Really? 08/04/2010 02:37 PM CDT
You were nearly dead. I have saved you and now I'm nearly dead and you can't wait a couple of minutes for me to heal myself up a little bit before I take time out to accept your tip?

Really?

You can't see the growing puddle of my blood collecting around your feet?

Really?

REALLY?

What? I'm in The Crossing?

Oh.

Never mind.

- Illcram The Evil Empath

Please rephrase that command.
Re: Really? 08/04/2010 02:42 PM CDT
>>CRAMNEVETS: before I take time out to accept your tip?

#trigger {offers you a tip of} {#send accept tip}

Teilan: PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this.
Re: Really? 08/04/2010 11:56 PM CDT
>#trigger {offers you a tip of} {#send accept tip}

You might want to auto-decline low tips.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Really? 08/06/2010 06:52 AM CDT
Join the PHA. I've run into quite a few players who get upset when you charge them 684 coppers yet they claim they ALWAYS tip at least a plat or more. Riiiight. They were almost dead until you told them what you charge, they decline, and get to keep their almost dead wounds a little longer. I especially love the ones that are already dead and refuse the fees. Cleric standing by ready to rezz, but that gaping chest wound isn't going to get healed by itself... Makes for some great fun roleplaying.

Back on topic though, blood staunch is your friend. I always have it up before I heal someone who is bleeding from a half dozen places. Also, GOL and Refresh seems to help with recovering stamina and concentration a bit quicker than without them.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Really? 08/06/2010 07:48 AM CDT
I would make it a practice to heartlink every customer and be ready for a good ole nap at a moments notice.

Magus Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Really? 08/06/2010 09:27 AM CDT
prep foc 50
.Heal <patient>
cast
'You are healed.
steal <patient>
steal <patient>
steal <patient>
accept tip
'Thank you.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Really? 09/28/2010 07:14 PM CDT
>>Join the PHA. I've run into quite a few players who get upset when you charge them 684 coppers yet they claim they ALWAYS tip at least a plat or more. Riiiight.

I never tip less than 1 plat. I usually go 1 plat if it's just scratches("in good shape") and 2+ plat if I'm not in good shape. I regularly tip up to 5 plat after a long combat training session, because I'm usually pretty beat up at that point. You can ask any Empath in the Crossing guild who's healed Cardinale or Hrallten in the last two weeks.

But the other day two different Empaths on two different occasions tried to charge me > 2 gold for some healing and I laughed at them and gave my plats to another Empath.
Re: Really? 09/28/2010 07:15 PM CDT
Also, I know that post is almost three months old at this point but I'm bored while my mind drains. :D
Re: Really? 09/29/2010 06:59 PM CDT
>>But the other day two different Empaths on two different occasions tried to charge me > 2 gold for some healing and I laughed at them and gave my plats to another Empath.<

So because someone offered you a service for cheaper than what you normally pay, you went to someone else and paid more?

answer me this:
If someone was selling perfect fire-cats for a quarter of what they usually cost, would you go elsewhere and find them at full price? Would you be rude and laugh at the person selling them for a lower price?

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable, if you're one of the facts that needs altering." - Doctor Who
Re: Really? 09/29/2010 07:07 PM CDT
I've given PHA empaths more then the quoted amounts, even after the one failed to save me due to a poison, she healed me after my death and I have a standard tip I give...

Though I don't know of other players, or their characters roleplaying... I standardly give tips for services, lighter toward clerics, and heavier to empaths, if other guilds provided services I might work some standards out there in as well.

Just how I do it.
Re: Really? 09/29/2010 09:12 PM CDT
I find it amazing that this is still an issue. I used to catch a lot of grief with my empath for charging as a member of the PHA, and then I left the PHA in order to try and be... "kinder, gentler, and more generous." While there are a great many that are very appreciative of the healing, there are equally as many who think they're doing ME a favor by allowing me to heal them, and in one circumstance recently, I was told that I should be grateful for "all the empathy training I just received" and they walked off without so much as a "thanks for the healing."

I always had people who tipped more than the fee, and those that would gripe about it, and some who would tip exactly what I asked for. All in all, being a member of the PHA was more fun and provided more RP opportunities. Now I need to see if Sarkranis will take me back...

- GM Raesh
Re: Really? 09/29/2010 10:17 PM CDT
>>DGUTHRIE2: All in all, being a member of the PHA was more fun and provided more RP opportunities. Now I need to see if Sarkranis will take me back...

I don't run the PHA; I'm more like the de facto administrator. But welcome back!

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Really? 09/29/2010 11:00 PM CDT
You anti-pha n00bs need to learn to stop failing at DR. It's bad enough when you do it in-game, but when you bring it to the boards... lol.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 12:01 AM CDT
I was bored too!

>>in one circumstance recently, I was told that I should be grateful for "all the empathy training I just received" and they walked off without so much as a "thanks for the healing."

These are the kind of people I consistently ignore when they come around asking for healing again or I tell them they should be thankful for all first aid training they're recieving. It may be just text and seconds to make them disappear, but wounds are supposed to be painful. They're not supposed to be a 'good thing' and thats why people want them healed in the first place. Yay, you brought me pain as a present! Gee.. thanks. I'll kick you in the groin on your wedding day and call that a present too.

To resurrect a 3 month old thread to gloat that you paid someone more? Golfclap! These posts still astound me.

>>answer me this:
If someone was selling perfect fire-cats for a quarter of what they usually cost, would you go elsewhere and find them at full price? Would you be rude and laugh at the person selling them for a lower price?

My thoughts exactly. Gweths, armor, weapons and the like are all paid for up front without grumbling. Yet, some people would rather die that pay less than a gold for healing up front. NPC healers even CHARGE at time of service, but you can pay the city later. Stand by your principles if you like. The PHA healers likely don't mind if you'd rather die than pay up front.

I've never been in the PHA, but I respect their choice of RP. Bringing this thread back may have driven the final nail for me. Who should Yazegi see about joining?

I was getting ready for bed when I saw this post so.. here..
http://www.motifake.com/never-sleep-again-internet-insomnia-arguing-rnr-demotivational-poster-108459.html
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 12:06 AM CDT
>>MILTO: I've never been in the PHA, but I respect their choice of RP. Bringing this thread back may have driven the final nail for me. Who should Yazegi see about joining?

I maintain the roster and forum. You can find me in Crossing or on AIM (SarkranisDR).

"PHA = Healer Union. They charge for healing based on your injuries. We will now pause while everyone gives their opinion on this." -- Teilan
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 12:21 AM CDT
Yazegi rocks.

- GM Raesh
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 12:38 AM CDT
>>I've never been in the PHA, but I respect their choice of RP. Bringing this thread back may have driven the final nail for me. Who should Yazegi see about joining?

I've heard they've gone soft since some of the original members left. All business and no real rage inducing anymore. But I think the latter stopped when I left.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 01:11 AM CDT
>>SPECIALSAUCES: I've heard they've gone soft since some of the original members left. All business and no real rage inducing anymore. But I think the latter stopped when I left.

We haven't softened our policy. There aren't as many gweth battles, because people have gotten used to us (or have tired of gweth battles), but I still get a lot of negative reactions when I quote prices.

Most of the founding members are still members, though some are not very active anymore.

Re: Really? 09/30/2010 07:21 AM CDT
Yazegi you're always fun to be around.

It is sometimes very hard to RP taking wounds from people when they think you should be appreciative of their need. As a player, I do heal for empathy (I spend 1/2 my time hunting) and I keep the stats and numbers in mind. But as a character, I heal because its a nice thing to do. So when people are demanding or treat me as a "lesser" character thats just there to keep them hunting it really gets on my nerves and I won't heal them. Like you said, taking wounds is painful and not many empaths RP that and I think to some extent that's why it gets ignored.

I'm not a PHA member, but I hope this thread doesn't turn into another "bash the PHA". But I have this feeling...
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 09:23 AM CDT
This topic keeps reviving. Let the poor horse rot already. :(

it's just so dumb.

Just pay the PHA empath your 2 plat and go "Neener! I'm not paying you less than what I'd normally tip!" That'll teach those nasty PHA people!!

:>

I don't understand why it's an issue. it's just a different lifestyle.

It's fine if you want to RP as close-minded jerk who believes all empaths should be grateful for whatever scraps you give em.

But it's a whole different story, when you bring it OUT of the game and show yourself to be a nasty, close-minded jerk...

Buddy, I pay the same amount, if not more, of monthly subscription and I am entitled to play my empath HOW I LIKE (within moderation of course).

:)

Pam
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 09:46 AM CDT
Okay, I'm not getting kicked in the groin on my wedding day, just saying.

<glares at the Yaz>

Ponni
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 10:33 AM CDT
Ponni? Getting married? Pssh. Just saying..

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 11:29 AM CDT
I think it's awesome that we have moved from the gweth hate to board hate for the PHA. People do not have to keep their QQ to a certain character length or fear smashing here, so the tears can flow unchecked.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 11:38 AM CDT
WTB forum smasher.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Really? 09/30/2010 04:00 PM CDT
>>Sarkranis

Only teasing you.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Really? 10/01/2010 10:42 AM CDT

>WTB forum smasher.

~ Purehand

Ummm, I think that would be me.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Really? 10/01/2010 03:11 PM CDT
How much?

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Really? 10/01/2010 05:12 PM CDT
More then the jackpot?

Re: Really? 10/02/2010 10:32 AM CDT
Ok folks. This has gone way off topic. Let's bring it back or end it. That is all. SMASH

-DGUTHRIE2 - Message Board non red name, non blue name, non moderator

- GM Raesh
Re: Really? 10/03/2010 12:47 PM CDT

ahem

Sad when I miss the good old days of empath conflicts.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Really? 11/15/2010 08:21 AM CST
BUMP (sry)

<<I've run into quite a few players who get upset when you charge them 684 coppers>>

Just curious, does the PHA hand out a tip calculator to its members or something? Pretty specific tip request...

:oP Ragran
Re: Really? (PHA Fees) 11/15/2010 09:30 AM CST
>>Thief-Account: Just curious, does the PHA hand out a tip calculator to its members or something? Pretty specific tip request...

We have a Genie script and a Web-based application (for our members who don't use Genie) that calculate the fee. The fee (not a tip) depends on the location, number, and severity of your wounds.

For anyone who is curious about how we calculate the fee for healing: http://www.empathunion.com/wiki/Pricing

Re: Really? (PHA Fees) 11/15/2010 08:27 PM CST
pha pricing has always been pretty easy to access and, as a rule, way less than what people who normally tip would tip.
Re: Really? (PHA Fees) 11/16/2010 05:17 AM CST
A lot less. Though, for some people that start giving me grief over being charged, I double the fee for each negative comment and let them know. "Since you're unhappy with the pricing structure or the fact that I dare to charge you, your fee has just doubled. You can either agree to the new fee or not. If you continue to complain about being charged, I will double the fee again. Once more after that, and I place you on my "never heal" list. You see... I'm not the one with wounds needing an empath. By arguing or complaining, you're making my life easier. Thank you. Now... about those fees. Should I proceed, or are you going to find another empath to take your wounds?"

Right now, I've got about 20 people on my "never heal" list, and I've left a few of them dead and rotting on the ground because they refused or complained about being charged. It's really not my problem. I'm not the one that's dead.

- GM Raesh
Re: Really? (PHA Fees) 11/16/2010 06:22 AM CST
The fee is much less than I always tip. No one should be bitching about this.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Really? (PHA Fees) 11/16/2010 09:48 AM CST
>>The fee is much less than I always tip. No one should be bitching about this.

And I'll add to that, no one is 'forced' to use it. There are other options.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!