the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 12:21 AM CST
Backstory: A guy picks fights with two Empaths, Szrael sleeps him, he runs away. He comes back, starts tracking the Empaths down every 2 minutes, so I take my Empath to maulers and wait for him to come back. He tracks, can't figure out how to leave, gets NB'ed, then logs to avoid dying.

He then posts an incoherent rant about how NB is OP. I think. ( ( http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=4&topic=5&message=3777 )

It was straying into conflictsville so I am replying here.

>>mmm well even though you feel the duration of the crappy spells empaths use to 'pvp' if thats what you call that.. then i suggest they rethink the entire healing system you use on yourself and had negitive effects while you try to heal up using ewh, iwh, heal wounds, or regen in pvp... and blood staunch and uh, what is that called... vitialy healing spell.. uh yeah

This might be relevant if your character could actually do anything to mine that might require her to heal herself.

You practically begged for the opportunity to be attacked by multiple Empaths, why are you QQ'ing and combat logging when they inevitably start to kill you?

meh?

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 12:34 AM CST
<<You practically begged for the opportunity to be attacked by multiple Empaths, why are you QQ'ing and combat logging when they inevitably start to kill you?

My take: He feels he has a right to have human controlled punching bags that aren't able to punch him back.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 12:45 AM CST
What is the name of this fine gentleman?

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 12:51 AM CST
Nefidyne.

You may also know him as Kaedro (sold some time ago) or Kokem (same).

Rev. Reene

"On this earth and in these times, Good and Bad are inseparable: I accept being evil in order to become good." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 01:03 AM CST
Huh... Was he the original Kokem? I thought I used to get along with that guy way way back. He had another big thief before Kokem. I digress; maybe it was a different K-named character, I never had a talent for remembering DR-names anyway. Just didn't remember Kokem being the combat-logging type.

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 06:25 AM CST
Yes, he's the original Kokem. I don't remember him having another thief before that, very possible tho. Kokem is NOTORIOUS for crap like this and always has been. He's always combat logged, he's always been incoherent (gee, wonder why) and he's always whined about other guilds being OP when he gets owned. Nice to see some things never change. ::picard::

Welcome back Kokem!
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 07:49 AM CST
>>He had another big thief before Kokem.

Kretain
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 07:54 AM CST
>>i wouldnt say i got owned.<<

I beg to differ. You got owned. An empath has to prep and cast two spells in order to sleep you. If you were hidden, they couldn't cast on you. If you shot arrows or bolts and stunned or killed them, they couldn't cast on you. If you cast another spell or two and either disabled them, killed them, stunned them, knocked them into another room, they couldn't cast on you. If you threw a few LT or HT weapons at them and stunned/killed them...

You get the picture. You got owned by an empath.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 09:43 AM CST
Oh wow, I just read a log of another incident he had with an empath. Hot mess.

~ Purehand

Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 04:03 PM CST

It's not just empaths. He is a just a chronic combat logger period.

See Exhibit A.

Glemm turns to face you.
* Driving in like an adept combatant, Glemm throws a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at you. You fail to dodge, taking the full blow. The hammer lands a very heavy hit that blasts hard into the left arm and causes purple welts to appear almost immediately.
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!
[You're beat up, cold, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
!>
Martyka snaps a copper coin at you!
The copper coin smacks you dead-on! The copper coin bounces away and is lost.
You are stunned!
!S>
Glemm picks up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
!S>
* Driving in with naturally fluid movements, Glemm throws a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at you. You attempt to dodge, failing miserably. The hammer lands an extremely heavy hit that breaks the right arm.
[You're smashed up, cold, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
!S>
Kitosaki turns to face you.
* Moving as one fluid extension of power, Kitosaki throws a throwing hammer topped with a blackened steel skull at you. You attempt to evade, taking the full blow. The hammer lands an annihilating strike (Urrem'tier would be proud!) that blasts the foe in the lower back with a sickening crunch (bending it in a way you didn't think possible!).
* Nefidyne was just struck down!
Reality shifts back to normal as you are pulled from your current location and returned back through the rift to where you were before.
[Northern Trade Road, Rolling Hills]

Silus gestures at you.
A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps toward you from Silus, warping into a spiraling force that slams into you!
You are blasted back, reeling backwards in a severe daze from the blow!
The light silently explodes.
S>
Cerval gestures at you.
Something slippery as an eel creeps into your soul, engendering horrid feelings of inadequacy. You are thrown into a void of spiritual oppression.
You suddenly drop to your knees before Cerval, sobbing in dysphoria.
SKR>
Your spirit feels less drained.
SKR>rub
You are still stunned.
SKR>
Lueda just tried to drag you but you pulled away.
SKR>quit
Silus begins to advance on you!
Silus is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
SKR>

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 11:09 PM CST
Nefidyne whispers, "plus he tried to report me, and uh think he got introuble himself for using another char on a different account hes not married to to kill me. cus uh... he talks big"

Gotta bring on the love.
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 11:10 PM CST
Someone accused me of being Szrael's alt the other day.

It was the nicest unintentional compliment I've ever received.

Rev. Reene

"On this earth and in these times, Good and Bad are inseparable: I accept being evil in order to become good." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/20/2009 11:33 PM CST
>>Nefidyne whispers, "plus he tried to report me, and uh think he got introuble himself for using another char on a different account hes not married to to kill me. cus uh... he talks big"

Yeah, he's talking about a guy he graverobbed there. I think? He is rather incoherent. Szrael was giving him crap for being a graverobber and he took exception, which is what started this particular incident.

>>Someone accused me of being Szrael's alt the other day.

lol, I thought it was Szrael being your alt. I was like, d'awww!

We have to both go to Simucon so we can dispel this rampant misinformation.

-- Player of Szrael --

"Necromancy is Bad" (GM Armifer)
Re: the ignominy of defeat 11/21/2009 06:42 AM CST
Alternatively only one of you could go with two name tags, one for when you're wearing glasses and one for when you're not. It worked for Superman.
Re: the ignominy of defeat 12/02/2009 12:37 PM CST
If you're gonna pick a fight, be prepared to die. Gee whiz, it's only a game. I been beaten up by more than one person higher than me for insulting them, and I didn't even take MOST of them personally. And I am mellowed out enough now I could care less. It's part of the fun.