Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/22/2010 11:41 PM CDT
Seriously, what gave you the right to touch my Empath and start taking my pet bleeder away when I clearly wasn't asking to be healed? Please tell me this game isn't so slow that it forces Empaths to forcefully take wounds away just to earn experience without even asking.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/22/2010 11:46 PM CDT
>>EPOCH: Seriously, what gave you the right to touch my Empath and start taking my pet bleeder away when I clearly wasn't asking to be healed? Please tell me this game isn't so slow that it forces Empaths to forcefully take wounds away just to earn experience without even asking.

The irony is that Empaths don't get any empathy experience from healing other Empaths.

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/22/2010 11:57 PM CDT
He/She was sweeping the hunting rooms for injured hunters. While I appreciate that gesture, it would be nice if people would practice some etiquette and ask before touching someone. It would be pretty obvious why an Empath bleeding hasn't bothered to cast a spell on it, wouldn't you think?
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 02:05 AM CDT
>>EPOCH: While I appreciate that gesture, it would be nice if people would practice some etiquette and ask before touching someone. It would be pretty obvious why an Empath bleeding hasn't bothered to cast a spell on it, wouldn't you think?

My guess is that this Empath simply touched you without bothering to look at you.

While I agree with you about wound etiquette, there are some things that you can do to reduce unwanted healing:

Identify yourself as an Empath by turning on your profession flag (seen only when someone LOOKs at you) and wearing an Empath pre-title (visible in the room description). Most Empaths know that they don't learn anything from healing other Empaths, so even if they are in the bad habit of healing without asking, they'll skip you.

Set your demeanor to reserved or cold: This is the most extreme solution, as it prevents all Empaths from touching you. If you have slots in your friend list, a less extreme option is to BEFRIEND [NAME] RESERVED/COLD. (Caution: having a reserved or cold demeanor prevents others from dragging your corpse; you can't change your demeanor while dead.)

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 08:22 AM CDT
>>(Caution: having a reserved or cold demeanor prevents others from dragging your corpse; you can't change your demeanor while dead.)

That seems kind of broke to me.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 09:03 AM CDT
My demeanor was set to cold on my most recent death and I was able to be dragged and healed. I should do some experimenting with that. Wonder if I could find anyone willing to kill my empath...? LOL.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 12:37 PM CDT
>>DGUTHRIE2: My demeanor was set to cold on my most recent death and I was able to be dragged and healed. I should do some experimenting with that. Wonder if I could find anyone willing to kill my empath...? LOL.

It's been a while since it happened to me, so maybe they've fixed that?

If you want to test it, IM me on SarkranisDR. We'll need a Cleric unless you're willing to depart.

Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 08:33 PM CDT
This is all very dramatic.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 10:43 PM CDT
he probably either thought he was being helpful, or you were afk, or just does not give a crap. not one is a good excuse and too many empaths think that it is okay to just heal people with out asking because they think they are doing a good thing. i do not use any empath titles and i do not think you should have to so that rude people do not touch you with out consent.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 11:29 PM CDT
This thread makes me want to go around stealing bleeders.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/23/2010 11:40 PM CDT
This is the kind of thread Villya used to spice up a bit. Nowadays, it's oatmeal.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 10/24/2010 08:05 PM CDT
I wish more Empaths would wander through Togballs and randomly heal me.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 12/01/2010 07:44 PM CST
I play my empath as a wound thief and have only once taken a bleeder someone wanted to keep (compensated with plats). I don't heal people that ask for it and more often than not heal from hiding (though if someone states they are dying I take it as an invitation to steal their wounds). I have healed empaths (combat empaths) before (knowingly) and often am healed by empaths without them asking if I want to be healed. I prefer the exp from healing my wounds but honestly if an empath heals me without knowing I'm an empath then my rp has worked to a small degree.

I think there should be an "avoid heal" option as well as customizable "touch" messaging or at least more options other than just your demenor. I also think patients should be able to break a link if they want to.

Few Examples:

~touch billybob slight
"You descretly brush your hand past Billybob's arm"
"You feel a slight tingle as x brushes your arm as he walks by"

~touch billybob polite
"Bowing politely you reach your hand twards Billybob offering your healing touch"
"X bows politely to you offering his outstretched hand. CONFIRM HEAL to continue"
"You bow/curtsy to x and feel a slight tingle as you take his hand."

~touch billybob force
"You forcefully grasp Billylbobs wrist"
"x forcefully grasps your wrist feeling a slight tingle" would provide concent

I don't know... just more options.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 12/01/2010 09:42 PM CST
I think I've run into your character before, and if it's my character you're "stealing" wounds from there's several things that could happen.

If you touch my empath without my permission, I'll probably put you to sleep for a very long time and drag you someplace that I think the critters will kill you quickly.

If we actually have dialogue, I'll find a reason to send my avenger after you and kill you as directly as I can.

If you're "stealing" wounds from a patient of mine, (unlikely because I don't heal patients very often) you would have to be on your toes cuz I heal really fast. I'll say something, and then find a reason to send my avenger after you and kill you as directly as I can.

If I feel like I've got other things to do that are more important to my self centered character, I'll probably walk off and do them. I don't need the empathy, or the fees that I charge. If you start healing a prospective patient before they agree to my fee, that works out really well for me and I can go about my business.

Other than that, I like your suggestion. I would love to be able to avoid being touched, hugged, or healed. My demeanor is already set to cold, which solves a few of those issues for me, but it would be nice if a character could refuse an empath if they didn't want to be healed for whatever reason.

- GM Raesh
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 12/02/2010 03:49 AM CST
Actually I think you did send your avenger after me, you just called it off before he could attack. My character sees what he does as stealing and as such if he is killed for it that is just part of the job.
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 12/02/2010 04:29 AM CST
Interesting approach to playing your character. I like it.

- GM Raesh
Re: Who here is Medic Marbas? 12/02/2010 04:49 AM CST
It might not be normal or even close to how he should be played but it keeps things interesting.