Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/10/2010 09:58 PM CDT
Does anyone know how I can help my chances of not putting myself to sleep when I cast NB on critters? Basically I tried a snap cast HL on a Gargoyle then fully prepped a 20 mana NB and still slept. This isn't easy to test without someone to constantly drag me from the hunting ground.

Does more mana help? (though I backfired 25)
I have 250+ PM/Harness
30 or 32 In all 3 mental stats and Charisma.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/10/2010 10:07 PM CDT
You're not putting enough mana into it.. I usually use 29 mana.. I think the cutoff is 26 or thereabouts to not get slept by it. If your backfiring it means you need more magic skills before you'll be able to use it in the manner you want to.
Re: Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/10/2010 10:13 PM CDT
I don't know which clerical spells Nissa's Binding compares to for difficulty- But you should be able to pull off a 26 mana cast fairly soon.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/10/2010 11:12 PM CDT
I first cast NB and stayed awake at 22. That's either the minimum or very, very close to it. You should be able to cast it at 22 with your skills, since I'm pretty sure I did it the first time around 245 or so (with similar stats).

-Nesra
Re: Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/10/2010 11:53 PM CDT
i minimum prep it, harness 20 and wait for it to fully prep and it usually goes off fine. the patience is the part i struggle with.
Re: Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/11/2010 07:13 AM CDT
You can also pre-cast or keep Awaken up. It has its limitations though and can take more than 1 pulse to wake up (or come out of a stun). Usually getting attacked will also wake you up, although not immediately.

Asbhuan
Re: Nissa's Binding, Critters, and You 09/24/2010 11:02 AM CDT
I prep min and wait for it to nearly finish preparing, then harness 7 twice. So a total of 24 for me. The minimum is around there.

Been doing that since something like 232 ranks. Though TBH, I don't use NB all that much, because of the horrendous delay. I usually use snapped Lethargy or snapped/+1 harness round innocence.

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear