Does Annael have shock? 03/09/2005 03:41 PM CST
Seriously... How many empaths has she cut with that rusty dagger of hers... I can't even cut a rat without getting shock, so I'm guessing Annael either has some insight she's not sharing or she is permanantly in a state of shock, in which case, how can she heal it after she cuts you!

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/09/2005 04:15 PM CST
Considering Annael hasn't used anything to cut anyone for a very long time, it's a bit of a moot point now anyway.

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/09/2005 04:24 PM CST
That's what manipulate in the hands of a master looks like, Souv. I wouldn't be surprised if she could raise caravans out of the mud just by waving an arm at it.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/09/2005 06:46 PM CST
>That's what manipulate in the hands of a master looks like, Souv. I wouldn't be surprised if she could raise caravans out of the mud just by waving an arm at it.

I know! The new Guild Leader is going to be Yoda!
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/09/2005 08:46 PM CST
Oh, come on, dude! You at least gotta be original! The new GL's name is NOT going to be "Yoda", it's going to be "Dayo". And if not that, maybe it'll be Hans Suelo. :)

Hmm, on second thought, we don't want it to be Hans Suelo. K'Hans sounds like it'll inspire lots of bad jokes (Who's your new guild leader? K'Hans. Gods bless you, but you didn't answer the question. Yes, I did, I said K'Hans. Gods bless you, and I'm still waiting. AARGH!)

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 07:20 AM CST
>>ask yoda about circle
GuildLeader Yoda pauses for a moment before saying "Practice empathy and teaching, you must. In addition, much more overall magic you must achieve before attaining circle 33. Use the Manipulation Force, Elavin."

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

You hug Farman who wraps his arms around you with a warm smile. He smells like clouds of sulphur mixed with ozone and melted toad intestines.

"Congratulations! You've won DragonRealms!"
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 09:04 AM CST
<<K'Hans sounds like it'll inspire lots of bad jokes>>

K'hans. Get yer Khalo spelling right. :::pokes:::

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 12:35 PM CST
She doesn't cut you anymore? what a ripoff.. I got cut, the rest of you youngin empaths should get cut too! Bring out the Gor'tog attendants

Souv

A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 12:35 PM CST
Too old you are Elavin. Yes, too old to begin the training. mmmmmm

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 12:57 PM CST
She hasn't cut folks for a long while, my love.

I could reroll you so you can test it for me just in case, though...

:::hums:::

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 01:48 PM CST
You can reroll me anytime you want Reexa, you just have to give me back 1.5 times my current ranks in every skill I have each time you do it after I'm done testing whatever you want tested :) or you could give me an extra hundred ranks of empathy and I'll roll up another empath to do your testing and play them for a while

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 03:24 PM CST
:::checks the fine print:::

Nope, it doesn't say anything about that here.

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 07:06 PM CST
Reexa's been gettin kinda power hungry ever since pooks went away and was replaced with this fire-breathing dragon avatar..hehehe

Reexa, you goin to SimuCon, right?

You hug Farman who wraps his arms around you with a warm smile. He smells like clouds of sulphur mixed with ozone and melted toad intestines.

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/10/2005 08:38 PM CST
thems my terms Reexa, no terms, no rerolling the souv

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/11/2005 09:05 AM CST
Guess you'll just have to take my word that Annael no longer stabbity-stabbity's anymore.

And yes, plans are for me to go to Simu this year, though it's not set in stone yet.

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/11/2005 02:13 PM CST
She stabbity-stabbitied at me within the past few months! How recent is this change? And from what I've heard... she'd still have shock. Or, at least, scars. grin
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/11/2005 03:14 PM CST
She shouldn't be stabbity-stabbity for at least a year at this point. Her birds are now pecky-pecky.

I may need to roll up a newbie just to make sure she didn't sneak a knife back in behind the mandrake.

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/11/2005 06:46 PM CST
You know..I remember when being stabbed with the knife by the Drunk was a right of passage, now she's conned the birds into doing her dirty work.

~Villya, who still remembers her knife stab

I will Cast the First Stone..or Leave the First Mark..but I will leave a Lasting Impression
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/11/2005 08:27 PM CST
I'd definately check Reexa, I don't think it's been more than a year since I got stabbed... maybe... but doubt it

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/11/2005 11:19 PM CST
<<She shouldn't be stabbity-stabbity for at least a year at this point. Her birds are now pecky-pecky.

<<I may need to roll up a newbie just to make sure she didn't sneak a knife back in behind the mandrake. >> -- GM Reexa

I <3 Reexa

She's cute and also funny.

My new AIM screenname (find me)---> AmorisseDR

The Empathic Alliance (get shifted)--> http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Coalition.html

>Please pray for the Troops
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/12/2005 07:52 PM CST
Just rolled up a new empath to test a few things, so I can confirm Annael is indeed the master of the 'manipulate stabbity bird' skill:

>Annael looks up as an angry bird suddenly swoops down from its nest in the willow tree and pecks at your arm, causing it to bleed slightly
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/12/2005 08:48 PM CST
Thanks Farman.

The pecky birds should be what people have been seeing for a while, so you have been stabbed recently, I have no idea why that would have happened.

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/13/2005 01:20 PM CST
it's possible I learned the disease thing before the birds, but I still think that I shouldn't have been stabbed. I'm blaming my current evil tendancies on this particular event. I was wounded by and empath and I'm a victim, so you can't hold me responsible

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 09:14 AM CST
I'm recalling something when I learned to transfer poison on a circle...I can't remember if she forced some into me or if she poked me with something, but it was a long time ago, and I remember it surprising me.

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 12:09 PM CST
I think she poked you with a needle... again, that's what she did to me.. maybe she has the crow do it now... but I'm still crying foul for all you young empaths getting off lucky

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 12:56 PM CST
I think I got poked or cut too, but I can't remember very clearly, I wasn't paying that much attention to those details.
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 03:37 PM CST
So if Annael doesn't poke or cut anyone anymore... she should still have a scar until the quest comes out right? :-P

You touch Annael
You sense the lingering stain of empathic shock within Annael

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 05:06 PM CST
Who says she experienced shock? Those Khalo, you know...they know all kinds of things....

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 08:58 PM CST
Damn the Khalo! they're holding out on us again!

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 09:17 PM CST
>Those Khalo, you know...they know all kinds of things....

So...when does the Khalo pass on this knowledge of how to stabbity someone with a dirty knife, give them disease, and not get shock?? C'mon, pretty please?!?! Seriously, I -know- Annael stabbed me. But it might've been over a year ago. It was traumatic. I threw up a mental block of the whole experience. I'm surprised I remember how to take disease at all...

~ Gwynfydedig

Want to know more about the Battle Empath Council? Visit: http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/BattleEmpath.html
Confused about the Empathic Alliance?
http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Coalition.html
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/14/2005 10:47 PM CST
>>So...when does the Khalo pass on this knowledge of how to stabbity someone with a dirty knife, give them disease, and not get shock?

It wasn't the Khalo that stabbed you. It was Kalag spitting at you. You see, a long time ago he arrived in Crossings with naught but a pack on his shoulders and a steel sliver in his mouth. He eventually ran foul of the local brotherhood, and was brought before the Don to explain his improprieties. If the Don failed to be convinced, he would be put to death on the spot. Thus, so it was that Kalag stepped up before the don and spit in his eye. Amazingly, instead of growing violently offended at this breach the Don simply stood up, gave Kalag a funny look, and fell dead at his feet. When this happened, Kalag looked over his shoulder at the fellows who dragged him in and asked "any questions?".

Months later, Kalag found himself in quite a pickle. His insatiable appetite for festivities and debauchery thrust Kalag into a duel with a mage of no small water; though, Kalag was the only one to crawl away from that conflagration he was grievously hurt. His first thoughts upon awaking involved much jubilation that he was alive though soon enough his mood fell to a plentitude of curses and blackness, for while he was out cold a particularly inept empath had tended to his wounds. Scarred from head to toe, his mood grew blacker and cursing louder as he discovered he was missing half his toes, an eyeball was still dangling from its socket, his "mojo" (what the heck is that?) was missing, and his left arm was attached backwards at the shoulder, making him look as though he were waving hello to everyone he met. He couldn't let anyone see him like this, so he skulked his way to the empath's guild. He had been looking for a particular empath, and was much embarassed to be intercepted by the guild leader, Annael. However, he joyously discovered that she could put him to rights again. As thanks for her efforts, he offered her a figurine fashioned in his likeness with a steel sliver in its mouth and told her this tale. Forever after, he pledged to keep his skulks from bringing grief to her healers if she'd likewise agree to have her students listen to Kalag tell his tale. She has so pledged and to this day Kalag spits in the eye of every worthy empath.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/15/2005 05:44 AM CST
J'lo's post...

wow... that was hillarious... but one question... if Kalag spit on me, why didn't I die like everyone else?

Souv

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/15/2005 08:04 AM CST
If only I could give RPAs for board posts...

GM Reexa

Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/15/2005 08:12 AM CST
>>If only I could give RPAs for board posts...

::Bribes Reexa with brownies!:: Will that help? ;)

Player of far too many!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/15/2005 09:01 AM CST
>his "mojo" (what the heck is that?) was missing

Oooooh...does this mean Annael actually gave Kalag back his "mojo"?! I think I have a newfound respect for her...

~ Gwynfydedig

Want to know more about the Battle Empath Council? Visit: http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/BattleEmpath.html
Confused about the Empathic Alliance?
http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Coalition.html
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/15/2005 04:15 PM CST
>>Oooooh...does this mean Annael actually gave Kalag back his "mojo"?! I think I have a newfound respect for her...

Heh, dunno. One doesn't ask a lady if she handles other peoples' mojo, it's just not proper. Aside from that, I was using that as part of my literary license in highlighting just how messed up Kalag was.

>>wow... that was hillarious... but one question... if Kalag spit on me, why didn't I die like everyone else?

Kalag changed the agent to something much less potent (remember, it WAS a gesture of thanks). If Annael was going to be able to hold up her end of the bargain, she was going to need more than corpses to tell the tale to.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/15/2005 04:23 PM CST
>>If only I could give RPAs for board posts...

Oh, sure, put even more pressure on me. Not only do I have to find a way to introduce this in-game without hurting my chances of an RPA by making it sound like a mere parroting or screwing it up with ill-considered improv, now I've got to find the the proper time and place to do it. %80 of the proper times and places are going to be at story-telling events (talent shows, the arthe concert series, the bard mentor's story-telling circles, etc) and I generally can't make those.

Heh, that's ok, though. I do love learning more about my guild leader and those of other guilds, but not when I'm spewing potential insults (as opposed to just crazy-talk). :)

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/16/2005 04:38 PM CST
I've touched Annael before... was at a ball or something... anyhow, she has no shock scar. Anyhow, there you are.

Sorry, Purehand, she's not quite the woman of mystery as you thought.

My new AIM screenname (find me)---> AmorisseDR

The Empathic Alliance (get shifted)--> http://www.geocities.com/saerhyn/ESC/Coalition.html

>Please pray for the Troops
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/16/2005 07:24 PM CST
>>she has no shock scar.

And here you thought I was just telling stories. :)

J'Lo, clamping down on a big cigar and exclaiming, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
Re: Does Annael have shock? 03/16/2005 07:45 PM CST
>Sorry, Purehand, she's not quite the woman of mystery as you thought.

Your touch revealed but a pale whisper of what Annael is. The vicissitudes of her life are unknowable, even by the most patient and observant inamorata. Her resolve, however will succumb to my abiding advances. I SHALL KNOW THEE ANNAEL!

Collapses

Purehand is dead and in no condition to continue teaching you.

~Purehand