Stats Help 03/29/2011 12:44 PM CDT
So I just hit 50th circle and would love some insight from the bigger, older, smellier empaths (you know who you are) out there as too where I should focus my TDP training. For the record I'm a tog.

Strength : 24 Reflex : 24
Agility : 24 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 30
Intelligence : 34 Stamina : 36

My Charisma is obviously super low, but I can't think of a single reason to raise it. Although it wouldn't be to hard to bring it in line. I do plan on the slow process of training up my combats soon.

Thanks in advance,

smashytooth
Re: Stats Help 03/29/2011 01:04 PM CDT
Charisma modifies how well you teach, WvW (every stat contest in 3.0), your Guardian Spirit, your Shift options, manipulate, and MO penalty you apply to foes engaged by both you and your avenger.

Its most definitely worth more than a lowly 10 ranks to an Empath.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Stats Help 03/29/2011 01:43 PM CDT
Currently charisma is one of my favorite stats as an empath. Sure it helps with all that teaching, but the impact on GS, shifting and manipulating are quite obvious when you have a decent amount.

I would highly advise much more than 10. (Even though I will admit just to make my GS stronger until 3.0 I have put a bit too much into charisma).
Re: Stats Help 03/29/2011 05:10 PM CDT
And a 3rd time...

Charisma. That is all.

NMUs are not people. -GM Armifer
Re: Stats Help 03/29/2011 05:13 PM CDT
I fourth the motion - Charisma is my favorite stat, you can bargain down items at stores, get more money for your gems and skins and it is SO helpful with so many Empathic things. :)
Re: Stats Help 03/29/2011 07:07 PM CDT
I disagree with the four prior posts, haha

Why should smashytooth have a high charisma? Unless he's a well-spoken, good-looking, bathed Tog, then by all means, increase his charisma.

On the other hand, it could be fun to RP an empath who fails at a lot of the charisma-based empath stuff.

In the end, it depends on where you get your enjoyment from. Do you want all the options available to you, even though smashytooth probably wouldn't really have them? Or do you want to be true to smashytooth.

Up to you, mate.

P.S. This entire post only applies if smashytooth is your empath, and he is indeed a Tog. Otherwise, ignore it. xD
Re: Stats Help 03/29/2011 07:31 PM CDT
Yeah, pretty sure if his intent is to train strictly according to rp and self-imposed limits, he wouldn't be asking for training advice.

In general, the most common advice is to to focus on stats that have racial advantages and/or play to guild strengths, while not neglecting any stats. I still shudder when I think of the Barbarian that kept INT at 6 because it didn't directly affect any abilities he used.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Stats Help 03/30/2011 12:27 PM CDT
I would raise mentals and charisma. Staple stats of all of my empaths.

Magus Adakin of Prime

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.