending on how strong they are. There was some poison or disease not too long ago (I think related to the Maelshyve thing) that even some really skilled Empaths couldn't take so it's likely just because of your Empathy skill being too low compared to the poison you're trying to transfer. You'll get there eventually.

I don't know if you can revert a person to look like a child or not. I'm going to suspect not. The threshold for 'child' is 14 for most races, 17 for elves so it would take how every many years away from that they are in shifting sessions. If they're 54, it'd take 40 sessions to get them down to 14.
Re: Questions 08/18/2019 10:51 PM CDT
>>ALSAHRA: At 10th Circle, I was taught to take Poison and Disease. I have both spells needed to cure them. At 20th Circle, and 90 lessons of Empathy, I still get the message that the Poison resists my efforts. I have tried to do Take (patient) Poison, and Transfer (patient) Poison, with no success. Am I just too low in Empathy?

Some poisons and diseases are significantly more challenging and will require more empathy to transfer.

>>ALSAHRA: When characters are created, they are usually Young. Can SHIFT reduce a persons apparent age to Child, and if so, how many SHIFT's will it take?

"Young" is as young as characters can be made to look. It is not possible to shift characters to look like children. The youngest you can make a PC look is about 18 years (but may vary slightly). You know you have reached the minimum age when you try to shift, and it says, "[player] already looks as young as a fully developed [player's race] can."

This article has a list of age ranges for each race: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Age

GM Cordulia
Re: Questions 08/20/2019 08:03 PM CDT
Cordulia,

Thank you for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, is this a "Mechanics Issue", or was having a PC look Child-like a "Concern" when Shift was released, and if so, do these same concerns still apply?

AlSahra
Re: Questions 08/23/2019 09:11 PM CDT
>>ALSAHRA: Thank you for your reply. If you don't mind me asking, is this a "Mechanics Issue", or was having a PC look Child-like a "Concern" when Shift was released, and if so, do these same concerns still apply?

While I can't speak to the motives of the staff members who originally made this decision, we have policy concerns about allowing player characters to look like children.

GM Cordulia