Barbarian vs Empath 05/07/2010 04:13 PM CDT
I was standin around Haven for a bit today and this barb was bored so he challenged me to a duel. Not sure if he even knew I was an empath at first. I was wearing a brawling title and my shadowsilk cloak. So he start throwing his throwing blade at me.. they stuck! So I put up SOP then AGS. Then I was dodging and blocking em all for a bit. Then I get cocky and offer to sit down, which I did for a bit, then he starts hitting me again... til he runs out of blades..and throwing axes. So at this point I tell him he throws like my little sister, tend some blades out, and hand them back. Then take off my shadowsilk. Twiddled my thumbs a bit and once he had ALL of his blades back he started throwing again. Never once using vitality heal. So I sit down again and he's throwing em into me again.. I think he had all the blades he was carrying lodged in me a second time. I cheated and used Heal twice. I was tending em and handing them back to him as fast as I could. He was yelling, Yazegi is a monster! He's gonna be on drugs! Finally he gets a decent stun in. About 10 throws later he finally wins!

* Leuchtende throws a throwing blade at you. You partially block with a blue-scale buckler. The blade lands a good strike that lightly cuts your forearm.
The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're terribly wounded, slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]
* Leuchtende throws a throwing blade at you. You partially block with a blue-scale buckler. The blade lands a good strike that cuts deeply into muscle on the right thigh.
The throwing blade lodges itself firmly into you!
[You're near death, slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]
* Leuchtende throws a throwing blade at you. You partially block with a blue-scale buckler. The blade lands a good hit to your neck.
The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're near death, slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]
* Leuchtende throws a throwing blade at you. You partially block with a blue-scale buckler. The blade lands a good strike that pierces straight through the breastbone to lodge the throwing blade in the heart.
The throwing blade lodges itself savagely into you!
[You're near death, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]

You see Leuchtende start to back off just as you lose consciousness. The challenge has been satisfied!

Leuchtende says, "There."
!SUPR>hea
Your body feels at death's door!
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the head, an occasional twitch on the forehead, some tiny scratches to the neck, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right arm compounded by deep cuts across the right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by a broken left arm with gaping holes, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg compounded by deep slashes across the right leg, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by a broken left leg with gaping holes, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right hand compounded by cuts and bruises about the right hand, a few nearly invisible scars along the right hand, minor swelling and bruising around the left hand compounded by deep cuts across the left hand, a severely swollen and deeply bruised chest area with ribs protruding out from the skin compounded by deep cuts across the chest area, severely swollen and bruised abdomen, minor swelling and bruising in the back compounded by cuts and bruises about the back, a few nearly invisible scars along the back, some minor swelling and bruising around the right eye compounded by a black and blue right eye, some minor twitching.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right arm slight
left arm moderate(tended)
right leg light
left leg moderate(tended)
left hand slight
chest light(tended)
inside r. arm light
inside l. arm light
inside r. leg slight
inside l. leg moderate
inside chest severe
inside abdomen light

You have a throwing blade lodged savagely into your chest, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your neck, a throwing blade lodged firmly into your right leg, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right arm, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right hand, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your chest, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your left hand, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right arm, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your back, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your left hand, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your chest, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your left hand, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right eye, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right leg, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right arm, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your chest, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right leg, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your back, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your back, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your left arm, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right leg, a throwing blade lodged deeply into your left leg, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your abdomen, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your chest, a throwing blade lodged shallowly into your right hand, a throwing blade lodged firmly into your left leg, a throwing blade lodged just barely into your left leg, a throwing blade lodged just barely into your left hand, a throwing blade lodged just barely into your back.
You're unconscious!

Leuchtende says, "Damn."
The soothing notes of Rezzian's song have a subtle meditative effect on you, easing your body.
Leuchtende chuckles.
Leuchtende says, "You dam weirdo."

(We never did tell him that the local bard was doing Lilt the entire time!)

You exclaim, "You kin take my wife.. but you will never take MY KEG!"
Re: Barbarian vs Empath 05/11/2010 03:21 AM CDT
Gotta love it. See all us empaths are not wimps!
Re: Barbarian vs Empath 05/11/2010 07:46 PM CDT
>>Gotta love it. See all us empaths are not wimps!

I disagree.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Barbarian vs Empath 05/12/2010 09:59 AM CDT
<<I disagree.

I'll kill you.

~player of Zaeylor
Re: Barbarian vs Empath 05/12/2010 12:40 PM CDT
Shotgun on graverobbing.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.