quick question 10/08/2010 02:34 PM CDT
Is the heal spell worth it? Ive been gone a while and have two new spell slots open.

Thanks
Re: quick question 10/08/2010 03:00 PM CDT
You know what, before your post I forgot it even existed. HW/HS are pretty effective and regenerate/FOC fill the heal over time and instant heal niches. It's probably a bit more useful than sprout, but that's about it. Perhaps it has some use besides being a weaker FOC.. the only thing I can think of was when it was originally released they said it would seek out the most critical wounds first as compared to FOC's system order healing.

If there's something you'd rather take I'd say go for it..I never see anyone use it.
Re: quick question 10/08/2010 03:49 PM CDT
Heal is a prerequisite for FOC and FOC of course is one of the best spells ever. FOC is the only reason I chose Heal. You also have to be 30th to get FOC.

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: quick question 10/08/2010 04:20 PM CDT
>>DISCOTEQ20: Is the heal spell worth it? Ive been gone a while and have two new spell slots open.

Before they released PERCEIVE HEALTH SELF (thanks again, GMs!), I used Heal to clean up invisible internals. Now, I rarely use it. However, as Illcram mentioned, Heal is a prerequisite for Fountain of Creation, so you will eventually want to learn it.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: quick question 10/09/2010 01:06 PM CDT
If you want to be really lazy about healing like with Regen, but still train PM like with HW/HS its super easy to write a script that loops PREP HEAL 15;HARN 15;CAST until you get the you are completely healed messaging.

Not the greatest benefit, but its there.
Re: quick question 10/10/2010 11:59 AM CDT
i like heal in combat, when i start getting nicked up i will cast it to clean up a little and keep going. i also use it after foc to clean up the leftovers. i don't use it a ton but it works in those situations.
Re: quick question 10/11/2010 12:56 PM CDT
>Is the heal spell worth it?

I only use this during invasions when I'm healing in triage, but when I use it, I use it a lot. Since often those invasion creatures like to target (or seem to like to target) a couple specific spots, I just cast a couple HEAL spells while I am assessing the next corpse to tackle or picking up non-lethal wounds. Because the HEAL spell chooses the worst wounds and scars to heal first, I'm not trying to juggle scroll trying to see my own health, I just let the spell do the work on that. For me, while the FOC stun would knock me over and break links, I don't care for the idea of being stunned when Things Are Going Down.

Especially since the Events GM's are sick little puppies that like to send baddies into triage locations when they see banners have gone down...:P

That being said, I rarely use HEAL outside that specific circumstance. Maybe an occasional cast in combat if I am worried I might have enough wounds to cause an FOC stun.

Kythryn
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" - Satchel Paige