perceiving the plant 08/31/2012 11:41 PM CDT
At the meeting today platside <it was pretty much the same as the one in prime>, I found out that there is a skill check involved in what message you recieve when you perc, then focus on the vela'tohr plant as an empath.

This is the messaging I got with both my plat-side and my prime-side empaths: with
>per plant
You perceive a faint aura of Life energy exuding from the large plant creature. It does not seem to be a strong magical entity, but its properties would suggest that it is more than a simple, mundane weed.
Roundtime: 15 seconds
>focus plant
You reach out and lay your hands upon the vela'tohr plant's stalk, closing your eyes in concentration.

You sense what could be a faint aura of Life energy clinging to the vela'tohr plant. Your senses seem clouded though, perhaps by some other type of energy.
Roundtime: 10 seconds

with 219 empathy, 197 Pp plat, and 312 empathy, 244 pp in prime. However, when i check it with my TF empath, i get the following messaging:

<same for perceive - but for focus:>
>focus plant
You reach out and lay your hands upon the vela'tohr plant's stalk, closing your eyes in concentration.

You reach out with your mind, worming into the very center of the plant's spirit in an attempt to draw out information.

A sense of great despair is laden upon the spirit of the creature. A severe hissing noise overcomes your senses, much like the plant itself often emits -- this, however, sounds more like a grove with thousands of them. A feeling of loneliness seems to emanate from the plant-beast, although tinged with some relief.

Your senses continue to reach further -- through the plant and to the place of its origin. The hissing noise falls silent, as if the creatures have suddenly ceased to exist. You feel a tinge of conflicting Unlife energy wash through your bones, quickly wrenching your hands free from the plant.
Roundtime: 30 seconds

This is with 464 empathy, 407 pp.

I was hoping perhaps this could be tested to narrow it down to find out exactly what the numbers are for the check - and whether it is empathy, power perception - or a combination of both.

Thanks!

>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: perceiving the plant 08/31/2012 11:54 PM CDT
I believe there's at least one more step in the vision, as several people were talking about a dwarf or something.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: perceiving the plant 09/01/2012 12:05 AM CDT
>>I believe there's at least one more step in the vision, as several people were talking about a dwarf or something.

All hail Elanthipedia?

Melete
The naphtha soaking a pure white alfar avenger bursts into flame with an explosive WHOOOMPH!
Re: perceiving the plant 09/01/2012 12:34 AM CDT
the dwarf might be clerical.

here's what i get with cleric platside & TF: <221 pp> & <258 pp> as my prime cleric is inbwtween these 2 numbers i assume he will have the same <he's out in fang cove, nowhere near crossing>

You perceive a faint trace of Life energy clinging to the vela'tohr plant, but sense the odd being has some sort of Holy significance as well.
>focus plant

You strain to focus your senses inward upon the vela'tohr plant, drawing at its very center for information. You manage to touch upon the faintest trace of some indiscernible energy before your concentration snaps and your consciousness rejoins the world once more.

by the way, the plant will have to be updated for 3.0, as the messaging in test was quite inconclusive. But I guess the skill test is based on Power Perception, due to that.

So , anyone want to test the numbers and see what results? thanks.

By the way, does the nectar do anything?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: perceiving the plant 09/01/2012 07:48 AM CDT
>All hail Elanthipedia?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Vela%27tohr_Plant

All hail E-pedia indeed.

I checked it with my 64th cleric last night (with magics more like 90th circle). I got the "Advanced Cleric" results, except I got the ringing for a bit longer than 7 times. I think I got it for like 12 times or so. After I checked I went straight into a bead carving and it lasted about the entire length of a bead carve, so probably 3-4 minutes.

I tried it with my Initiate Necro, but guess he's just too low in PP/Magic to do anything. He got nothing when he tried sensing. I mean literally nothing.

>>focus plant

>

And that's it. PERC PLANT does even less, I get 0 messaging.

>By the way, does the nectar do anything?

It's been creating nectar for at least a decade of RL time, as I was getting the stuff when I was an Initiate Empath back in 2002 since it was the best mana for a low-PP Empath. Just a strange food/drink as far as I know (you EAT it IIRC, but messages like it's a drink) with some various messages about how tasty it is.

I'll add some stuff to the E-pedia page, it hasn't been edited in awhile.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: perceiving the plant 09/01/2012 08:48 AM CDT

another thing it seems to do is drop flowers on occasion. I got one, and they can be preserved <& worn> with the flower preservative potion sold by the florist north of mags.
/---
Leucius
Re: perceiving the plant 09/01/2012 02:12 PM CDT
>>I tried it with my Initiate Necro, but guess he's just too low in PP/Magic to do anything. He got nothing when he tried sensing. I mean literally nothing.

With ~600 in all magics I got nothing with my Necro. Which was probably for the better at the time, but you know.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: perceiving the plant 09/01/2012 06:56 PM CDT
>another thing it seems to do is drop flowers on occasion. I got one, and they can be preserved <& worn> with the flower preservative potion sold by the florist north of mags.

I included that in my E-pedia edit. I waited around the plant for awhile to try getting the nectar messaging, but didn't get one. Haven't included that or the messages for eating it.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear