Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 02:10 PM CDT
soooo post the names then.

Rev. Reene

Szrael says, "I may deliberately do pretty awful things to my body, but you moon mages let terrible things happen right inside your own skulls."
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 04:30 PM CDT
i dont heal in the guild very often, usually because there is a room full of afk scripting zombies and it is annoying to try to deal with the scroll. when i do, there have been many times that i am the only one actually healing inspite of the 2-5 other empaths sitting there. the last time i did this, after being in there about 20 minutes, some one decided to wake up and oocly whisper to me that i could let some one else heal. i chose to thump them, it made me feel better. if the guild gets busy and there are people scrolling up the room i have dragged them into the library.

honestly, there are better places to do this stuff, it would be nice if people found them.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 04:37 PM CDT
As you know Reene, I don't log things, and for the first time I wish I had a log, so I could name names. Finding out the character was a new one angered me enough to post.

Francelia, (the lost empath)

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 04:50 PM CDT
I just thought you might remember who it was. I mean, you knew they were pet empaths so I assume you at least know whose pets they are?

Rev. Reene

Szrael says, "I may deliberately do pretty awful things to my body, but you moon mages let terrible things happen right inside your own skulls."
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 04:56 PM CDT
Why don't you log? I can't really think of a reason, so I'm curious.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 06:41 PM CDT
For once it wasn't me! But I do have to say, whoever dragged the corpse in there and abandoned it was also at fault.

Just because there were Empaths there doesn't mean that they are there to heal.

Whoever dragged the corpse there probably should have determined if any healing was going on before leaving it, instead of making assumptions.

-- Player of Szrael --
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 06:53 PM CDT
>>But I do have to say, whoever dragged the corpse in there and abandoned it was also at fault.

I think healing the dead is a waste of time for an Empath. :(
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 07:51 PM CDT

>>As a player whose main character is an empath, I have many reasons to dislike pet empaths, thank you for giving me one more.<<

Agreed.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 08:23 PM CDT
>> after being in there about 20 minutes, some one decided to wake up and oocly whisper to me that i could let some one else heal.

I get this all the time. I tend to think of the infirmary as the emergency care room of the realms. When I'm in there, I scan everyone that walks in for their wounds, and if they have plenty, I'm already prepping refresh/raise power in preparation to heal them before they even ask. In my experienced, I've gotten rude stares, sighs, from those who think I'm hogging patients, even though I asked before if anyone else wanted the next patient (with no response).

Nowadays the infirmary is more like a bedroom mixed with a lecture hall, that sometimes houses an upscale health clinic, mixed in with a Sproul plaza that has a boxing ring..... than an emergency care room.

---
"All models are wrong, some are useful." -George C. Box
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 08:54 PM CDT
I don't really have a good answer as to why I don't keep logs, other than I play Fran as I kind of think we all live our lives; memories of events, and things we have experienced are dulled or sharpened by distance and time. We remember things, such as how we felt, when someone said something to us, and those memories color the actual happening in an undefinable way. I don't mean to get into a explanation about how I play, but there it is.

As for them being pet empaths, perhaps they weren't, but truly I couldn't imagine a player whose main character is an empath leaving someone to rot in the guild, and not responding to my repeated request as to what was happening, or if anyone had sought assistance. If the body was someone people refused to help, someone certainly would have explained.

I don't know how the body came to be there. So perhaps who ever left the dead in the guild has some explaining to do, but as the body had been left there during the invasion, I can only assume the person that dragged the body there was assuming there would be some help. The body had been completedly healed after all.

Francelia (the lost empath)

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 08:59 PM CDT
>> As for them being pet empaths, perhaps they weren't, but truly I couldn't imagine a player whose main character is an empath leaving someone to rot in the guild, and not responding to my repeated request as to what was happening, or if anyone had sought assistance.

This is a poor assumption to make for many reasons.

Rev. Reene

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 09:21 PM CDT
>>This is a poor assumption to make for many reasons.

There once was a time where this was not a bad assumption.

---
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 09:26 PM CDT
>> There once was a time where this was not a bad assumption.

Is this leading into another "IN MY DAY..." because it's been like a week since I've gotten to laugh at one of those.

Rev. Reene

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 09:31 PM CDT
You're still reasonably likely to find an Empath healing at the Empath guild. But it's never a good idea to assume that this is the case. Empaths should be able to use their guild as a teaching/social spot without being constantly harassed or accused of murder when people die because they refuse to move three rooms and use the hospital instead.

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 10:01 PM CDT
>>Is this leading into another "IN MY DAY..." because it's been like a week since I've gotten to laugh at one of those.

nostalgia is hilarious c/d

>> Empaths should be able to use their guild as a teaching/social spot without being constantly harassed or accused of murder when people die because they refuse to move three rooms and use the hospital instead.

If empaths feel over-harassed, they shouldn't refuse to move two rooms from the main rooms and use the sitting room for teaching/socialness. Maybe you guys can start a new norm, much like that the one where bodies shouldn't be dragged to the empaths for healing, and dragged to the clerics directly... because.. you know.. clerics are more likely to have an active empath on duty than the empath's guild.

---
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 10:08 PM CDT
>> Maybe you guys can start a new norm, much like that the one where bodies shouldn't be dragged to the empaths for healing, and dragged to the clerics directly... because.. you know.. clerics are more likely to have an active empath on duty than the empath's guild.

Last time my Empath tried to do this I got called a griefer for dragging their body out of the guild.

Rev. Reene

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/18/2009 10:39 PM CDT
>>If empaths feel over-harassed, they shouldn't refuse to move two rooms from the main rooms and use the sitting room for teaching/socialness.

I've tried to get people to go back to using the Main Room for teaching and socializing, and the Infirmary for healing, but it hasn't really caught on.

With the new power perception model, the infirmary is once again much, much better than the main room mana-wise (better than willow walk, even) so hopefully people will start moving back in that direction for healing again, and the main room can be used for teaching and socializing more.

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/19/2009 08:32 AM CDT
i have no issue with people using the main room for teaching and socializing, that is really a great idea, especially since mana is better in then infirmary and talulah is in there so herbs are available if needed. my complaint would be the the person who is sitting in the guild for literally HOURS on end scripting and listening to a class and not socializing, it is just annoying.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/19/2009 11:51 AM CDT
Perhaps I shouldn't have made the assumption, but I do not think I was far from wrong, as the body was healed completely, the "living" beings in the room were not responding, there was no teaching going on, just folding and spell casting. The room was empty save for the body and the other 3. I remained after I gwethed for a cleric, and the dead body was the only one who was communicative. I am not talking about a room filled with script, people socializing or doing anything but sitting there being completely silent, save for the actions they were engaged in. The body wasn't lost in amongst all the witty conversation.

All of the three sitting there had gweths, and yet it seems they made no attempt to drag the body to a cleric, or call for one to come to the guild. I know there was an invasion going on, and many were busy with other things, but I would think most in times of an invasion would be a bit more on the ball. I can understand a moment to oneself, but from what the body said, it seemed like these three had been unresponsive for the entire time she had been laying there. Again, the body showed more patience than I would have.

I am not going to knock someone who doesn't want to heal, or just needs some down time after filling their mind with healing others and self healing, but the idea they couldn't gweth for clerical assistance while waiting is what caused my anger on the behalf of the body. This wasn't a case of people just not wanting to do something, this was a case of blatantly being uninvolved with one's surrounding, and in a place where people come for assistance. I don't think either your empath Reene, or Szreal would ignore a body to the extent this one had been ignored, even if you were there for purposes other than providing services to those in need. I spend most of my time in disguise so I can pick and choose when I wish to heal, so I understand exactly what you all are talking about when you say you are not there to do the bidding of the general populace, and I am the last one to take issue with this. What I take issue with is people sitting in a place new players would go to find assistance, and not reacting or offering assistance at all.

From what I know about most players, even the most jaded of players extend a helping hand to those who are new to the game, or during a time of invasion. Perhaps I am being polite in assuming the two empaths involved in this were pet empaths, perhaps they were just AFK scripters. I just thought the pet empath explanation was a gentler one, as it would explain the main character being involved with the invasion, and not keeping a close eye on the empath, whom they had left in a safe spot. IMHO either situation is just wrong, but to be an AFK scripter, and taking space up in a place where people are going to come and seek help, for some reason just seems much worst to me, not sure why, so don't jump down my throat for the statement.

Francelia, (the lost empath)

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/19/2009 11:58 AM CDT
>>I am not talking about a room filled with script, people socializing or doing anything but sitting there being completely silent, save for the actions they were engaged in.

I'm confused. were they scripting or not. If they were scripting you have a point. If they were not then they were not doing anything wrong and were completely in the realms of policy. As long as you're not gaining any experience or any in game advantage you don't have to be responsive.

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer
Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/19/2009 12:01 PM CDT
Sorry, terms confused, yes there was scripting going on, what I meant was there wasn't 30 people sitting about, just the 3, and the body, so the scroll wasn't insane, and it was completely obvious there was a dead body requesting assistance.

Francelia (the lost empath)

Re: For those with pet empaths. 06/28/2009 09:03 PM CDT
Other day when the invasion was going on, I was sitting back listening to it on my gweth, while popping boxes and listening to a class. I didn't bother going to town to help out, didn't bother to heal anyone, just kept popping boxes. Later, after power walking a bit, I did happen to stop by the guild, and actually healed someone. They had been waiting awhile, I figured, what the heck, I've got refresh and regen up, why not. Thing is, there are 6 empaths around, I figure one of them will heal.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 07/01/2009 06:49 PM CDT
Yes, I would have to agree with what Szrael said. It is important to remember that Empaths don't owe the world a heal, ever. Any more than a War Mage owes it to any random person to Locate someone, or a Moon Mage owes it to any random person to make gweths.

Not endorsing endless AFK scripting mind you. I particularly have to wonder about those who lie there and bleed out in their head due to too much PERC HEALTH.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 07/01/2009 06:55 PM CDT
I've watched people bleed to death on my empath and rot into autodeparting on my cleric because they were too stubborn or stupid to ask for help properly. You know, with a please and a question mark on the end.

Not saying that's always the case, but sometimes the problem is just that someone walks in and says "I have wounds" or "haha im dead" and expects people to jump up and help.

Rev. Reene

(1:37:09 PM) Telrenth: I haven't got the foggiest idea what the hell you're talking about. Which, now that I think back on things, is about normal for the first few minutes of a conversation with you.
Re: For those with pet empaths. 07/01/2009 07:05 PM CDT
>Yes, I would have to agree with what Szrael said. It is important to remember that Empaths don't owe the world a heal, ever. Any more than a War Mage owes it to any random person to Locate someone, or a Moon Mage owes it to any random person to make gweths.

The problem with that analogy is that locates and gweths are things of convenience, not necessity. When herbs don't break autohealers and fail on severe wounds and there's a non-empathic way to heal disease, I'll agree.