Compendium 04/11/2009 08:51 PM CDT
So my non-empath is using a compendium.

First Aid: 88 50% learning
Scholarship: 98 95% mind lock

Is this normal?
Re: Compendium 04/11/2009 09:03 PM CDT
In my experience with compendiums, yes. You have to be able to read through each chart to learn FA well, which isn't until about 125-150 ranks in scholarship from what I have seen.
Re: Compendium 04/11/2009 09:05 PM CDT
Depends on how you are using it. Only the first Study teaches FA. Subsequent Study teach Scholarship. Final read teaches Empathy+Scholarship.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Compendium 04/11/2009 09:07 PM CDT
I just started reading a compendium (non-empath) myself.

Read each page once.
STUDY COMP
TURN COMP
repeat

With about 70 in FA I can get bewildered with a 10 page compendium.
Re: Compendium 04/11/2009 09:22 PM CDT
My trader in Plat has a compendium- and she locks both FA and Scholarship on it. But then, she turns the pages and studies each one, and tends to get full studies. For a while she was regularly locking Scholarship first, back when she had only about 50 FA and 90 or so in scholarship. Now she has about 140 and 210 respectively.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Compendium 04/11/2009 10:06 PM CDT
You can only learn FA from the first study of each chart, until the compendium resets which is 20 minutes. Studying the same chart more than once before the timer ends (which can happen if schol is low enough to not get a full study), teaches scholarship only. Perhaps that is what you ran into?
Re: Compendium 04/12/2009 12:31 AM CDT
>>You can only learn FA from the first study of each chart, until the compendium resets which is 20 minutes. Studying the same chart more than once before the timer ends (which can happen if schol is low enough to not get a full study), teaches scholarship only.

You have some misconception/misinformation going on here.

True: you learn FA on the first study
Fact: you also learn FA on the clarity study if you don't get clarity on the first (seriously, use a favor orb if you don't believe me)

True: 20 minute timer
Fact: if you don't reach clarity (on purpose or because your skill won't let you no matter how many times you study the chart), the timer is only 3-3.5 minutes long
Assumption on my part: there is also a timer for clarity that is apparently much, much longer (our methods are different enough that I don't hit this timer at all while you do)

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Compendium 04/12/2009 07:03 AM CDT
I just split the 18 charts into two compendiums, 9 in each.

Get my other compendium
turn my comp
study my comp
stow my comp

This method got my empath (one of them) over 600 FA/scholarship

Currently with my new empath 378 FA, 454 scholar
Moonie: 318 FA, 576 scholar
Barbarian: 362 FA, 428 scholar

The empath numbers are the same for both my prime and my TF empath, the other two characters are in TF. Scholarship numbers are somewhat inflated I think because of classes and in the case of the moonie, studying sigil scrolls.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Compendiums 05/06/2009 09:06 PM CDT
Been gone a while, did they ever give us a way of removing charts from compendiums? Or are we still stuck with it once its in there?
Re: Compendiums 05/06/2009 09:13 PM CDT
Compendiums + Charts = 4ever

-liiililillliili-
Re: Compendiums 05/09/2009 07:37 PM CDT
Weren't we also suppose to get more upper end charts. We have 13 races all at the same level. But we have only one of everything else. Getting two or three (or 10) of each level of chart would make learning from them at upper levels alot nicer.

As it stands right now reading all the charts I'm lucky to get empathy to thoughtful, and first aid and scholarship to perplexed. I can, on rare occasions, read the Lach chart. The rest I can read with little to no difficulty. Bit more first aid and scholarship and they aren't going to teach me at all. Anyone else having this issue?

Field Surgeon Mordibar

>touch zombie
You gingerly touch an unctuous Rakash zombie. In your professional opinion, it isn't only merely dead, it's really most sincerely dead!
Compendiums 11/15/2009 04:44 AM CST
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. you put your charts in your compendium, and then

study compendium

no other trick right? I have 81 in scholarship and it just doesn't seem to be doing much if anything. I can get the leucro chart almost right off maybe in 1 or 2 tries, then I turn to the elven chart (I am an elf) and I just study.. over and over again. Is there a timer or something I should know about? please help!

Thanks,
A.S.
Re: Compendiums 11/15/2009 04:57 AM CST
<<no other trick right? I have 81 in scholarship and it just doesn't seem to be doing much if anything. I can get the leucro chart almost right off maybe in 1 or 2 tries, then I turn to the elven chart (I am an elf) and I just study.. over and over again. Is there a timer or something I should know about? please help!

Yup, you guessed it. There's a timer on each chart so just study once then turn the page and study the next one. If you have a decently full compendium, by the time you get back around to the first chart, the timer should be up.

Hope that helps!

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Compendiums 11/15/2009 07:16 AM CST
Make a match for "having a difficult time comprehending the advanced text" to flip to the next chart, you'll still get FA experience from the first read.
Compendiums..again 02/02/2011 07:38 AM CST
Hey all, you've probably heard this question a million times, but what is the difficulty listing of anatomy charts from easiest to hardest, i am an Elf. i supose the first two are : Silver Leucro, Elf
Re: Compendiums..again 02/02/2011 07:47 AM CST
Pretty much by price. All racial charts are the same price so with the exception of your own race, they are all about equal.

I suppose (and this is just a guess with no empirical data) a Prydaen might have an easier time with Rakash when in moonskin) and Skra charts because they are all tailed but I think the difference is negligible. Or maybe humans/Kaldar are a tad bit more equivalent. Maybe even gnome/halfing. But I doubt it.

After the racial charts, the next hardest can be determined by price. I just replaced the leucro chart with the snow goblin one for one of my characters. But anything higher that than isn't worth the effort.
Re: Compendiums..again 02/02/2011 08:31 AM CST
See also:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Anatomy_charts

Not 100% but close. There seems to be some variance by mental stats as well.

Please note you learn the most when you study successfully. You hardly learn anything (if at all) when you fail. If you're starting to understand the chart, you need to get to the fully understanding message to get the most UMPH for your study.

Also I hate you Lanky Grey Lach chart.
Re: Compendiums..again 02/03/2011 10:03 PM CST
compendiums, how quaint.

Player of Frediwyn